Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
AM10-2 is a stiffer version of AM10-1.
The stiffness was increased by removing the cutout and by the increased thickness.
Thanks Oleg!

How does this stiffness have an influence on the car's behaviour? Did you realize the original part had some weak points?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by G-rem
Thanks Oleg!
How does this stiffness have an influence on the car's behaviour? Did you realize the original part had some weak points?
It influences only on a chance of AM09 steering rod popping out at the race accidents. We want to reduce it.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:45 PM
Tech Initiate

I have problem with spur gear. Easy to break?
64p so break, 48p break too.
Everyone help me? Thanks
Old 09-24-2014, 03:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by linkinghobby
I have problem with spur gear. Easy to break?
64p so break, 48p break too.
Everyone help me? Thanks
The space between spur gear and pinion gear must be nearly zero :-)
Old 09-24-2014, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hi all - can someone tell me if the A700evo us spec comes with soft springs, floating servo mount and the updated new diff.
What other parts are required?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2014, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Last edited by Gtr r34 m-spec; 09-24-2014 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 09-24-2014, 04:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

I am looking to switch from Xray to Awesomatix.

Ive been on the Awesomatix site looking for information about the differences between their kits but couldn't find what i'm looking for.

Could somebody explain the differences?

I normally run 13.5 boosted or blinky and both tarmac and carpet.

Cheers Mike
Old 09-24-2014, 05:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gtr r34 m-spec
Hi all - can someone tell me if the A700evo us spec comes with soft springs, floating servo mount and the updated new diff.
What other parts are required?

Thanks
there is now NO difference between the A700 Evo and A700 Evo USA Spec (previous difference was the inclusion of am06s hubs within USA Spec)

soft springs (spr01s)- yes
floating servo mount (am24)- no
gd2- yes

the parts lists can be see here-
http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/downloads.html
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Z...it?usp=sharing

The differences from these parts list is the inclusion of FFG1.1 and a complete GD2 diff/gears/shims/etc.

Originally Posted by Mikkel_R
Hello,

I am looking to switch from Xray to Awesomatix.

Ive been on the Awesomatix site looking for information about the differences between their kits but couldn't find what i'm looking for.

Could somebody explain the differences?

I normally run 13.5 boosted or blinky and both tarmac and carpet.

Cheers Mike
http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/kits.html
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Z...it?usp=sharing
Old 09-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default A700 Evo

I just picked up a new Evo kit and was wondering if the carbon shaft for the FFG was/is replaced by the aluminum version in the USA kit.
Is there a difference in handling between the 2 materials? Awesomatix has a "soft" and regular carbon shaft listed vs. carbon only on the Awesomatix USA site.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2014, 01:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

At31 is the new default in all kits.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

its been a while since i joined the awesomatix team, but i would like to be more active in this forum from now
First of all: My name is Oliver Franke i am 21 years old and i come from germany (~90km westside from hannover). I joined the Awesomatix team last december and i am really happy with that

As you might have heard last weekend was held the ETS Pilot race (a test race, to maybe host an ETS reace next season, with high quality drivers)
We´ve been racing the same reglement as we do at the ETS Races (Ride tires, MuchMore 13.5T Motor, 5,0 Gear ratio) Only diffrence is that we could use any speedo with 0-Boost Blinky mode.

Here´s a short report:

Beside the ADAC GT 1000 we had our ETS Pilotrace at the very famous Nürburgring Boulevard. It was only a two day event so we arrived at the track Saturday morning. The first practice was to get used to the track. But already in P2 we had good traction and could start working on our set up. But our car worked really really well right from the beginning. So we only had to do small changes. After re-seating from the fastest 3 consecutive laps I was leading and we had Max in P4. So we were very confident to get the best possible result for the qualification which was also on Saturday.
In Q1 I was leading but unfortunately hit a curb onto the straight which meant traction roll. In Q2 the car worked really well and I TQ´d that one by over 2.5 sec lead. Also in Q3 our car worked perfect again which meant I could take the second TQ run and snatch up the first position in the ranking list.
Unluckily my spur gear broke in Q4. I made some tiny changes which seemed to be very good. But anyway after qualification I was TQ and the Team had a really good set up to get the best possible results for the finals.
Unfortunatly Max had some really really bad luck with traffic and losts a lot of time which costs him the A-Main
In A1 I pulled away and won by a comfortable lead.
It was much closer in A2. But without making any mistake it was nearly impossible to overtake on that track. So I won A1+A2 and also the race already at that point
Before A3 we had a closer look to our car and thought about what we could improve. And we found something to get the car more rolling and also still easier to drive. So i simply put 0.5mm under the hubs all around the car.
So I wanted to try it. And it was amazing fast. Great improvement!

All in all for me it was a really good weekend. Big thanks to the team for the great support! And we are perfectly prepared for the ETS in early December this year Looking forward to it!

I will attach the set up as soon as petitrc has uploaded it.

best regards
Oliver Franke
Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

http://www.awesomatixusa.com/2014/09...mup-races.html
Old 09-25-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
It influences only on a chance of AM09 steering rod popping out at the race accidents. We want to reduce it.
Hi oleg
Today i produce the first prototyp of the redesigned am09...
Next week i hope i can produce two more 1 for oli and 1 for max ... When the prototyps work very well... Oli or max can send you the prototyp and the CAD drawing

Nices wishes from
Germany

Dustin falk
Old 09-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone have a source for the Xenon 64P VSS spur gears in the 84T or 86T size? It is an odd size for the Spec-GT class at IIC Vegas to hit the 4.70 FDR limit.

Last edited by trackout; 09-25-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DustinFalk
Hi oleg
Today i produce the first prototyp of the redesigned am09...
Next week i hope i can produce two more 1 for oli and 1 for max ... When the prototyps work very well... Oli or max can send you the prototyp and the CAD drawing
Nices wishes from
Germany
Dustin falk
Dustin, thank you very much!
What material did you used for prototypes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.