Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poop
cheers for the bearing info!
+1 !!!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok thats the build done, now to learn about the set up and the best way to do it as, no lonk sizes for the long arms in the manual.

Anyone have any tips with regards to getting the settings right as its obviously very different to most other touring cars.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Subliminal
Ok thats the build done, now to learn about the set up and the best way to do it as, no lonk sizes for the long arms in the manual.

Anyone have any tips with regards to getting the settings right as its obviously very different to most other touring cars.
There are some good setup sheets on their site for various track conditions.

Also, to get the long link sizes, I would suggest measuring the difference between the two holes (with a pair of calipers) and adusting the link length accordingly. This all said without me owning one, so I could be wrong.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Page 35 on the manual shows you how to set camber and caster. The best way to measure camber is with a setup station or a camber gauge. Using digital calipers to measure the length of the upper link is not recommended. Different ride heights will require different upper link length to achieve the same camber. Several techniques have been mentioned to measure caster. They all work so choose what works best for you. The important thing when measuring caster is that you must use the plane of the lower deck as your reference point when doing all 4 corners.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Come on guys, some of you must have raced your cars by now. How are they going what have you found works on the track and what doesnt work. How have you found it in comparison to your previous cars ??
Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Come on guys, some of you must have raced your cars by now. How are they going what have you found works on the track and what doesnt work. How have you found it in comparison to your previous cars ??
That and what's durability like?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedyfowler
That and what's durability like?
and more pics
Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Other car is a 417, the A700 will need a couple of race days with good traction (carpet) to get dialed in.

Took the A700 out last weekend for a shakedown. Acceleration was swift, steering was responsive and the car was really stable with great traction out of the box. Running a spool and gear diff. Was expecting the car to be more free but the car develops mechanical grip well. This weekend will be its first full day out. As for durability, I had a small tap (glanced) with one of the boards - surprised to have bent an upper turnbuckle. Sure this was just a freak thing. Will probably shave the axles stubs outside of the wheel nut to prevent the axle from catching the PVC boarders.

I ran the gear diff with the box instructions, it was quite free. Not sure what the gear diff changes that Oleg prescribed will provide - but any further improvement to the gear diff would be steps above competitive setups.

The initial shake down was promising.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MDawson
Not sure what the gear diff changes that Oleg prescribed will provide - but any further improvement to the gear diff would be steps above competitive setups.
More durability at MODIFIED. Some drivers havn't problems, but others pretty quickly destroed plastic diff gears. It's a subject of driving stile. This mod provide more tight mesh between plastic gears.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hy,
I think that you readed the entire posts here ? just go back to my post 734 a few pages back ... I explained some interesting stuff there about handling etc.

I drove the car now a second hole race weekend with a lot of practise on saturday and a complete race on sunday ... car was incredible fast with TQ and win.
My setup you will find in the download section on the Homepage .

I tried on saturday some few changes ... I wanted to know how the different shock positions affect the handling .. so first was running with soft shock and hard oil. then switched to hard shock and soft oil. (all positions to maximum)

Biggest differnce to any other car is that the car was never undrivable. A little more nervous and unconfortable but always drivable. It depends on Driving style whitch shockpositions you like. I found mine and think will not change them so fast on carpet cause the car was Perfect on sundays racing.

Other thing I tried is active caster and on that point i just can say that it is something for experienced drivers. Active caster (startet with 2mm difference litke Steen often drives it) will give you more sterring in the entering of the corner and A LOT more in mid and exit !! so on fast corners it can be when you are to hard on the throttle that the rear end will get loose... so i ended up with 0,5mm difference and I liked it a lot cause the car was not understerring at all <--new experience

I think in the future i will play a lot with this option to setup my car right in the corners like I want !

so see you on track
regards Tom
Old 11-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks so much for your comments, reactive castor is the one setting I was most looking forward to experimenting with
Old 11-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Well guys car is pretty much finished. Made good use of my Ipod touch to set the caster on the car. That combined with my Hudy gauges worked a trick.

One last setting I could do with some advise on and help understanding is the downstops.

On Denis Zurkov's set up which is pretty much what i've used as a base line he states the downstop measurements as 26 rear and 25 front. How are these being measured ????

Cheers guys
Old 11-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Well guys car is pretty much finished. Made good use of my Ipod touch to set the caster on the car. That combined with my Hudy gauges worked a trick.

One last setting I could do with some advise on and help understanding is the downstops.

On Denis Zurkov's set up which is pretty much what i've used as a base line he states the downstop measurements as 26 rear and 25 front. How are these being measured ????

Cheers guys
5 and 6 on the 10 mm blocks is the same
Old 11-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Oleg/Awesomatix team drivers - Do you have any photos/dimensions of the newly released IAS? Additional info on the following items would be greatly appreciated.

A700-AM20 AM20 IAS Steering Rod
A700-AM21 AM21 IAS Steering Plate
A700-AM22 AM22 IAS Steering Arm x 2

I'm interested to know how these compare to the stockers? I assume the team drivers have been testing the new setup. Any feedback?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Oleg, please make a 1/10 offroad 4wd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.