GD2 + Shepherd Gears
Just had a chance to build up 2 new GD2 with the Shepherd Gear set.
I was surprised how much fitting was needed to get a super smooth diff action.
Normally standard fare to smooth sand the backs of gears but this is what I needed to do to get the Shepherd to work well:
- Removed the shims behind the small gears
- Sand the backs of the small gears
- Sand the fronts/backs of the big gears
- Wire brush out the teeth of the big gears
- Fill and bleed with the shock pump
It wasnt so much the work needed - just that it needed that much fitting. Havent had similar issue with Xray or Awesomatix gear sets.
Difference in experience?