R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #6946
Tech Addict
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

If ever anyone is interested: Awesomatix A700 Evo + A700 + parts
G-rem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #6947
Tech Apprentice
 
ropezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milan, ITALY
Posts: 73
Default

First limited batch ready !



ropezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #6948
Tech Apprentice
 
ropezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milan, ITALY
Posts: 73
Default

New chassis with innovative features for 1/10 EP under development !

Last edited by ropezz; 08-19-2014 at 11:44 AM.
ropezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #6949
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,500
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropezz View Post
New chassis with innovative features for 1/10 EP under development !
this caster Tool is design for Hudy only?
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #6950
Tech Apprentice
 
ropezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milan, ITALY
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
this caster Tool is design for Hudy only?
It is ideal for Hudy set up tool.

Regarding other brands of set up tools, consider that Caster tool has 0,5 mm clearance with Hudy scale (see 1 picture for reference).

Also Caster tool sits aligned with Hudy set up tool, without adding shims for track width (see 2 picture for reference).



ropezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #6951
Tech Addict
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I am building my car with C01-AL-S and AM30-5 but I don't know which screw I have to put on AM30-5 to have a good flex starting set-up...

Do I have to screw all the holes on AM30-5, putting set screw (in this case, what king of?) or else? Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
G-rem
G-rem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #6952
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Anybody tried using this in the AMX?

http://www.liverc.com/news/new_produ...ss_motor_line/

Does it interfere with the chassis? It can only stick out the side at a right angle to the solder tabs. It replaces the center ring, so no motor scratching or sliding or other movement.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #6953
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,394
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
I am building my car with C01-AL-S and AM30-5 but I don't know which screw I have to put on AM30-5 to have a good flex starting set-up...

Do I have to screw all the holes on AM30-5, putting set screw (in this case, what king of?) or else? Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
G-rem
Are you running carpet or asphalt? Low or high grip?
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #6954
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,015
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
I am building my car with C01-AL-S and AM30-5 but I don't know which screw I have to put on AM30-5 to have a good flex starting set-up...

Do I have to screw all the holes on AM30-5, putting set screw (in this case, what king of?) or else? Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
G-rem
All screws but first and last.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #6955
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,926
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
I am building my car with C01-AL-S and AM30-5 but I don't know which screw I have to put on AM30-5 to have a good flex starting set-up...

Do I have to screw all the holes on AM30-5, putting set screw (in this case, what king of?) or else? Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
G-rem
Although I have not put my C01-AL-S on the track yet, but considering how flexy it is, yeah, what Hanulec said " All screws but first and last " Also, if you have the top deck try it too since it is easy to remove.

Note, be careful with the length of the screws that hold AM-49. The screws need to be very short. If they are too long the screws will run into AM30-5 and cause AM30-5 to bend away from the chassis or deform the chassis.

Jake
__________________
AWESOMATIX -- ORCA -- GRAVITY R/C -- SEATTLE R/C RACERS
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #6956
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,864
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Anybody tried using this in the AMX?

http://www.liverc.com/news/new_produ...ss_motor_line/

Does it interfere with the chassis? It can only stick out the side at a right angle to the solder tabs. It replaces the center ring, so no motor scratching or sliding or other movement.
It only fits the D4....and you are going to figure out you dont want to run those turds in TC!

Just kidding. The D4 just requires some different setup to get it to run Ive heard. I just havent figured it out because Ive spent more time on my car than my motor program so far!


EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 08-21-2014 at 11:51 AM.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #6957
Tech Addict
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
Are you running carpet or asphalt? Low or high grip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
All screws but first and last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
Although I have not put my C01-AL-S on the track yet, but considering how flexy it is, yeah, what Hanulec said " All screws but first and last " Also, if you have the top deck try it too since it is easy to remove.

Note, be careful with the length of the screws that hold AM-49. The screws need to be very short. If they are too long the screws will run into AM30-5 and cause AM30-5 to bend away from the chassis or deform the chassis.

Jake
Thanks for answering guys, appreciate!
Understood for AM49, nice tip

I'll try it first on a large low grip asphalt track with the C21 top deck, then I'll try it on carpet but I was told C01-AL would be better suited...I will see when I try.

G-rem
G-rem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #6958
Tech Master
 
kartermdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Anybody tried using this in the AMX?

http://www.liverc.com/news/new_produ...ss_motor_line/

Does it interfere with the chassis? It can only stick out the side at a right angle to the solder tabs. It replaces the center ring, so no motor scratching or sliding or other movement.
Stock chassis, doesn't hit, but I think it is a touch too close to the motor.



__________________
Mark Burt
Thanks to:
TRINITY - Revtech - Awesomatix USA - Side Piece Racing - Roche RC USA - Darkside Motorsports - Genesis R/C Raceway
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #6959
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartermdb View Post
Stock chassis, doesn't hit, but I think it is a touch too close to the motor.



Perfect, thanks!

You could shim it out a bit if it's too close maybe?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #6960
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,394
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Thanks for answering guys, appreciate!
Understood for AM49, nice tip

I'll try it first on a large low grip asphalt track with the C21 top deck, then I'll try it on carpet but I was told C01-AL would be better suited...I will see when I try.

G-rem
If it was me I would start with a softer setting(say half screws) for aspahlt and add screws if you feel the car is too stuck and lazy. For carpet I would do all but the first and last as hanulec suggested
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0