Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 04-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hana166
First assemble the diff dry, with the gears you intend to use. Shim 0.1mm one side and reassemble. If its too tight, take it out. If not then shim the other side as well. again, if too tight, take it out. And so on..I go through the process each time to get it spot on, if I have time.
The ideal is to have the gears mesh as tight as possible to prevent excessive wear or premature failure, but avoiding binding. This keeps it smooth as possible under load.
Well, i've done it like hana166 said.
I didn't have the opportunity to test it yet...
I added one 0.1mm shim on the bevel gear side and no shim on the other side.
Does it matter if the two sides aren't shimmed equaly?
Thx in advance
Old 04-07-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hana166
Just a note to say congratulations to Richard King for winning the Demon GP. This is the first major event win for the A700 in the UK.
He's had a string of good results this indoor season and has been threatening to do something like this, beating a collection of some of the best stock drivers (and mod A finalists) in this country.
Well done mate
We have received Richard's setup and this setup is very interesting.
You can find it here: http://awesomatix.com/download/
Old 04-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can I please ask when the EXL kits will be back in stock? Both the EU and US sites have it out of stock at the moment.

Regards,

Simon
Old 04-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty
Can I please ask when the EXL kits will be back in stock? Both the EU and US sites have it out of stock at the moment.

Regards,

Simon
We have EXL, EX and L cars (+ a parts restock) on order right now. Is shipping to us on Monday. You can back order kits at Shop.AwesomatixUSA.com too
Old 04-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thankyou very much for the quick response. I just checked both sites and it seems to be a bit cheaper to get the kit from the EU site as postage to Australia is considerably cheaper from there for what ever reason (almost $us 40 cheaper). I know this isnt really anything that you can control. Just letting you know.

Regards,

Simon
Old 04-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What you will get from Awesomatix USA is a kit that is double checked to make sure you don't have missing parts. Myself and a few others have received kits with missing parts. Oleg has great customer service and promptly corrects this but I would think having a kit with all the parts from the start would be preferable. By the way Awesomatix USA has the same great customer service Oleg provides.

Oops missed that you said EU site.

Last edited by malkiy; 04-07-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Shame about the missing bits although that doesnt worry me too much - the kit is for a friend of mine

He does have the earlier version with spares so he should be right if he is unlucky enough to have missing parts.

My obersvations regarding costs from EU store vs US store were just that - observations. International/Australian customers like myself may wish to factor in when ordering their kits. I know both Oleg and the USA gang are regulars here on the forums helping Awesomatix owners out so I'm confident they provide quality service regardless of where the kit is shipped from.

After my experiment with the CSO One has run its course I may need to give the Awesomatix a go

Regards,

Simon
Old 04-07-2013, 08:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

if anyone has some better recommendations for USA to Australia (or Europe) shipping please let me know. right now USPS is the cheapest option I'm aware of. i did a quick price check at UPS and Fedex and I couldn't believe it... expensive!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

After the butt whipping I took today.....I say great car. Wish I had one to run for the upcoming Reedy
Old 04-07-2013, 09:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
After the butt whipping I took today.....I say great car. Wish I had one to run for the upcoming Reedy
Yeah, I hear Aaron dominated Stock TC at NorCal today with this A700L
Old 04-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hanulec
Yeah, I hear Aaron dominated Stock TC at NorCal today with this A700L
Dominated is an understatement. It was like saying my dad can beat up your dad, then seeing your dad get beat up It reminded me of when the TC3 first came out and dominated all the carpet races. The drive train is so free and smooth and the corner speed it carries is far above everything currently being run at Norcal. Anyone wanna send a used one to Sacramento for me to run for the Reedy and I'll ship it back right afterwards
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Dominated is an understatement. It was like saying my dad can beat up your dad, then seeing your dad get beat up It reminded me of when the TC3 first came out and dominated all the carpet races. The drive train is so free and smooth and the corner speed it carries is far above everything currently being run at Norcal. Anyone wanna send a used one to Sacramento for me to run for the Reedy and I'll ship it back right afterwards
His car wasn't necessarily a lot faster, fast lap was only .1 better than Ken's, but it looked very easy to drive, which explains the easy 7 second win on a 16 second fast lap. So yea, 1/2 a lap is dominating.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default A700

I would say my car is really neutral and easy to drive. One run my top 20 laps were within 3 tenths . Didn't really drive hard car is smooth I worked on gearing all day went up and down a range if 8 teeth.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by erchn
His car wasn't necessarily a lot faster, fast lap was only .1 better than Ken's, but it looked very easy to drive, which explains the easy 7 second win on a 16 second fast lap. So yea, 1/2 a lap is dominating.
You're right about the lap times but the consistency over the entire race made that 7 seconds. Ken had the only car that could have given him a run though. Still impressed with the car
Old 04-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
I would say my car is really neutral and easy to drive. One run my top 20 laps were within 3 tenths . Didn't really drive hard car is smooth I worked on gearing all day went up and down a range if 8 teeth.
Setup?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.