Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I had a good day yesterday in Toledo with a TQ and win in both 17.5 and mod TC.

Monti
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-image.jpg  
Old 05-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monti

Monti
Nice job Monti
Old 05-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Monti
Great job Monti!!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Nice job Monti
Originally Posted by Jerry P
Great job Monti!!
Thanks guys! It was nice to run some asphalt even though it was only 50 degrees with some wind thrown in.

The track in Toledo is a must attend/buckett list type track and if you ever get the chance to go I recomend it.

Monti
Old 05-19-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Monti
My congratulations!
Please inform your setups.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Initiate

I sold my A700 with lot of parts.

Details are here :
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post13274181
Old 05-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Question for the awesomatix masses.

Running 17.5 blinky on med traction carpet and trying to find a setup I like. I've looked through the setup sheets on the website and I don't see much for an evo with a 17.5.

Since I have the parts for the L and Evo, is there any advantage to going back to the L configuration?
Old 05-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mclarein
Question for the awesomatix masses.

Running 17.5 blinky on med traction carpet and trying to find a setup I like. I've looked through the setup sheets on the website and I don't see much for an evo with a 17.5.

Since I have the parts for the L and Evo, is there any advantage to going back to the L configuration?
I believe Fairtrace's setup for 17.5 from Snowbirds is an EVO. You can also try anyone's 13.5 setups for the EVO, they should work well in 17.5. Check out Kyle's ROAR nats 13.5 setup. You might have to adjust the sway-bars depending on traction and tires.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I believe Fairtrace's setup for 17.5 from Snowbirds is an EVO. You can also try anyone's 13.5 setups for the EVO, they should work well in 17.5. Check out Kyle's ROAR nats 13.5 setup. You might have to adjust the sway-bars depending on traction and tires.
I actually tried Kyle's 13.5 setup, just messing around. Because I bought mine used, I'm trying to figure out how to use the topdeck with the evo setup.

And I found a diagram

Last edited by Mclarein; 05-19-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: thank you google
Old 05-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

If your running on lower grip or your tires are on the harder side like the Gravity tires we used at MHIC try more droop. 2.5 - 3mm in the front and 3-3.5mm in the back over ride height. We found harder tires like these need more droop for the car to be fast.

If you start traction rolling back out droop until it stops but go no less than 1mm in the front and 1.5 in the back. Start making other changes like softening the suspension.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ricky- what is your driving style?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Brent, we run sweep 28's with paragon black, really soft tires especially after a few hard runs.

Originally Posted by hanulec
Ricky- what is your driving style?
I don't really know how to describe it (besides crappy). l like the car to roll more than a stiff setup. Larry's birds setup feels better to me than Kyle's 13.5 setup did. I removed the top deck and the setup felt better.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

28 tires + black can paragon. sounds like a lot of grip.

the reason i ask how you drive is that on carpet people can get away with a bunch of different styles (less so on asphalt, in my option). i know larry drives w/ a lot of push brake and focuses on a slow in, fast out approach. kyle uses a drag brake + toss the car into the corner approach. both can work -- but the setups are VERY different.

with such high carpet, it is hard to get a lower roll center than what larry ran. only adding at21s could make it much lower.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mclarein
Brent, we run sweep 28's with paragon black, really soft tires especially after a few hard runs.

I don't really know how to describe it (besides crappy). l like the car to roll more than a stiff setup. Larry's birds setup feels better to me than Kyle's 13.5 setup did. I removed the top deck and the setup felt better.
Ya this could definitely be on the higher traction side. Even though I was not running a EVO you could try my Carpet Nats setup. It does require the AT21S arm balls, for me this was key. At home after Nats when I ran very grippe Sweeps this setup was unbeatable even against Kyle at 5280. If you need more steering make the front sway-bar smaller or even remove it. My driving style is more on the less aggressive side. I turn the wheel slower into and through the turn instead of whipping the car around the corner and get on the throttle smoother than most. I'm am surprised you liked the car with out the top deck. Most at 5280 on high traction carpet the top deck on an EVO with the C01AL chassis.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ya this could definitely be on the higher traction side. Even though I was not running a EVO you could try my Carpet Nats setup. It does require the AT21S arm balls, for me this was key. At home after Nats when I ran very grippe Sweeps this setup was unbeatable even against Kyle at 5280. If you need more steering make the front sway-bar smaller or even remove it. My driving style is more on the less aggressive side. I turn the wheel slower into and through the turn instead of whipping the car around the corner and get on the throttle smoother than most. I'm am surprised you liked the car with out the top deck. Most at 5280 on high traction carpet the top deck on an EVO with the C01AL chassis.
As of this moment I'm running larry's setup with no top deck, 2k xray diff oil rear, at21s. I tried it with the top deck and it just felt too stiff but that was before I put on the at21s or the 2k diff. The car is pushy into the sweeper but better than it was.

After much debate with my track pals, I drive more like Kyle than Larry. I did try Kyle's setup though and it didn't feel too great. I'm just messing with the car, since I have a couple of different setups that are okay adaptations of other people's setups.

I would like to find that magic base setup, and I don't feel like I'm there. We are two weeks from the start of our summer Electric series and the first race is our only indoor race. That's the deadline for finding that magic baseline.

On a side note, I got the sample back from my father-in-law for my new pit cover. Background material will be grey and less space between the logos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.