R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2015, 04:51 AM   #7741
Tech Initiate

Quote:
(car is working well, I like the way it feels, however, I do think it is on the edge of traction rolling-if I clip a dot, it rolls easily.)
Any solution/help for that?
markova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:59 AM   #7742
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tof View Post
Hello,

On the new lower deck C01AL-S2 the C04 and P12 rub it between.

Should we cut the plastic part P12?
Yes, with C04 please remove some material on P12.
New C04AL and C04M don't need this.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:33 AM   #7743
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT View Post
I am going to run the DR/L6 dampers on the new chassis. Was looking for a bit of help on trying to emulate the same feel as what I am currently running, car is working very well using Josh's set-up with a few changes.

My current damper/spring setting are;
Front A-5.0 B-6.0 = 64.7gf/mm
Rear A-5.4 B-5.6 = 69.1gf/mm

(car is working well, I like the way it feels, however, I do think it is on the edge of traction rolling-if I clip a dot, it rolls easily.)
For the new chassis--
Right now your guess are as good as ours. It is really early days for everyone w/ the car. You'll have to run a low "A" gap in order to ensure they remain straight on the car --- as the AM17{l|r} will not be in contact with the C01AL-S2 chassis 'notch' after 3.6mm of "A" gap

For flipping--
Decreasing your "A" or "B" would make sense
Focusing your changes on the rear of the car often provides the most benefit. I would just reduce your Rear "A" gap by 1mm to 1.4mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markova View Post
Any solution/help for that?
There are many potential solutions for traction roll. The challenge is often
1- getting the right information on what to change... as there is a lot of bad info out there.
2- which change to prioritize
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:05 AM   #7744
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
For the new chassis--
Right now your guess are as good as ours. It is really early days for everyone w/ the car. You'll have to run a low "A" gap in order to ensure they remain straight on the car --- as the AM17{l|r} will not be in contact with the C01AL-S2 chassis 'notch' after 3.6mm of "A" gap

For flipping--
Decreasing your "A" or "B" would make sense
Focusing your changes on the rear of the car often provides the most benefit. I would just reduce your Rear "A" gap by 1mm to 1.4mm.

There are many potential solutions for traction roll. The challenge is often
1- getting the right information on what to change... as there is a lot of bad info out there.
2- which change to prioritize
I hear you Mike, I should of ordered the new dampers as well. On the subject of orders, mine is due to be delivered today, thanks for getting it out so fast!

I will try setting the gaps as such;
Front A-3.0 B-4.2=65.1gf/mm
Rear A-3.4 B-3.8=69.8gf/mm

Will see how that feels compared to my old set-up. It should solve the flipping issue I think. I do have a new set of DL/R6 dampers, could try those with the softer A gaps, this may work as well.

Going to a big race this weekend, traction should be way higher than what I run on normally, so the softer setting should help, and I can try softening the springs as well. (was just looking at your set ups, it is very close to what I am running, with the exception of I am running some reactive front castor, and you are way softer on the springs/dampening) Will play with it, but I am starting to understand how this car works, and I like it. I've never been faster!
SLOWINSLOWOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #7745
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

the best suggestion is to try some big 'swings' in different directions until you get closer to a setup that feels right. you have to capitalize on the strengths of the given platform. the fact that with the help of a friend and a 1.5mm and 2.0mm driver you can change droop and dampening w/o leaving the stand is very important. in one battery pack you can potentially make some big changes and quickly dial yourself in (or out).
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #7746
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

Going to a big race this weekend, traction should be way higher than what I run on normally, so the softer setting should help, and I can try softening the springs as well. (was just looking at your set ups, it is very close to what I am running, with the exception of I am running some reactive front castor, and you are way softer on the springs/dampening) Will play with it, but I am starting to understand how this car works, and I like it. I've never been faster!
If the race you are talking about is the WCICS / IROCC race in Victoria Canada this weekend I'm attempting to be there albeit a little late on Friday. Look me up and I'll give as much support as I can. That goes for anyone running our car. 58 stock TC entries and 27 mod TC , should be another great event !

Jake D.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #7747
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
If the race you are talking about is the WCICS / IROCC race in Victoria Canada this weekend I'm attempting to be there albeit a little late on Friday. Look me up and I'll give as much support as I can. That goes for anyone running our car. 58 stock TC entries and 27 mod TC , should be another great event !

Jake D.
I'm glad you are going to be there....Jacob could use all your help he can get ....j/k
Old 01-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #7748
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
the best suggestion is to try some big 'swings' in different directions until you get closer to a setup that feels right. you have to capitalize on the strengths of the given platform. the fact that with the help of a friend and a 1.5mm and 2.0mm driver you can change droop and dampening w/o leaving the stand is very important. in one battery pack you can potentially make some big changes and quickly dial yourself in (or out).
Yep, need to just try things. I never looked at it this way, you are right, very easy to do changes track side! One thing that just came to mind, it would be very useful if there was marks on the underside of the chassis at the damper cut-outs to set the dampers quickly track side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post

Jake D.
That's the one, this will be my third year going, I keep moving up every year, this year hoping for a solid B main finish in both TC stock and 12 stock. Should be a good time regardless!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #7749
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
I'm glad you are going to be there....Jacob could use all your help he can get ....j/k
It wouldnt be the same if you dont have both Jacobs

jk... thats right... should be a awesome.... 250+ entries now and still going up and up...
Old 01-07-2015, 04:20 PM   #7750
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Yep, need to just try things. I never looked at it this way, you are right, very easy to do changes track side! One thing that just came to mind, it would be very useful if there was marks on the underside of the chassis at the damper cut-outs to set the dampers quickly track side.
Unfortunately your spring rate and ride height are affected when moving the damper.
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:39 PM   #7751
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Hanulec, i found this old pic on your instagram (awesome pics btw!)
http://instagram.com/p/jS1XmeGY9V/

I have the same servo and servo saver from Xray, do you remember the thickness of shims you put the bring the servo back a little?

d'oh! in my excitement i missed the 1.75mm!
1990s Futaba FXT stadium racer - Mint condition!
And a bunch of other RC kits for me and my kids...yeah...my kids...
Cadman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:08 PM   #7752
Tech Addict

Got my parts today to update my car. Needless to say, I have no assembly manual. Need guidance on the motor mount, how is it shimmed? Are there any shims between the chassis and AM73-1?

Also, there is no hole in the chassis for the center screw of AM08-1, does it just get held down by the damper screws now?
Old 01-07-2015, 07:19 PM   #7753
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/motor-mount-2-mm2.html

For the central screw of the AM08-1 you don't need it and if you are lazy like me you will appreciate to unscrew just one screw to adjust the shocks
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #7754
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Got my parts today to update my car. Needless to say, I have no assembly manual. Need guidance on the motor mount, how is it shimmed? Are there any shims between the chassis and AM73-1?

Also, there is no hole in the chassis for the center screw of AM08-1, does it just get held down by the damper screws now?
Awesomatix USA website
http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/motor-mount-2-mm2.html
5280raceway.com [Operated by - Colorado On-Road RC Club]
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:31 AM   #7755
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

no matter what i do my diff leaks from the right out drive ,i have tried black grease, green slime and i thought it was coming from the set scre but i sealed it with loctite and it still leaks like crazy . is there a better oring that fits in there? or is it possible that the diff case is defective? such pretty diff just need to keep oil in it