Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just to stir the pot about the new chassis I am in the process to design a new chassis plate for my L and by comparing them the new one share probably more similarity to the original aluminum chassis than the soft one.
By example I can deduct that the suspension arms probably return to the original location but Oleg may play with offsetting the arms to change wheelbase...at least the arms look asymmetrical!?
The new motor mount also intriguing me but the only thing I can see is that it share one screw from the original design so backward compatibility is still in mind with this evolution.
Enough said from my non expert eye
But it makes a long time I was excited like that about a new car!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Any idea?

On a release date for the Evo 2?
Old 12-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

I think around 2 weeks
Old 12-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's a little info on the RedRC page
http://ets.redrc.net/2014/12/chassis...mi-kutvonen-2/
  • new shocks that now allow the changing of the oil viscosity
  • narrower shape chassis
  • a floating motor mount
  • SD2 installed
Old 12-09-2014, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cadman1981
  • SD2 installed
Now there's a trick! So... anyone else struggling with this concept? Not quite sure how to get the SPR06 in place on G03 per the picture when these are sandwiched together through the gearbox and the motor mount tube. And if by some miracle I'm able to get it in place - how will I ever get them apart again to service the bearings, etc... ?
Old 12-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stogie
Now there's a trick! So... anyone else struggling with this concept? Not quite sure how to get the SPR06 in place on G03 per the picture when these are sandwiched together through the gearbox and the motor mount tube. And if by some miracle I'm able to get it in place - how will I ever get them apart again to service the bearings, etc... ?
To install the SD2, first put the spur gear hub and rear input shaft together, and put them in the car. Then, put the spr06 clip on the g03 in the groove. Then just snap the g03 gear in place and you are done. If you need to take it out, i would probably use a flat head screwdriver and twist to pop the gear out.

I got a chance to try the sd2 in mod this past weekend, along with the thicker front driveshaft. It did seem to take away a little bit of abruptness on power. I dont think i had any big on power loose moments, normally i get myself into one or two
Old 12-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Cool, thanks - good to know. I wasn't sure if I'd damage the SPR06 or compromise it in any way by snapping it together like that (or by forcing it apart upon removal). Probably won't have to service it very often so I guess worst case scenario replacing the SPR06 once or twice a year if I have to won't be any big deal.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stogie
Cool, thanks - good to know. I wasn't sure if I'd damage the SPR06 or compromise it in any way by snapping it together like that (or by forcing it apart upon removal). Probably won't have to service it very often so I guess worst case scenario replacing the SPR06 once or twice a year if I have to won't be any big deal.
I've run SD2 prototypes quite a bit, and SPR06 hasn't been an issue. For me , I've noticed more on power stability using SD2, most of the testing being in mod.

Jake D.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Is the am33-5 required when using co1al-s with new drive shaft? Or can the am30-5 be used? The 33-5 is out of stock.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Nvm chassis is out of stock also.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow Awesomatix A700 Evo II

Hey guys ,
i want to give you all a short feedback of our upcoming A700 Evo II. '

We used it now first time last weekend at ETS Rnd.1 in Hrotovice and it worked out pretty good.
Like the most of you already read Viljami finished 5th overall in Modified class and i finished 10th overall in the ProStock class.

With our new C01AL-S2 chassi the car touches much less the carpet under high grip conditions which save more corner speed ! Overall handling and feeling is pretty same to the C01AL-S. So we only choose a smaler shape at front and rear end to reduce the touching of the Carpet/Asphalt.

Also our new Floating Motor/Battery Mount is a unique design. Its now more easy to adjust the play between Pinion and Spurgear. We can adjust this now super easy with a grub screw which moves the Motor/Motorplate.
Its possible to choose now between different flex adjustments for the Motormount. You can run in Fixed mode and also possible to use the Floating mode. So more possibilities to Setup the car on different Tracks and for different driving stýles.
During the new Flex characteristics with this Motormount we have a more easy and consistent car.

The new Dampers are another new Part we are working on. The new inner layout allow us a more smooth working damper which feel on Track now more like a "Normal Damper". Now the first moment when you run into a corner is more smooth because it works especially at first moment of "damping" much faster compared to our old design shocks.
This will help us a lot on bumpy tracks !!!
Another feature is that everyone can change now the Oil of their dampers by themselfe. No more need to send your dampers back for service or something. You can do it now by yourselfe and also play arround with different Oils if needed.

At the moment we are testing which is the best Oil / Rotor combination for initial setup then. Because we know not everybody want to change/build their dampers by themselfe.
So Awesomatix will offer in kit then dampers with oil which are good for all conditions.

Overall our cars worked pretty well and we are looking forward to the next Races !!

I attached herewith also my setup from ETS Race
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-a700evoii-ets-cz-fileminimizer-.jpg  
Old 12-10-2014, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the feedback Max, can't wait to see the new parts on my car
Old 12-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi everyone...Thought I'd share my "last ditch effort" to salvage my old spool. I've previously tried the fix with Loctite 648 per the Awesomatix USA instructions. While this worked for about 2 race events, unfortunately it broke free again and I had to resort to CA glue.

I ended up pinning the ring gear to the aluminum spool shaft. This should permanently constrain the two parts. Using a 2mm diameter end mill, I drilled halfway between the two parts to a depth of 2mm. I then inserted a 2mm hardened steel pin, glued with 648 and cut flush. For good measure, I again applied loctite 648 to the ring gear as well. We'll see how it holds up!

Old 12-10-2014, 08:13 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.Stew
Hi everyone...Thought I'd share my "last ditch effort" to salvage my old spool. I've previously tried the fix with Loctite 648 per the Awesomatix USA instructions. While this worked for about 2 race events, unfortunately it broke free again and I had to resort to CA glue.

I ended up pinning the ring gear to the aluminum spool shaft. This should permanently constrain the two parts. Using a 2mm diameter end mill, I drilled halfway between the two parts to a depth of 2mm. I then inserted a 2mm hardened steel pin, glued with 648 and cut flush. For good measure, I again applied loctite 648 to the ring gear as well. We'll see how it holds up!

I'm sure that the your spool is no longer spin balance perfect
Old 12-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hello all

I have recently purchased an A700 Evo, i am wondering if you can point me to any "weak" points on the car? i am looking for a basic set of parts i should keep on hand so i can keep the car on the track, i am not a new racer per say but i recently have gotten back into the hobby after almost a decade break, so be ready to be bombarded with some probably ridiculous questions.

Thanks in advance.

Doug Smith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.