R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #7516
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I congratulate Oleg and think it's great we get to trial and run proto parts. I always hated watching worlds and ETS events where the big manufacturers would run proto parts on their cars and you couldn't run them until they released a full brand new kit. You get to spread the cost of a brand new kit over a period of time by upgrading your current Evo's. Look at Tamiya that released the 419 only 12 months after the 418 so guys are shelling out for a full brand new kit already!! I would imagine the trial AM series parts are the new c hubs and steering arms we saw at the worlds, although I'm interested in the dampers? Possibly a softer shock oil? Would be great for low grip asphalt racing. You guys are lucky to have a distributor like Mike Hanulec always having parts available to his racers! Enjoy the Awesomatix for what it is...an ever evolving masterpiece!!!
Simon Noton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #7517
Tof
Tech Rookie

I am disappointed, I just bought the C01AL-S Chassis. I waited a few months before buying it, the time to see the tests with different chassis.

People who bought another car say there are too many new parts, it is lost in the settings and pleasure is also lost.
Tof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #7518
Tech Adept

I run into simlair problems in software development, some clients want the latest and greatest right away, request to code to in the customers hands can be as little as an hour. Other customers want regular releases once a year or even less. I like the way that Awesomatix provides a stream of updates instead of batching them into kit releases once a year.

The A700 is an advanced car, it has more settings and potential than anything else available, it also requires more of an investment in setting it up properly, learning about the parts and their effects. I don't think in the long term it is more expensive than any other tier 1 car out there. To stay current with one of my non-Awesomatix cars I've had to buy two complete new car kits in the time I've only owned one A700 and spend less on keeping the A700 current.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #7519
Tech Adept

I far prefer to have upgrade parts coming out rather than the huge method of claiming all new cars every other day and no upgrade kits or ability to transfer new parts onto existing cars.
http://vintagerccar.blogspot.sg
Harold996tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #7520
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Upgrade parts are good, as long as there is sufficient time in between upgrades....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #7521
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hi all - i think everyone has mixed feelings on new parts. Some love it. Some hate it. The really amazing part is the 2+ year old car is still super competitive and in stock won two of the three largest races in the USA. Congrats and thanks again Kyle!

Unfortunately new parts can distract some... And they get lost. New parts also keep many people interested in the car. And while there are much smaller part runs than most companies be assured the public isn't getting the first ever batch (unless they are amazing from day 1). The designs evolve slightly over time.

After my own most successful season of touring .. I cannot wait to see what 2015 brings!!
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:12 AM   #7522
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm still using plastics from 2011. Best single thing this year for me was swapping the rear shocks L-R and going asymmetric..butter..whoever you are, many thanks..and C01AL-S + AM30-5 with three screws in the middle and no topdeck
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #7523
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Hi all - i think everyone has mixed feelings on new parts. Some love it. Some hate it. The really amazing part is the 2+ year old car is still super competitive and in stock won two of the three largest races in the USA. Congrats and thanks again Kyle!

Unfortunately new parts can distract some... And they get lost. New parts also keep many people interested in the car. And while there are much smaller part runs than most companies be assured the public isn't getting the first ever batch (unless they are amazing from day 1). The designs evolve slightly over time.

After my own most successful season of touring .. I cannot wait to see what 2015 brings!!
Well said, Mike...

This isn't a cheap hobby, and within this hobby, this is arguably the highest-end car. It only took me a few weeks to realize that you get what you pay for. If you're running this car in the first place, chances are you can afford to outfit it with any option you desire.

As for option parts, some left me scratching my head (FCBs) and I passed on them... others seemed brilliant (double-cardan universals - the best design I've seen by any manufacturer, by far) and I outfitted both my EVOs. Still running the kit carbon chassis on both cars and doing just fine with them. Ultimately, 99% of whether you succeed or fail comes down to your setup and your driving.
Stogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #7524
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Mike's last sentence has me a given me a mixed feeling. I hope that there is no great departure of the current car and a totally new model comes out and nothing or little transfers and parts get to be hard to come by for the older car.

Sorry to be so gloomy but after the last election I am a glass half empty kind of guy.LOL
Acts 2:21- And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
ThrottleKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:11 PM   #7525
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleKing View Post
Mike's last sentence has me a given me a mixed feeling. I hope that there is no great departure of the current car and a totally new model comes out and nothing or little transfers and parts get to be hard to come by for the older car.

Sorry to be so gloomy but after the last election I am a glass half empty kind of guy.LOL
Considering the car is a labor of love for at least the last 5 years, I would highly doubt a major departure from the current car. I'd say rest assured that you are in very good hands.
erchn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #7526
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They are running the new car at the ETS this weekend, and there are pics on RED RC of it. Most of the parts ( listed in another post ) are parts that Oleg has had a year or more to define and now refine his design. It's not like he is replacing something he just released. Infact, most of the parts that are replaced and now changed in the new car, date back to the original A700 & EXL platforms.

From what I understand, everything can be bolted onto any of the existing cars to bring it up to EVO Spec 2 standards.

I really think everyone will enjoy the benefit of the new parts once they fully understand them and understand the advantages they offer. But as always its up to the customer to decide what fits their own needs as Awesomatix owners.

WCICS- Competition Director
Korgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:44 AM   #7527
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

1 really good change imo. Heavy duty spool outdrives. impresme
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:47 AM   #7528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Alloy arms ffg stiffener etc. Nothing that looks completely different. I think we are safe. Looks like evo 2 will come with more option parts as standard?
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #7529
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Jamison- I agree the design looks similar.. But ETS pics of Viljami's car doesn't guarantee what will be in the kit. We will be awaiting word from Oleg on the kits final parts list.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:18 AM   #7530
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

Any idea on how far out the Evo2 is from release?

I am looking to get a second car. So if it's not to far from being available. I think I can wait. Lol