Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FartOfDoom
I'm looking at the A700EX, that's $896!!! $400 over what's currently available. Springs, oils ect. wont be needed since I've got almost all that's needed.

Still though it's one hell of a good looking car!!!
I guess most of the cars I see locally are L cars. I have 2 EXL's but my third car will be an L. I hope you find a way to get one because they are great cars.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FartOfDoom
I'm looking at the A700EX, that's $896!!! $400 over what's currently available. Springs, oils ect. wont be needed since I've got almost all that's needed.

Still though it's one hell of a good looking car!!!
Today I first tested my EXL and I immediately regretted having spent almost the same amount of money onto my T4 previously....just the standard setup the EXL is very responsive and turn like its on rails! Too bad after a couple of packs the car's rear end nipped on a board then the drive cup dislodged and wrecked a diff gear, or it would be a marvelous day on the track. I'd say I am willing to pay more for Oleg to include the pin type gear diff shaft as standard as that seems to be the weakest link so far I read here, and I am just a regular "Sunday driver" so a bit of beef up on that part to make it more sturdy would definitely help.

I read somewhere that the car can use Spec R diff gears, but I found the drive cup shaft could not fit into the Spec R gear. I had the metal diff gears ordered through my hobby store, and that has been almost 3 weeks wait already still no news. I hope I could retro fit a set of diff gears to keep the car running. I rather wait for the A700 to run again than to turn to my T4...

And what should I do with my half assembled VBC...
Old 08-25-2013, 10:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

blackshark - the p20 delrin diff covers help the front drive shafts a lot. i haven't seen any rear drive shaft issues. installing the at15 in the rear drive shafts help a lot.

cutting your axles, and installing a beefy bumper also is great "new car" advise.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default Titles

The South Australian State Titles where held over the weekend,placed 3rd in the final of the 17.5 boosted,for me it was a good result for the car on asphalt,next event on the list is the Australian Titles in November.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by zoomster
The South Australian State Titles where held over the weekend,placed 3rd in the final of the 17.5 boosted,for me it was a good result for the car on asphalt,next event on the list is the Australian Titles in November.
My congratulations, Scott !
Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hi all....if my A700 kits (brand new) come with 3 left shock and 1 right shock, who can I contact and get the right parts back...? After spending quite some time on the car kit and I am bumped to see I have to stop now because my right front shock is missing (or rear left)...but I do have an extra set of front left (or rear right) that I cannot be use

Also....missing all 4 P16 lock ring. Car is 40% done and I really don't know what else is missing.......I am located in USA. Thank you all....

Last edited by Solara; 08-26-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Hi all....if my A700 kits (brand new) come with 3 left shock and 1 right shock, who can I contact and get the right parts back...? After spending quite some time on the car kit and I am bumped to see I have to stop now because my right front shock is missing (or rear left)...but I do have an extra set of front left (or rear right) that I cannot be use

Also....missing all 4 P16 lock ring. Car is 40% done and I really don't know what else is missing.......I am located in USA. Thank you all....
Hi-
Please email [email protected]
Everything will be straightened out even since you didnt buy it locally. You missed out on the added kit quality assurance...

Mike
Old 08-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It takes a while to locate the Parts to build this Car the first time... It will take me at least three weeks, with OT at Work and all.... Take your time....
Old 08-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
It takes a while to locate the Parts to build this Car the first time... It will take me at least three weeks, with OT at Work and all.... Take your time....
Get as much overtime as you can buddy.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hanulec
Hi-
Please email [email protected]
Everything will be straightened out even since you didnt buy it locally. You missed out on the added kit quality assurance...

Mike
Thanks Mike....not looking for free replacement but I hope at least I can buy the missing parts....as I just found out the A700 is discontinued. But I will still trying to finish the kit and do some testing with the new motor and new ESC.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks Mike....not looking for free replacement but I hope at least I can buy the missing parts....as I just found out the A700 is discontinued. But I will still trying to finish the kit and do some testing with the new motor and new ESC.
A700 works just fine, just isn't the latest kit. I was using one before I bought my new L chassis. I have used very similar setups, main difference is trying to figure out the different dampening from the new "shocks" unless you have replaced them with #6's.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
A700 works just fine, just isn't the latest kit. I was using one before I bought my new L chassis. I have used very similar setups, main difference is trying to figure out the different dampening from the new "shocks" unless you have replaced them with #6's.
I am looking forward to complete the car only...not really looking forward to update the car to the latest. I have quite alot of learn from this car and I hope I can keep working on it...
Old 08-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
A700 works just fine, just isn't the latest kit.
I agree. Finally got my A700 on the track for the first time this weekend (last race of our NWAC Series) and it performed quite well. Qualified 3rd out of 24 drivers in Scale Spec, but 1 bobble kept me from the podium. Car was really good despite servo issues all day. All in all, very pleased with the car and getting the latest kit soon.

I am looking forward to complete the car only...not really looking forward to update the car to the latest. I have quite alot of learn from this car and I hope I can keep working on it...
Ditto
Old 08-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Some of A700 drivers sometimes suffer due to a problem of ST07 diff outdrives "popping out".
The reasons of this - the excessive oil in the diff, the diff overheating, too soft or the worn out inner o-rings.
Of course ST23 + ST26 set solves this problem completely but there are others simple solutions also.
One of them - on the picture:
I am trying another approach: use 4 x 8 shim at the same position of the Gear diff modification.pdf
Old 08-27-2013, 03:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Team Awesomatix Asia driver on Podium in A.O.C. RD3

The report from our Asia Team.

Team Awesomatix Asia arrived in Bangkok on Tuesday ahead of Asia Onroad Championship (A.O.C.) Round 3 which is to be held in RC City. An indoor covered track that was the venue of TITC 2011.
Team Awesomatix Asia lead by Wen from Taiwan arrived ahead of the first A.O.C. race in Asia since its inception in 2012. The track proved to be a natural enviroment for the Awesomatix A700 chassis. Team Awesomatix Asia had a few drivers spread across a few different classes in Open Modified lead by Korean team driver Jung Hyuu Ahn (Awesomatix factory team driver) which proved immediately that he was on pace with the big boys, only a few seconds off the likes of Surikarn Chaidajsuriya and Andy Moore, he was able to clock the third fastest overall time during qualifying, due to ill fortunes, he was not able to improve further and had to settle for 4th on the grid for the finals.

The first Final is an amazing race with Ahn able to gain a position to finish 3rd behind Surikarn and Andy, which also achieved the 3rd fastest single lap time behind the two ISTC World Champions. While the second final proved to be a hard final for Ahn piloting his A700 as he went airborne while on the main straight catapulting his car into the barriers, but the car escaped unscath and Ahn eventually finishing 6th overall for the 2nd A-Finals. But Ahn proved to be unflappable and took second in the 3rd A-Finals to finish 3rd overall behind the two World Champions.

The final results are:

1st Andy Moore
2nd Surikarn Chaidajsuriya
3rd Jung Hyuu Ahn (Awesomatix A700EXL)

Also our Stock driver Wen was the 2nd overall in 17.5 class.

Congratulations for Ahn and Wen!

Ahn's setup is attached:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AOC 3ROUND-S.pdf (313.0 KB, 228 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.