R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #6316
Tech Apprentice
 
cosmokitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
two setups posted now. Kyle's car from the Tamiya track, and Gee's from MRH.
http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html
No mention of which FFG rod was used for Kyle's mod setup?

Thanks!
cosmokitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #6317
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dark side of the moon
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomatixUSA View Post
latest stock order on the way in guys. just got tracking #s
Any raceberrys in that order
trackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #6318
Tech Regular
 
Gridworks Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
Any raceberrys in that order
I believe so. We ordered some
__________________
☆★☆The Holidays are here, Be Merry and stock up on the stuff you want☆★☆
☆★☆ Gridworks Racing ☆★☆ Your Source for G-Daub, Blitz Racing Bodies, DryFluid, Epic 1 Designs, Hobbywing, LRP, R1 Wurks, Solaris Tires, Sorex, Team Powers, Tuning Haus, VBC Racing and More!
Gridworks Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #6319
Tech Apprentice
 
AwesomatixUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotCanada View Post
Are there kits coming in on this order including USA Versions and EVOs?
I think you're confusing the USA Spec concept. Last year the USA Spec was to provide AM06S hubs instead of AM06. As of a month or two ago -- this has become the way Awesomatix ships all of their cars!

We are bringing a few A700L and a bunch of A700 Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmokitten View Post
No mention of which FFG rod was used for Kyle's mod setup?

Thanks!
The default Evo rod - c31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
Any raceberrys in that order
Different company -- different order. Should have tracking on that soon -- but the back order list on raceberry's is big already. the order has nearly sold out before it arrived!

Update - just did a final count, there are 3 more RB chassis 'available' for back order before any new requests having to be fulfilled by yet another manufacturing run.
__________________
Official North American Distributor of Awesomatix, Wild Turbo Fan & Mon-Tech Racing
shop.awesomatixusa.com / www.awesomatixusa.com
#winning - 6x ROAR Nationals, 2x Reedy Race, 2x Snowbirds, 1x IIC, 5x Halloween Classic, 4x US Indoor Champs, 2x Mile High Champs
AwesomatixUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:09 AM   #6320
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,010
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

I was really proud yesterday to see ever growing number of Awesomatix cars at my local track (Jackson RC) for our asphalt season opener. We put more 17.5 cars into the A-main then any other brand, without having the largest car count at the track. What a difference a year makes!

My Evo in 17.5 was pretty amazing yesterday. It had hot lap by 0.2-0.3s throughout the day. A change to a 'back cut' C21 top deck really freed up the car in the center of the corner allowing it to rotate hard. Once I learned how to drive the car -- it was clearly the way to go w/ laps being 0.05s quicker. Next week I want to try a braced top deck against the FFG mount. I'll post the full setup soon...

The rest of the racers all had A700L with various setups. I suspect with a bit more test/tune under their belts (or should i say shafts..) they will be right up there fighting for TQ.

In Modified Larry TQ'd against Haynes and myself with an ever improving car, but got caught out in the main by changing to too heavy of a front bar (1.4) that made his car evil on the curbs. There are still a ton of whole sale changes occurring on our mod cars to be confident to have a posted setup.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #6321
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montana
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I think posting a picture of the car along with the set-up sheet would help clear up some questions people might have. Noticed on the awesomatix Facebook page that they do this.

I have been looking at the RB chassis and reading the comments on it as well, is it that much better than the stock chassis on both carpet and asphalt? If so maybe Oleg could look at replacing the stock chassis with the RB in the new kits.

Patrick
XCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:19 AM   #6322
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 114
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

How does the Awsomatix A700 compare with the Xray T4?
Prince Nuada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:13 AM   #6323
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,010
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCELL View Post
I think posting a picture of the car along with the set-up sheet would help clear up some questions people might have. Noticed on the awesomatix Facebook page that they do this.

I have been looking at the RB chassis and reading the comments on it as well, is it that much better than the stock chassis on both carpet and asphalt? If so maybe Oleg could look at replacing the stock chassis with the RB in the new kits.

Patrick
picture + setup is a great idea

i don't think the RB is 'necessary' but more an interesting tuning option. in 17.5 TC i ran an "L" chassis. in mod TC, fairtrace had an "L" chassis, and I ran a RB.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #6324
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montana
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
picture + setup is a great idea

i don't think the RB is 'necessary' but more an interesting tuning option. in 17.5 TC i ran an "L" chassis. in mod TC, fairtrace had an "L" chassis, and I ran a RB.
Fair enough, I have no issues with the stock chassis, just wish it was a little cheaper.

Patrick
XCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #6325
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,010
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Nuada View Post
How does the Awsomatix A700 compare with the Xray T4?
both a great cars in terms of quality/durability/etc. the awesomatix is _very_ different than most touring cars -- so this can be intimidating at first.

i've seen you post the question is "xyz as good as abc" on other car threads. i'd really recommend you go do to your local track -- and ask the racers there. you'll see what the fast guys are running, and see how willing those drivers are to support new comers. finding someone who can help you with your car initially is probably the best thing to learn about. eventually you won't be asking which car is better --- you'll know based upon racing experiences.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #6326
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 84
Default

Just thought I would chime in here. I've had my EVO for about a month now, running mod. Just for kicks I put a 17.5 in it for yesterdays club race and wow is all I have to say. I've had a horrible time with stripped spur gears and FFG problems running mod, but in 17.5 this car shows its true colors. I wasn't running a super fast speed or anything, the car just allowed me to be so consistent that it made it a really stress free day (TQ, and lead the main start to finish for the win).

Now it's back to mod, and trying to find a way to make this car work there. I really am glad I bought this car. Owning this and my T4, I feel like I own the best of both worlds in RC.
__________________
Ricky Garner
Sponsors: My Wife and AVID RC
Mclarein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #6327
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,926
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclarein View Post
Just thought I would chime in here. I've had my EVO for about a month now, running mod. Just for kicks I put a 17.5 in it for yesterdays club race and wow is all I have to say. I've had a horrible time with stripped spur gears and FFG problems running mod, but in 17.5 this car shows its true colors. I wasn't running a super fast speed or anything, the car just allowed me to be so consistent that it made it a really stress free day (TQ, and lead the main start to finish for the win).

Now it's back to mod, and trying to find a way to make this car work there. I really am glad I bought this car. Owning this and my T4, I feel like I own the best of both worlds in RC.
At our club we have a fall thru winter long points series. In mod, Awesomatix took 1,2,3 ( in points ) for the entire 15 race series.

Running Kody's Nats winning Mod setup ( posted at Awesomatixusa.com ) is quite good on many carpet tracks.

If you run the Xray 96 gear, with a spur damper, and a *wide* good quality pinion, your spur issues should be minimal. Also, letting off when you are about to hit something hard helps a lot ! LOL

Jake D.
__________________
AWESOMATIX -- ORCA -- GRAVITY R/C -- SEATTLE R/C RACERS
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #6328
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,048
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

48 pitch
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #6329
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
At our club we have a fall thru winter long points series. In mod, Awesomatix took 1,2,3 ( in points ) for the entire 15 race series.

Running Kody's Nats winning Mod setup ( posted at Awesomatixusa.com ) is quite good on many carpet tracks.

If you run the Xray 96 gear, with a spur damper, and a *wide* good quality pinion, your spur issues should be minimal. Also, letting off when you are about to hit something hard helps a lot ! LOL

Jake D.
I've tried the xray, they were the same as the rest. I tried the kimbro and they were better. My biggest problem is when the buzzer goes off. I've stripped two that way. I will try 48 pitch if it will help. Also, I agree that Kody's setup is good. Thats what I've been running in mod with a couple of small changes.
__________________
Ricky Garner
Sponsors: My Wife and AVID RC
Mclarein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #6330
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,010
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Some gears are too hard. The Kimbrough are soft. My xenon have lasted for an entire season. I really like the RW 64p gears vs xray...
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0