Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
So it looks like the tab supports the outside edge of the battery, so it does not 'clamp' to the chassis anymore at the rear. Has the front battery support changed as well?
Would be interesting to see a central spine that supported both the battery on the right and an integrated servo/receiver/ speed control mount on the left. For the ultimate in symmetry.
Also, would it be possible to put together a parts list of everything required to update an original EVO to the new spec.?
Front battery holder is standard. So the battery lays down on three points: two front end points (the line) and one rear point ( AM69 floating tab support). So the battery is half-floating with MM2 motor mount.
List of parts for original Evo full updating:
1. D2 dampers ( 4 dampers are needed).
2. MM2 Evo II Motor mount set.
3. C01AL-S2 or C01L2 chassis - desirable.
4. AM33-5 stiffener plus AM49-3 short FFG Tower.
For C01L2 carbon chassis the using of AM33-* or AM30-* stiffeners are desirable but not so obligatory as for alloy chassis.
5. AM24 Servo holder or Awesomatix AS-700L servo in case of you still don't have it.
6. GD2 diff in case of you still don't have it.
7. SPR01 springs in case of you still don't have it.
8. P42 Sway bar stopper set - recommended but not obligatory.