R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #1171
Tech Apprentice
 
Tbone13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Question : what's the best set up change on the car to get more side bite ?
(speaking of jaco Blue rubber tires)
Hy,
can you please tell me where the car get unstable?
corner entering, mid corner or exit on throttle?

Whit the rollcenter I tried also a lot and it depend on the track ...
on fluid track you can run in front areally little rollcenter about 1mm-1,5mm

on our very technical track with fast "s" chicanes its impossible to drive with such a low rollcenter in front ... the car get to hard to drive on heavy weight tranfers ..so most of the time i run in front 3mm on the upperlinks and 0 front/front and 0,5fornt/rear under the wishbones. like that my car is really dialed in any situation.

@method699 no problem dude ...It a pleasure to see people going faster and faster with the A700 ..

kind regards Tom
__________________
supported by and thanks to:
Modelconcept / Absima Racing / TeamC / Hacker Brushless motors / Awesomatix
Tbone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:31 AM   #1172
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Congratulations for Tom Maquel!
Big international GP3F race ( France) - 2nd place in 10.5T busted class.
His A700 setup is on our site now.
http://awesomatix.com/download/
Oleg Babich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #1173
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,500
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Tried no more than 1.5mm under the arm mounts. Rear seems happier at .5 at the most. Front with no more 1.5mm.
Thanks Mark
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #1174
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,500
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone13 View Post
Hy,
can you please tell me where the car get unstable?
corner entering, mid corner or exit on throttle?

Whit the rollcenter I tried also a lot and it depend on the track ...
on fluid track you can run in front areally little rollcenter about 1mm-1,5mm

on our very technical track with fast "s" chicanes its impossible to drive with such a low rollcenter in front ... the car get to hard to drive on heavy weight tranfers ..so most of the time i run in front 3mm on the upperlinks and 0 front/front and 0,5fornt/rear under the wishbones. like that my car is really dialed in any situation.

@method699 no problem dude ...It a pleasure to see people going faster and faster with the A700 ..

kind regards Tom
Hi Tom
My A700 is drive great..I just wanted to know if I decided to low roll center or high if needed..Thanks
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #1175
Tech Master
 
John.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Track
Posts: 1,290
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

What is the general consensus on oil weight for the rear gear differential? I'm currently running AE 80wt (=1000cST) oil in my gear diff. The diff is very loose and free. I've run my car on 4 different race/practice days with mixed results. The first 2 sessions my car was very predictable and easy to drive. I would categorize the overall handling as slightly pushy. It would be slightly pushy entering the turn and at mid corner and corner exit (full throttle) my rear end was planted while providing the right amount of steering.

However, my last 2 race days have been complete opposites and utter disasters. My car is still slightly lazy entering the corner but rotates way too quickly at mid/exit causing it to hook or traction roll (when traction comes up). I've had several folks (excellent drivers and experienced at chassis setup) help me out this past weekend. Based on their recommendation I made numerous changes througout the day but was unable to get it to where it was on the first two outings. By the end of the day everyone was pretty much stumped.

I've been thinking about going to a slightly heavier (even mix of 1000cST and 2000cST) weight oil on my gear diff. Do you guys think that can help? There's a big race in January at my local carpet track and if I can't get this sorted out I'll most likely shelf the car for that race.

This was the original setup that worked great the first two times.
__________________
- Middle River Hobbies - The Track -
John.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #1176
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Default

my car...
youtube.com/watch?v=m98kJ89Y2ys
method699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #1177
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

John.C,

What is your front and rear SRS/RHS ARR - I or II ?

Could you please inform your setup by means of our "New editable A700 setup sheet"?

http://awesomatix.com/download/page/1/

It will be very usefull for understanding of problem areas on your car.
Oleg Babich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #1178
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

John, did you cut the top deck?
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #1179
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by method699 View Post
Nice driving! And very tight and difficult track as I see it.
Oleg Babich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:04 AM   #1180
Tech Apprentice
 
Tbone13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.C View Post
What is the general consensus on oil weight for the rear gear differential? I'm currently running AE 80wt (=1000cST) oil in my gear diff. The diff is very loose and free. I've run my car on 4 different race/practice days with mixed results. The first 2 sessions my car was very predictable and easy to drive. I would categorize the overall handling as slightly pushy. It would be slightly pushy entering the turn and at mid corner and corner exit (full throttle) my rear end was planted while providing the right amount of steering.

However, my last 2 race days have been complete opposites and utter disasters. My car is still slightly lazy entering the corner but rotates way too quickly at mid/exit causing it to hook or traction roll (when traction comes up). I've had several folks (excellent drivers and experienced at chassis setup) help me out this past weekend. Based on their recommendation I made numerous changes througout the day but was unable to get it to where it was on the first two outings. By the end of the day everyone was pretty much stumped.

I've been thinking about going to a slightly heavier (even mix of 1000cST and 2000cST) weight oil on my gear diff. Do you guys think that can help? There's a big race in January at my local carpet track and if I can't get this sorted out I'll most likely shelf the car for that race.

This was the original setup that worked great the first two times.
Hello John,
I just looked at your setup and there are some thinks that i will not use like that.

- cut your topdeck, uncutted its for the use of foams on carpet, with rubber tires its essential to cut the hole topdeck ass shown in the manual !!!

- remove the 4 screws in the rear of the car like shown in the manual !!!

- don't use the swaybars

- open your front toe +2 (each side) to make the car more roll in the corners and prevent trationrolling <--very important change !!!

- use a little more expo on your sterring (-20 / -35) to make the car not so aggressive entering the corners.

- if you really want to see the potential of the car...do not use the base setup on rubber carpet. in that setup your rollcenter is way to high in front etc.
If you want a winning setup for with alot of sterring and incredible cornerspeed, please try this one.
http://awesomatix.com/engine/download.php?id=29
when its to aggressiv on the sterring please change:

- dampers front and rear to 5mm / 2mm (same front and rear)
- no active caster in frotn so please make 3mm under every ballstud

with all these changes you will be really impressed by the handling of the A700 ... it drive more like a 1/12 car than a 1/10 on rubber...

tell me what you think and have fun
kind regards Tom
__________________
supported by and thanks to:
Modelconcept / Absima Racing / TeamC / Hacker Brushless motors / Awesomatix
Tbone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:10 AM   #1181
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Default

thanks Oleg,

i'm just an average driver and that car really makes me feel more confident when drivin' it..

as says Tbone13 is setup is a must to use when usin' rubber tires and u just can fine tune it minor changes to match ur drivin' style..

i'm using 2000 cst on the rear diff but i'll try 800 cst next time..
i'm using Sorex 32 tires will try 28 hope to gain a few tenths
also will try the lightweight mazda speed6 and see how it handle.


has someone tested the LTCR vs Speed6?

thanks.
method699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #1182
Tech Master
 
John.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Track
Posts: 1,290
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Please find attached my START and END setup sheets from this past Monday. I had cut the top deck on my 3rd outing right after my first qual.

Starting setup
Awesomatix EP Touring Car-start-johnc-mrh-carpet-12-26-2011.jpg

Final setup (much better but still loose in the rear)
Awesomatix EP Touring Car-end-johnc-mrh-carpet-12-26-2011.jpg
__________________
- Middle River Hobbies - The Track -
John.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #1183
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.C View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Please find attached my START and END setup sheets from this past Monday. I had cut the top deck on my 3rd outing right after my first qual.

Starting setup
Attachment 854206

Final setup (much better but still loose in the rear)
Attachment 854209
Are you trying to set up the car for asphalt or carpet? I am positive that you will find a big difference between what you will run at the C and MRH. Different tires, sauce and surface.

Btw, the links aren't working.
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #1184
Tech Master
 
John.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Track
Posts: 1,290
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

The first three outings were at 'The Coliseum' (indoor asphalt track). I used the basic setup and made some few changes. The wierd thing is this setup worked great the first 2 outings but was terrible in the third and last time at the 'C'.

This past Monday I raced at 'Middle River Hobbies' (indoor carpet track). I used the setup that I posted above (links fixed). I used a different setup, with new Sweep QTS32 tires, and different sauce (STX 3.0).
__________________
- Middle River Hobbies - The Track -
John.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #1185
Tech Champion
 
danjoy25's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,126
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Telegraphic Funds transfer

Can you guys confirm which is the BSB Number and Account Number from:

IBAN[USD] CY80 0030 0158 0000 0158 3200 8047

My incompetent bank is asking for it and they won't process the transfer as my initial order was via Western Union so not sure what the go is.

Found the answer, so here it is to help anyone in the future.

CYkk BBBS SSSS CCCC CCCC CCCC CCCC

B = National bank code
S = branch code
C = account No.
__________________
Top Racing Photon EX / Mugen MTX-5 / Tamiya M05 / 3 Racing FGX & F113 / Kyosho RB5

Western Zydney Racers (Mini-Z Racing in the west)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/658918-1-28-scale-sydney-racing.html

Last edited by danjoy25; 12-29-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: found the answer
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0