R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #7156
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I have had the "same" car since 2012 and I still love my Awesomatix more than any touring car I have ever had. To go back to running something "regular" is just inconceivable for me. Before this weekend I hadn't raced since June, I put a setup on my car and it was nearly perfect and I was able to do very well.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:56 AM   #7157
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dark side of the moon
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monti View Post
You need to add washers underneath the body posts, about .200 to .300 worth.

Monti
Did that, a little concerned about how much material I had to ream out of the top bumper frame since the wider part of the body post is now half-way up the hole. Don't want to weaken the bumper significantly given my skills as a destructive testing specialist.
Attached Thumbnails
Awesomatix EP Touring Car-img_0283.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car-img_0284.jpg  
__________________
A700 17.5 Stock, USGT, CVTA, RCO Sportsman
WF D06 USVTA

Last edited by trackout; 09-22-2014 at 07:24 AM.
trackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #7158
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dark side of the moon
Posts: 131
Default USVTA Ballast

On a different note, tried setting up one of my chassis for USVTA racing, needed to add over 200g of weight which is really difficult on the CO1AL-S chassis since there isn't much space to stick ballast. Any chance of a tungsten and a steel version of the AM33-5? One which added 100g of additional weight for USVTA and a second that added 200g of additional weight for USVTA?
__________________
A700 17.5 Stock, USGT, CVTA, RCO Sportsman
WF D06 USVTA
trackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #7159
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,008
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
On a different note, tried setting up one of my chassis for USVTA racing, needed to add over 200g of weight which is really difficult on the CO1AL-S chassis since there isn't much space to stick ballast. Any chance of a tungsten and a steel version of the AM33-5? One which added 100g of additional weight for USVTA and a second that added 200g of additional weight for USVTA?
C01al-s in vta... Wow
I'd recommend a ton of weight under receiver/ESC and behind the battery.

I layed at least one layer of weight under all my electronics when running a700l at snowbirds.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #7160
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
On a different note, tried setting up one of my chassis for USVTA racing, needed to add over 200g of weight which is really difficult on the CO1AL-S chassis since there isn't much space to stick ballast. Any chance of a tungsten and a steel version of the AM33-5? One which added 100g of additional weight for USVTA and a second that added 200g of additional weight for USVTA?
The bronze version of AM33-5 gives plus 58g.
Hard temper stainless steel for C01AL-S chassis gives plus 120g...170g depending on the cutouts area.

How many sets should we produce?
Oleg Babich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #7161
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dark side of the moon
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
The bronze version of AM33-5 gives plus 58g.
Hard temper stainless steel for C01AL-S chassis gives plus 120g...170g depending on the cutouts area.

How many sets should we produce?
Hmmm, my thinking was the advantage of different versions of the AM33-5 for different classes with different weight limits (USGT, USVTA, CVTA) allowing quick change-outs. Although you'd have to change the chassis plate out the SS version would get you a much lower CG that putting the weight higher in the AM33-5. I'd certainly be willing to try a SS version of the chassis and the bronze brace so put me down for 2 each.
__________________
A700 17.5 Stock, USGT, CVTA, RCO Sportsman
WF D06 USVTA
trackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #7162
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
Hmmm, my thinking was the advantage of different versions of the AM33-5 for different classes with different weight limits (USGT, USVTA, CVTA) allowing quick change-outs. Although you'd have to change the chassis plate out the SS version would get you a much lower CG that putting the weight higher in the AM33-5. I'd certainly be willing to try a SS version of the chassis and the bronze brace so put me down for 2 each.
One more variant is the bronze plates with protrusions that correspond to the C01AL-S cutouts. Left and right plates are placed under battery and electronics and probably screwed to the AM33-5 with some gap to the chassis to provide the desirable chassis flex under such plates. It will give us also the "floating" mounting for battery and electronics.
Oleg Babich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #7163
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 1,279
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
Did that, a little concerned about how much material I had to ream out of the top bumper frame since the wider part of the body post is now half-way up the hole. Don't want to weaken the bumper significantly given my skills as a destructive testing specialist.
I think you are a little to high. I didn't add any spacers in the rear.

http://racepf.com/blog/2013/07/panzi...mmer-shootout/

This is a pic of my body and you can see there isn't much front lip left.

Hope this helps.

Monti
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:16 AM   #7164
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 95
Default

Hi Oleg,

I think we need updated Setup sheets with all the new options of am33-5,
am30-5, front drive shafts, wheel hubs and chassis plates an top decks, gears choice for diffs?

Claude
toroloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:55 AM   #7165
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dark side of the moon
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monti View Post
I think you are a little to high. I didn't add any spacers in the rear.

http://racepf.com/blog/2013/07/panzi...mmer-shootout/

This is a pic of my body and you can see there isn't much front lip left.

Hope this helps.

Monti
Yeah for USGT I could lower it some more, for our club races that would be considered a slammed body since to looks trimmed above the lines. I'll give it a test this weekend and see if I can get it lower without rubbing the carpet.
__________________
A700 17.5 Stock, USGT, CVTA, RCO Sportsman
WF D06 USVTA
trackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #7166
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know where you can get the 5.3mm ball cups? Awesomatix is out of them and I'm trying to get my car ready for vegas!
__________________
XRAY T4 15' MOD:X-RAY T4 15 17.5:T.O.P Rebel WGT:VBC LIGHTNING F1
5280 RACEWAY "Racing Elevated"
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 17-19th 2015 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
Losi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #7167
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,394
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losi22 View Post
Anyone know where you can get the 5.3mm ball cups? Awesomatix is out of them and I'm trying to get my car ready for vegas!
They are top ball ends, mayne try looking around for those
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #7168
Tech Addict
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys,

can you please tell me what's the difference between the newly released AM10-2 (updated steering plate) and the current AM10-1?

Thanks in advance,
G-rem
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #7169
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Hi guys,
can you please tell me what's the difference between the newly released AM10-2 (updated steering plate) and the current AM10-1?
Thanks in advance,
G-rem
AM10-2 is a stiffer version of AM10-1.
The stiffness was increased by removing the cutout and by the increased thickness.
Oleg Babich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:52 PM   #7170
Tech Elite
 
bhambrent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: B'ham, AL.
Posts: 2,026
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Want to congratulate Brad Johnson on his TC 17.5 win at the U.S VTA southern Nat's..And also Thank him for his help as well.
__________________
Half-A$$ Racing - Cooperhobbies.com - Hot Bodies D413 - OneLug Hobbies - Awesomatix - Thunder RC Raceway - SpeedKingz Racing "G SERIES"
bhambrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0