R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree13Likes

Old 02-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #8116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did any kits ship out this week from awesomatixusa? Can't wait to start the build!!!!!

REFLEXRACING.NET * TEXASEOS.NET * YOKOMO
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #8117
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
Did any kits ship out this week from awesomatixusa? Can't wait to start the build!!!!!
Glad I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting like a little kid

It looks like my L2 has been delayed a little bit, and I'm considering upgrading to the Evo 2 instead. Anyone mind chiming in with the fundamental difference between the Evo and L cars? I found a list of different parts the Evo uses compared to the L, but a list of part numbers doesn't really paint a good picture for a first time buyer.

Cost aside, is there a reason one would want to go with the L2 over an Evo 2?

-Wes
WesRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #8118
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesRaven View Post

It looks like my L2 has been delayed a little bit, and I'm considering upgrading to the Evo 2 instead. Anyone mind chiming in with the fundamental difference between the Evo and L cars? I found a list of different parts the Evo uses compared to the L, but a list of part numbers doesn't really paint a good picture for a first time buyer.

-Wes
I don't have my kits yet but from doing research, main things were,

EVO 2
Aluminum Chassis
FFG1.1

L2
Carbon Chassis
No FFG

REFLEXRACING.NET * TEXASEOS.NET * YOKOMO
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:12 AM   #8119
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
That setup station looks like the integy purple setup station, which the caster doodles also work with
Hey Mike
I have the Integy set up station..the caster noodle didn't work.. If I remember right the caster doodle pointer was a little too high. later I brought the Hudy later
Old 02-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #8120
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Floating gear box?????

I just built two 700l kits and the reason I didn't go with the EVO is because I run VTA and USGT and for those two classes I beleive that the floating gear box is over kill. If I were running 17.5 or mod I would have the EVO. I am getting ready to convert a used roller that I bought to a aluminum chassis car just to see how it feels. I can tell you that at best I was a B MAIN driver with my XRAYS but put both my AWESOMATIX cars in the AMAIN this past weekend!
TWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #8121
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Hey Mike
I have the Integy set up station..the caster noodle didn't work...So I brought the Hudy later
Integy has many setup stations. The older ones with the purple blocks works. I think the newer ones do not

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 AM   #8122
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Integy has many setup stations. The older ones with the purple blocks works. I think the newer ones do not
I have the old one ...why are you telling me it does work I have tried it before about since the first A700 came out
I own the set up for more than 5 year..I brought this set up for Tamiya 201 F1
Old 02-25-2015, 11:28 AM   #8123
Tech Champion

Quote:
I have the old one ...why are you telling me it does work I have tried it before about since the first A700 came out
I own the set up for more than 5 year..I brought this set up for Tamiya 201 F1
Because i have seen many people use the purple setup blocks with the doodles just fine

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
Old 02-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #8124
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Because i have seen many people use the purple setup blocks with the doodles just fine
well some how ,I didn't like the way it fit or turn out ,,I know by to comparing the hudy seem to work better in my opinion .. but it is all good
Old 02-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #8125
Tech Champion

Quote:
well some how ,I didn't like the way it fit or turn out ,,I know by to comparing the hudy seem to work better in my opinion .. but it is all good
It is also possible they changed the shape of them at some point and never told anybody, that would be a very integy thing to do. But the hudys are much nicer

Old 02-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #8126
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:

-Wes
If you are ever planning on bolting in more power than a 17.5, I would opt for the evo. I have run an evo and L in 17.5 and noticed no difference. I did run an L at snowbirds in VTA.
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:04 AM   #8127
Tech Regular

Default I had the Integy.

Quote:
I had the Integy setup system and had to remove material from the Caster Doodle to use it with the 700l. I have since purchased the Hudy because it gives a more precise reading than the Integy system. With a Dremel and a little patience it's pretty easy to modify the Caster Doodle to work with Integy system. I bought Integy based on price and then spent $$$$$ AGAIN after I bought my Awesomatx cars.
TWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:58 PM   #8128
Tech Regular

Anyone running a 200mm body on their A700? I'm going to be running my Evo 2 in USGT with a HPI Ford GT body. HPI's website says to use 3mm wheels, but everywhere else online says 6mm which seems to make more sense mathematically.

Exactly how wide is the Evo 2? Unfortunately I don't have my kit quite yet to measure myself, so was hoping someone has experience getting the right wheel for a 200mm GT body.

Last edited by WesRaven; 02-26-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #8129
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Anyone running a 200mm body on their A700? I'm going to be running my Evo 2 in USGT with a HPI Ford GT body. HPI's website says to use 3mm wheels, but everywhere else online says 6mm which seems to make more sense mathematically.

Exactly how wide is the Evo 2? Unfortunately I don't have my kit quite yet to measure myself, so was hoping someone has experience getting the right wheel for a 200mm bodies.
200mm will work just fine. I have used them before. It just doesn't look as good as the 190mm because there will be a bigger fender gap or space between the wheels and the body. Nothing you will see on the track but if you are up close you will. All USVTA bodies are 200mm but the rims are wider so it looks better.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #8130
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
200mm will work just fine. I have used them before. It just doesn't look as good as the 190mm because there will be a bigger fender gap or space between the wheels and the body. Nothing you will see on the track but if you are up close you will. All USVTA bodies are 200mm but the rims are wider so it looks better.
I understand there will be some gap, which is why I'm wondering what offset of wheel people are running to compensate. I'm probably going with 6mm all the way around, but curious what other people's experience is before I place the order. Thanks guys.