Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #7546
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug smith View Post
Hello all

I have recently purchased an A700 Evo, i am wondering if you can point me to any "weak" points on the car? i am looking for a basic set of parts i should keep on hand so i can keep the car on the track, i am not a new racer per say but i recently have gotten back into the hobby after almost a decade break, so be ready to be bombarded with some probably ridiculous questions.

Thanks in advance.

Doug Smith
id recommend
hard bumper
p20 (or 2x st17-1-s)
http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/awesom...d-springs.html
http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/awesom...ion-parts.html
http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/awesom...ckles-397.html
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #7547
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Interesting..

Maybe it's been answered, but why does everyone refer to everything by part numbers only? I've been watching the thread getting ready to make the plunge on the next iteration. At times, I imagine it's what business people feel like when a couple of IT developers start having a code conversation.

It's easy enough to figure out in the end, but I've always been curious as to why in all my years of being on this forum, this is the only car where this is done as a whole.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #7548
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Maybe it's been answered, but why does everyone refer to everything by part numbers only? I've been watching the thread getting ready to make the plunge on the next iteration. At times, I imagine it's what business people feel like when a couple of IT developers start having a code conversation.

It's easy enough to figure out in the end, but I've always been curious as to why in all my years of being on this forum, this is the only car where this is done as a whole.
Simply because the parts number are very easy to memorize (easier than couple of number like Xray and others) and by doing this, everyone can check which part is duscussed about
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #7549
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Simply because the parts number are very easy to memorize (easier than couple of number like Xray and others) and by doing this, everyone can check which part is duscussed about
Another thing to consider here is that some of parts used on this car don't have an equivalent part being used on other TC platforms (e.g., SPR03, or shock pointer, as per the manual). Using the parts numbers instead of using confusing/new terminology simply made it easier for those of us running this car to communicate and understand various components when referencing suspension settings.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #7550
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

But.....

Does any one else every just feel like yelling "bingo" some times. Lol

On a serious note once you get the car in hand it's not as confusing as it seems.

I find myself talking to other ppl and the numbers just roll right off just like saying a part on any other car.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #7551
Tech Adept

Points taken.

Its not like it will deter me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
Another thing to consider here is that some of parts used on this car don't have an equivalent part being used on other TC platforms (e.g., SPR03, or shock pointer, as per the manual). Using the parts numbers instead of using confusing/new terminology simply made it easier for those of us running this car to communicate and understand various components when referencing suspension settings.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #7552
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
I find myself talking to other ppl and the numbers just roll right off just like saying a part on any other car.
Its a the secret handshake for the Awesomatix club
Seriously though I love how specific the part numbers are. Some cars its like are those the pre-June arms? no this is the version that came out after? But before the ETS mod? While Oleg puts specific version numbers in so you can tell exactly what your talking about.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #7553
Tech Adept

Anyone else switched to the new driveshaft and find they are stripping a lot more spurs? I went through more spurs in one weekend than I've broken all year and this was the first weekend with the new part.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #7554
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
Anyone else switched to the new driveshaft and find they are stripping a lot more spurs? I went through more spurs in one weekend than I've broken all year and this was the first weekend with the new part.
Personally I notice nothing special in 17.5 with the bigger shaft in 64P. Only some light resonance vibration at specific RPM on the bench. By the way the shaft need to be free and float back and fort so don't tight to much the RHS screw in the AT12M
For you information I usually run the PRS spurs and I try some ARC. The ARC wear faster than the PRS and some are not perfectly straight out of the box.

What brand of spur do you run?
See you!
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #7555
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
Personally I notice nothing special in 17.5 with the bigger shaft in 64P. Only some light resonance vibration at specific RPM on the bench. By the way the shaft need to be free and float back and fort so don't tight to much the RHS screw in the AT12M
For you information I usually run the PRS spurs and I try some ARC. The ARC wear faster than the PRS and some are not perfectly straight out of the box.

What brand of spur do you run?
See you!
I run Xenon, the exact same spurs I've been running in the A700 since pretty much I first got it. It is entirely possible I ran into a bad batch (or had a weekend of really bad driving )which is why I was wondering if others had noticed a difference.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #7556
Tech Regular

Hi team testers and Oleg.

Will the new upgrade/features of the Evo II can be purchased separately to run/install on the current Evo cars?

TIA and happy holidays!

JC
On-road 1/10 F1: 3Racing FGX + RC9394 Carbon Conversion AE BD/Team Orion/Ko Propo
josecarlo1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:49 AM   #7557
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by josecarlo1129 View Post
Hi team testers and Oleg.

Will the new upgrade/features of the Evo II can be purchased separately to run/install on the current Evo cars?

TIA and happy holidays!

JC
Hi Jose, for this transition - yes.
There could be/will be some year in the future that this could change.... And then this car would be like the rest of them

JC - the motor mount appears to only work w/ the new A700-C01AL-S and A700-C01AL-S2 chassis.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /

Last edited by hanulec; 12-14-2014 at 12:13 AM. Reason: motor mount
Old 12-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #7558
Tech Champion

Smile

Maybe if you used mobile solutions CA glue it might work... I think a one piece spool is necessary here, maybe titanium to shave weight, even if it costs alot......
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Stew View Post
Hi everyone...Thought I'd share my "last ditch effort" to salvage my old spool. I've previously tried the fix with Loctite 648 per the Awesomatix USA instructions. While this worked for about 2 race events, unfortunately it broke free again and I had to resort to CA glue.

I ended up pinning the ring gear to the aluminum spool shaft. This should permanently constrain the two parts. Using a 2mm diameter end mill, I drilled halfway between the two parts to a depth of 2mm. I then inserted a 2mm hardened steel pin, glued with 648 and cut flush. For good measure, I again applied loctite 648 to the ring gear as well. We'll see how it holds up!

bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:54 PM   #7559
Tech Apprentice

The initial December parts order has arrived and been inserted into inventory at shop.awesomatixusa.com

On order now are all of the major parts to convert you're existing cars up to the A700 Evo II spec. These parts are available for pre-order now at Awesomatix USA. Hope to receive the order in the next 1-2 weeks from Oleg and company. Please read the detailed descriptions of the given parts. Once we get the OK pictures, drawings and build instructions will be shared too...

#1 new chassis - http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/upgrad...assis-set.html
#2 new motor mount - http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/upgrad...tor-mount.html
#3 new damper - http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/upgrad...le-damper.html
AwesomatixUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:54 AM   #7560
Tech Champion

Its funny to admit, but I think the new rebuildable shocks are going to be a game changer for us Awesomatix runners. I hate the thought of rebuilding shocks but hopefully it won't be as important to do... Since we've been living without it since the 2013 models came out.

The Awesomatix USA guys have been talking about running Associated oils within setups because it is inexpensive and available locally nearly anywhere.

With the decent sized team I suspect we will have a few setup options running into Snowbirds for these new dampers. That will probably be the big hop up item of 2015....