R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-24-2014, 06:25 AM   #7456
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
They are just pressed in. The new spool the outdrives screw on. I bought the new style spool and the outdrive broke after I was forced into a board. I guess it's better because I just ordered outdrives. The bad part it was on my first run with new spool. I was upset for a bit. Put in gear diff and made it through the day. The spool on the A700 imo is the weak link of this car. But I will take it over all the other cars many weak links. Jmho
Same thing happens to me!
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #7457
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
Speaking of which, for any awesomatix drivers going to the us indoor champs this weekend, since hanulec is not going i will have a care package of parts available if anyone needs anything
Well... since you're offering! Check your PM, please
Stogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #7458
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
They are just pressed in. The new spool the outdrives screw on. I bought the new style spool and the outdrive broke after I was forced into a board. I guess it's better because I just ordered outdrives. The bad part it was on my first run with new spool. I was upset for a bit. Put in gear diff and made it through the day. The spool on the A700 imo is the weak link of this car. But I will take it over all the other cars many weak links. Jmho
I agree, compared to what other cons other cars have this is very miniscule.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #7459
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Had my first run with my new A700EVO on Saturday. If you were on the fence about picking one up - don't be! Props to Mike Gee and Manny Flores for the setup help and encouragement.

Best of luck to all my new Awesomatix family members traveling to Cleveland this weekend.
Jethroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #7460
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 109 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to wstuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
Well... since you're offering! Check your PM, please
+1

Also Anyone know where I can buy some suspension arms
And P04s
And st-17-1-s

I clipped a board. And my front dcjs are getting worn.

I'd really like to drive this car - it is hands down the best car I've ever driven,

- but it's really hard for me to race/crash as frequently as I would like if I can't find parts.....
Team El Cajon Hobbies
wstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #7461
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to linkinghobby

Quote:
Same thing happens to me!
G-rem is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

Shouldn't buy new style spool?
linkinghobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #7462
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Imo the new style spool is better. Just keep a couple spare outdrives. Just like any other car with replaceable outdrives.

wstuart- awesomatix usa is generally very good about keeping things in stock. He sent a good chunk of the inventory to support awesomatix drivers at the us indoor champs, so this is why some things are out of stock at the moment. Hanulec has done a great job keeping stuff in stock imo.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #7463
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 109 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to wstuart

Quote:
Imo the new style spool is better. Just keep a couple spare outdrives. Just like any other car with replaceable outdrives.

wstuart- awesomatix usa is generally very good about keeping things in stock. He sent a good chunk of the inventory to support awesomatix drivers at the us indoor champs, so this is why some things are out of stock at the moment. Hanulec has done a great job keeping stuff in stock imo.

Oh good,
Thanks for the quick reply
I think I got your email too. If you guys restock as fast as you reply to emails I should be able to keep bouncing my car off the boards
Team El Cajon Hobbies
wstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:01 AM   #7464
Tech Regular

Any idea of the factory fluid weight in the original dampers? (DL1/DR1)

I noticed last night during maintenance that this used car I bought had a blown one and I don't think they're supported any more. It was leaking fluid and the piston screw was spinning freely so the dampening was way lower than the right side. I managed to get it apart and tried 30k fluid but still feels light. I'm thinking it's around 50k? Or I rebuilt it wrong.

This used car in "good shape" is approaching the cost of a new kit very quickly.

Edit: I'll be at the Champs so no time to order new dampers, nor am I sure I want to drop the money on a full set.
nwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #7465
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwagner View Post
Any idea of the factory fluid weight in the original dampers? (DL1/DR1)

I noticed last night during maintenance that this used car I bought had a blown one and I don't think they're supported any more. It was leaking fluid and the piston screw was spinning freely so the dampening was way lower than the right side. I managed to get it apart and tried 30k fluid but still feels light. I'm thinking it's around 50k? Or I rebuilt it wrong.

This used car in "good shape" is approaching the cost of a new kit very quickly.

Edit: I'll be at the Champs so no time to order new dampers, nor am I sure I want to drop the money on a full set.
The dr6/dl6 dampers are 60k fluid, and i believe the original dampers were a little stiffer than that, 70k ot 80k maybe. A while back oleg had a "trade in program" to upgrade to new dampers at a reduced cost, I think at iic hanulec said he would still honor it

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #7466
Tech Regular

Quote:
The dr6/dl6 dampers are 60k fluid, and i believe the original dampers were a little stiffer than that, 70k ot 80k maybe. A while back oleg had a "trade in program" to upgrade to new dampers at a reduced cost, I think at iic hanulec said he would still honor it
Hmm, I'll ask Hanulec about the trade-in eventually. I've been blowing up his inbox lately so need to take a break or else he'll stop replying to me
nwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:19 AM   #7467
Tech Apprentice

Parts are in and inventory is updated. New SD2 now available, along with the AT04-2 and AM50 to update your car..

Last edited by AwesomatixUSA; 11-27-2014 at 06:31 AM. Reason: store updated!
AwesomatixUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #7468
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just curious. does the main shaft has a little bit of play when u move forward/backward? thanks!
bornox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #7469
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornox View Post
Just curious. does the main shaft has a little bit of play when u move forward/backward? thanks!
Yup, as long as it is captured by the spring in the front its fine.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #7470
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
Yup, as long as it is captured by the spring in the front its fine.
is there a spring in the front? mine doesnt have one.
bornox is offline   Reply With Quote