Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 02-08-2012, 06:14 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
The missed it when it happened. He got shufffled out early in the first corner and then dropped out. The video is on the Snowbirdsnationals.com website. I think it is Video4.

It has been a while since I have seen someone check out like that in the mod main. Hagberg had the total package.
He led the first 3 laps and coming down the straight away he was too wide, tapped the outside board and it looked like he jerked the wheel to straighten the car up and rolled it off the sweeper...I caught his car. That dropped him to third. About 5 laps later he drove her in to deep and ripped the left side of his car off in the sweeper. I caught that one too as I was marshaling there

EA
Old 02-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
He led the first 3 laps and coming down the straight away he was too wide, tapped the outside board and it looked like he jerked the wheel to straighten the car up and rolled it off the sweeper...I caught his car. That dropped him to third. About 5 laps later he drove her in to deep and ripped the left side of his car off in the sweeper. I caught that one too as I was marshaling there

EA

Good job protecting the crowd!

Did most of your guys run the same setups?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Team EAM

Good job protecting the crowd!

Did most of your guys run the same setups?
Most were similar. Haynes ran a completely off the wall setup on his car and I applied part of it to my car for the main and deff was better for me. He had super stiff front springs versus all the rest of us running super soft. It deff worked for him though! Hagberg had a little different setup as well with a super narrow rear and really soft all around. Paul is always different than anyone else. Dave Johnson was really close to stock setup with his car other than some shock angles.

EA
Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Most were similar. Haynes ran a completely off the wall setup on his car and I applied part of it to my car for the main and deff was better for me. He had super stiff front springs versus all the rest of us running super soft. It deff worked for him though! Hagberg had a little different setup as well with a super narrow rear and really soft all around. Paul is always different than anyone else. Dave Johnson was really close to stock setup with his car other than some shock angles.

EA
Best example of how you can go fast different ways. I looked at Haynes car and was surprised how stiff the car was. It did work. Front was stiff and back was bit softer with a loose top deck. I think arguably he is one of the top carpet guys in the US and a great setup guy. There are a lot 'wheels' in RC but Haynes manages to prove that half of the execution is the setup. Will have to use some of that thinking in the A700. We need a better flow of that type of thinking with this car state-side or it is going to be short run.

Good run btw. Your stuff looked strong the entire week.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Team EAM

Best example of how you can go fast different ways. I looked at Haynes car and was surprised how stiff the car was. It did work. Front was stiff and back was bit softer with a loose top deck. I think arguably he is one of the top carpet guys in the US and a great setup guy. There are a lot 'wheels' in RC but Haynes manages to prove that half of the execution is the setup. Will have to use some of that thinking in the A700. We need a better flow of that type of thinking with this car state-side or it is going to be short run.

Good run btw. Your stuff looked strong the entire week.
Yes I agree that Haynes is not only a great driver but also awesome with setup stuff. This is the 3rd different car he has won a race with in 3 years (Losi, HB and now Xray). He is deff good with setup stuff!

Maybe as Awesomatix grows they will see the need for drivers in other places and it will find its place here. I watched most of your qualifiers and it looked like you were getting the car better every run. The rip the car has is insane!

Thanks! Just found something that worked a little to late.

EA
Old 02-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dawson and EA...you guys are soo nice
Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
Dawson and EA...you guys are soo nice
But you stink at TQ'ing your drive to the office!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Team EAM

But you stink at TQ'ing your drive to the office!
LOL.

Dawson...You got a ticket for Poland yet? Poznan is where you fly into (POZ code).

EA
Old 02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys!

My order is on its way! Great news!

I have some small questions for you...

I'm going to run my first race on A700 in some weeks... We race on a non-permanent track that's mounted for the race. The key point is that the grip is very very low...

Could please you indicate me some key elements I have to work on to get grip with the A700 (full setup will be ideal, but I can't find any low-grip setup anywhere)?

For comparison, I used to run a TCX with Exotek Flex-chassis, with 1.5mm rollcenter, 45WT suspension, HPI pink and blue springs and ball-diff last race, but the grip was not terrible... Very hard to put my card where I want, in the direction I want... Problem mainly coming from the Absolute 32 tires with red Muchmore sauce...

Maybe Freddy, you could help me on this?

By the way thank you very much for any informations you will be able to give...
Old 02-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

LOL.

Dawson...You got a ticket for Poland yet? Poznan is where you fly into (POZ code).

EA
Seriously, I got a green light from my wife. Just need to make sure I don't have other commitments in April. Won't know that for another two weeks.

I have a couple bing searches going for plane tickets.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Seriously, I got a green light from my wife. Just need to make sure I don't have other commitments in April. Won't know that for another two weeks.

You have my number, i'd like to be part of Dawson shuttle services for the weekend, you buy, i fly
Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
You have my number, i'd like to be part of Dawson shuttle services for the weekend, you buy, i fly
LOL. Well let me know. If some other American's are going I may be in for sure. My wife has given the green light and is in fact trying to find a ticket for me! LOL

EA
Old 02-09-2012, 05:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

LOL. Well let me know. If some other American's are going I may be in for sure. My wife has given the green light and is in fact trying to find a ticket for me! LOL

EA
flights appear to be at least $1100 USD (about 1 awesomatix ... i couldn't help myself) and 12+ hours. good luck fellas...
Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by hanulec
flights appear to be at least $1100 USD (about 1 awesomatix ... i couldn't help myself) and 12+ hours. good luck fellas...
930.00 round trip from Nashville. I figure it would be cheaper there from Newark.

EA
Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys... Awesomatix thread?

Airwave, try Sandy Iavazzo's setup on the website.

Here in Australia we run on very low traction asphalt and that is the best setup we have found so far. I am sure it would translate quite well onto low traction carpet with rubber tires.

Also you may want to try starting starting with the shorter links for maximum traction and lengthen to wash off excess grip as needed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.