R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2014, 05:53 AM   #6676
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 35
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodesmo View Post
Is Leespeed Spur any good? Anyone have tried them with SD1 or SD2?
The spurs look cool and are one of the most symmetrical I have used but...only work with SD1 and for stock classes. They are a little thick so need to be shimmed out also. With the SD2 having to drill the 5mm hole for the rubber damper it weakens the spur considerably as they are cut out like Swiss cheese already and when running in modified I was destroying one every meet
You are probably better served with a different brand spur. Their pinions on the other hand are excellent.
Simon Noton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:25 AM   #6677
Tech Addict
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi all,

I noticed there are other updates for the FFG system with the release of AM43-1 and AM44-1. How are they different from AM43 and AM44?

Oleg, do you plan to do other updated parts for the FFG?

Thanks in advance,
G-rem
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #6678
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,006
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

ETS @ XRay's factory this weekend. Viljami won 13.5 last year.

http://ets.redrc.net/2013/06/chassis...jami-kutvonen/

Good luck to all of the runners there this weekend!
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #6679
Tech Addict
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Updated Raceberry chassis? Or new Awesomatix one
I suppose Freddy is using a central stiffner, I hope we will have more detailled pictures during the weekend



Speaking of updated parts, may I re-ask my questions ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
I noticed there are other updates for the FFG system with the release of AM43-1 and AM44-1. How are they different from AM43 and AM44?

Oleg, do you plan to do other updated parts for the FFG?
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #6680
Tech Champion
 
danjoy25's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,126
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

I have been running modified lately and stuffed up my gd1 diff. Crown gear loosen itselft and also internal plastic gears stripped. I still can't justify ordering gd2 diff so will try to fix my gd1 and also have another spare gd1. I remember before the spec-r internal carbon gears fits. Can anyone confirm this.
__________________
Top Racing Photon EX / Mugen MTX-5 / Tamiya M05 / 3 Racing FGX & F113 / Kyosho RB5

Western Zydney Racers (Mini-Z Racing in the west)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/658918-1-28-scale-sydney-racing.html
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #6681
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,006
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Updated Raceberry chassis? Or new Awesomatix one
I suppose Freddy is using a central stiffner, I hope we will have more detailled pictures during the weekend



Speaking of updated parts, may I re-ask my questions ;-)
that is the raceberry v2.1 chassis -- just become available.
i suspect Oleg might be at the race ... so you're questions will have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoy25 View Post
I have been running modified lately and stuffed up my gd1 diff. Crown gear loosen itselft and also internal plastic gears stripped. I still can't justify ordering gd2 diff so will try to fix my gd1 and also have another spare gd1. I remember before the spec-r internal carbon gears fits. Can anyone confirm this.
i'd recommend you invest in the g05st and g06st gears instead. the spec-r gears as supposed to fit, but as you see you'll need to work on the shimming of the large gear to not have it strip out.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #6682
Tech Addict
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Mike, will wait so
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #6683
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,006
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

i've been getting some questions about the proper way to build up the FCB. i've just cracked open my first one and started documenting the build via instagram photos. you don't need instagram to see the pics, you can browse to them--

http://instagram.com/sidepieceracing
http://instagram.com/p/qDBGkPGY65/?modal=true

__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life

Last edited by hanulec; 07-04-2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: added final pic
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #6684
Tech Addict
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Nice!
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #6685
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,891
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

GD2 + Shepherd Gears

Just had a chance to build up 2 new GD2 with the Shepherd Gear set.

I was surprised how much fitting was needed to get a super smooth diff action.

Normally standard fare to smooth sand the backs of gears but this is what I needed to do to get the Shepherd to work well:
  • Removed the shims behind the small gears
  • Sand the backs of the small gears
  • Sand the fronts/backs of the big gears
  • Wire brush out the teeth of the big gears
  • Fill and bleed with the shock pump
It wasnt so much the work needed - just that it needed that much fitting. Havent had similar issue with Xray or Awesomatix gear sets.


Difference in experience?
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #6686
Tech Master
 
EastCoasterVa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Posts: 1,109
Default

An Awesomatix driven by Jamison Reichard takes podium on it's first race in a pack of XRays. He placed third in a battle that came down to the last turn.

Watch it in HD on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFX_0lUmxcg

http://www.debbiesrcworld.com/

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
EastCoasterVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #6687
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,891
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa View Post
An Awesomatix driven by Jamison Reichard takes podium on it's first race in a pack of XRays. He placed third in a battle that came down to the last turn.

Watch it in HD on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFX_0lUmxcg

http://www.debbiesrcworld.com/

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Nice run Jamison. Debbies was one of my favorite tracks to visit while I was out there.
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #6688
Tech Addict
 
Cadman1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 548
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
Hi!
Another new proud A700L owner!
I am a little curious is screwing the ballstud from under AM18-1 can achieve the same link/roll center setting than AM19 without any shim? Probably not very practical or the ballcup may also hit something
I thought of that after ordering some AM19 to try an outdoor setup.
I know it was already talk about but just to be certain on the top deck screws setting a white dot mean something screwed without any ST09 and a red dot no screw or something with a ST09 under?
Thanks!
Alexandre
Anyone?
__________________
Awesomatix A700L
Tamiya Exotek F104v2
HPI Vorza HP 2.4ghz
1990s Futaba FXT stadium racer - Mint condition!
And a bunch of other RC kits for me and my kids...yeah...my kids...
Cadman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #6689
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,393
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
GD2 + Shepherd Gears

Just had a chance to build up 2 new GD2 with the Shepherd Gear set.

I was surprised how much fitting was needed to get a super smooth diff action.

Normally standard fare to smooth sand the backs of gears but this is what I needed to do to get the Shepherd to work well:
  • Removed the shims behind the small gears
  • Sand the backs of the small gears
  • Sand the fronts/backs of the big gears
  • Wire brush out the teeth of the big gears
  • Fill and bleed with the shock pump
It wasnt so much the work needed - just that it needed that much fitting. Havent had similar issue with Xray or Awesomatix gear sets.


Difference in experience?
All I had to do was not run the shims behind the large gears, no other work needed and they are plenty smooth
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #6690
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,891
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
All I had to do was not run the shims behind the large gears, no other work needed and they are plenty smooth



From the Shephard gear package - did you used the single big flat washer behind the big gear or the Xray part?

I used the washer from the Shephard package as it was washer for backing the ST31. The GD2 kit doesn't come with that washer.
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 Yesterday 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0