Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Excellent thanks Denis, thats where I will start and take it from there. Can't wait to get this car on the track. Time to say good bye to the 417 and hello Awesomatix

So from all the setups and talk is everyone now running the car longitudinal and not transverse.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just saw a few ets videos... Ivan is looking good. Too bad these corner dots are rolling everybody !!!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

At the first round of ETS two A700 cars are in the A-final of Pro Stock.

Tom Maquel won B-final of Pro Stock.

Ivan - the fastest lap of all Pro Stock qualifications (13.532).
Madsen Carsten - the fastest lap of all Pro Stock finales (13.570).
Old 11-01-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
At the first round of ETS two A700 cars are in the A-final of Pro Stock.

Tom Maquel won B-final of Pro Stock.

Ivan - the fastest lap of all Pro Stock qualifications (13.532).
Madsen Carsten - the fastest lap of all Pro Stock finales (13.570).
Hi Oleg,

Can you post the setups from ETS?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MDawson
Hi Oleg,

Can you post the setups from ETS?
http://awesomatix.com/download/
Old 11-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Thanks for posting up the setup sheets from ETS!! I've now read the manual enough times to build my kit (as soon as it arrives) from memory. I guess I'll go read and memorize the setup sheets now.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

On to page two of the manual.

AWESOMATIX has raised the bar for quality and fit. An amazingly cool kit to build.

[to self] Must pace yourself building//
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

On to page two of the manual.

AWESOMATIX has raised the bar for quality and fit. An amazingly cool kit to build.

[to self] Must pace yourself building//
Mark - Would it be too much to ask for a ton of pictures and a play by play of the build. J/K!! Enjoy the build!! Hope to check out the new ride at MRH soon.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John.C
Mark - Would it be too much to ask for a ton of pictures and a play by play of the build. J/K!! Enjoy the build!! Hope to check out the new ride at MRH soon.
Perhaps on the second car I can take better notes/build pics.

This car is phenomenal. The design on the gear diffs, dampners and axles is treat.

Build tip #1 - Take your time, lay everything out. Avoid caffeine
Build tip #2 - Know what you want to do for the motor layout and servos

Btw, I stared at the gear diff for about 10 min trying to figure out how it was held together....
Old 11-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

..I stared at the gear diff for about 10 min trying to figure out how it was held together....
Pic time dude.. now im really intersted..

when i first discovered this chassis i knew cool interesting how-does-its were coming...

feed my brain please...
Old 11-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Initiate

I agree the diff is unlike any ive seen no visible screws looks almost like a sealed unit. I just cant wait to race this car.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Pic time dude.. now im really intersted..

when i first discovered this chassis i knew cool interesting how-does-its were coming...

feed my brain please...
Here is the link if some of you guys missed it.
http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/o...25/Awesomatix/
Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John.C
Thanks for posting up the setup sheets from ETS!! I've now read the manual enough times to build my kit (as soon as it arrives) from memory. I guess I'll go read and memorize the setup sheets now.
You got one? Nice, imma have to drool over it when you get it to MRH....
Old 11-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello Guys,

so back from the ETS and first race done with the A700 there are not many word that I can say, other than the car was really brilliant ...

It change a little cause first of all I was not racing touringcars over the summer and second i got just 1 practise day befor the event.

biggest change to other cars for the driver is that the car is extremely direct in sterring so i raced a little more expo than usually, also that is the reason why you see on some setups that the driver is racing with +2 or even more toe in front !!!
So don't be scare when driving it the first time
cause when you get comfordable with it you will see that no other car is so precise in handling, it does exactly what you want and so it's very easy to drive constant laptimes.

On the other part the car react very strong to every little setup change so please try always 1 change and then test cause when you change 3 things you will get "lost in setup"

some tipps:
- Cutting the Topdeck (ass shown in manual) makes the car a lot easier to drive at the limit in all laps ! ( alot more forgiving)
- running anti-dive in front (look Ivan's setup) is always faster when you need a little more mid-corner speed (changed 0.2sec on best lap and work also on the tamiyas and x-ray's etc)
- remove the flex screws in the rear (look at the manual) easier to drive !

like everybody know in carpet racing you have to glue the edges in highrip conditions. with the A700 you don't need that when you can handle it !!!!
I tried it and it is faster (normal) but I rolled over 3 times in that qualy so I whent back to glued ones (2 sec. on an ETS will mean 20-30places in ranking so constant drive is indispensable).

Ivan and Madsen raced completely without glued edges (they are better drivers than I lol) and that's also why they set the fastet laptimes for the stock class. In the Finals they where both unlucky .. Ivan got hitted in every final (it's a hard racing class) and Madsen loved to roll over the dots but they are very nice and helpful so when you see them or me on a race .. just come over and say hello

another interesting point for some of you are the maintenance of the car...
i checked mine yesterday and I can say that after 4days of hard racing, everything is like new (driveshafts, gears etc) some pics attached.

so i think i stoled enough of your time ...
see you on the track
kind regards

Tom
p.s
thx Ivan for the great weekend
thx Oleg for the car and good/fast service
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-a700-spool.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-a700-gears.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-a700-gear1.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-a700-gear2.jpg  
Old 11-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tbone, I see you ran a little more expo steering, but did you also run a little more expo throttle and brake ? What about more steering speed (turn/return)? What about some throttle acceleration through the radio ? If you crank them up slightly , others will think you're cheating ...lol...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.