R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #6196

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkiy View Post
Odd ... I've run several different motors (D3.5, D3, Kill Shot, Viper, Shur Speed and Reedy) and have never had a problem with the motor cutout. Maybe the graphite plate shifted in the NC tool? I know the raw material shifting in NC tools is problem where I work.
The only motors I've heard of not fitting are the Trinity Duo 2 and The Tekin G2 cans.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #6197
Tech Adept

Hi all,
I have done many back to back tests between the A700L and the Evo (i have both). With exactly the same setup on rollcenters, damping etc. the Evo is harder to drive than the L, is edgy to drive and slides more.
The FFG works free, so there is no mechanical problem.
Does anybody here know what changes are to be made when switching from the L to the Evo?

I have a similar question about changing the setup when switching from tires with a bigger diameter (e.g Ride 32) to some with a smaller diameter (Ride REX34). What changes do you make in this case? Highering the Rollcenter because of the smaller diameter which also changes the angle of the lower arms maybe? I tried this and it didn't really convice me.

Cheers
Old 04-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #6198
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesoman View Post
Hi all,
I have done many back to back tests between the A700L and the Evo (i have both). With exactly the same setup on rollcenters, damping etc. the Evo is harder to drive than the L, is edgy to drive and slides more.
The FFG works free, so there is no mechanical problem.
Does anybody here know what changes are to be made when switching from the L to the Evo?

I have a similar question about changing the setup when switching from tires with a bigger diameter (e.g Ride 32) to some with a smaller diameter (Ride REX34). What changes do you make in this case? Highering the Rollcenter because of the smaller diameter which also changes the angle of the lower arms maybe? I tried this and it didn't really convice me.

Cheers
I added a top deck and my EVO became a lot more consistent. That was with a similar setup on L and the Evo.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #6199
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclarein View Post
So I've had my car for a week and I've noticed that the rear of the chassis drags the carpet pretty consistently on mine. I'm running Kody's setup from '14 carpet nats with a 5.5 ride height and the rub is pretty consistently showing from the motor back, the width of the chassis. Is that normal?
Rubbing is normal. Maybe not just in the back section like yours though. Although mine is in the front and fans out then drops to none back by the motor. What tires are you using?

Kody
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #6200
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody View Post
Rubbing is normal. Maybe not just in the back section like yours though. Although mine is in the front and fans out then drops to none back by the motor. What tires are you using?

Kody
sweep 28's on carpet. I get major rub on the sweeper side by the front wheel that thins out to the motor. but from the motor back the whole rear is black filthy mess.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #6201
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
The FFG is the main difference, both are fast, many have reported even in 17.5 they could put power down better with the FFG setup. (And it seems most of the lastet fast guy setups are all FFG based).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
I believe at MHIC and at Nat's this year all the fast guys running A700's were running the L chassis. Including 1st and 2nd place in the national championship. Seems they are reserving the Evo for the higher power classes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
And at Snowbirds Larry ran an Evo car.

Both work -- but have different fine tunings we are all learning about right now...
Thanks for the answer but it doesn't help me to make a choice
Maybe i should go with the L chassis and buy an upgrade to convert to a EVO when i will feel the need ?
And what spare part do you recomend ?
mymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #6202
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymax View Post
Maybe i should go with the L chassis and buy an upgrade to convert to a EVO when i will feel the need ?
Going with the L and upgrading to the ffg later is probably the simpler way. As far as spares go, check out the racerlog wiki page for the awesomatix and there is some recommendations for spares to have.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #6203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclarein View Post
sweep 28's on carpet. I get major rub on the sweeper side by the front wheel that thins out to the motor. but from the motor back the whole rear is black filthy mess.
Make sure you haven't broke 1 or both of the SPR02 (shock rod guide). Otherwise your way to soft on the rear spring or your ride height is way to low. Ride height should be set around 5.5mm to accommodate the weight of your body. Also make sure the screw in the back of the dampener is tight. I like to loosen and re-tighten everyone once in a while just in case.
5280raceway.com [Operated by - Colorado On-Road RC Club]
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #6204
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymax View Post
If your running 17.5 i would recommend the L and upgrade to the FFG when moving to Mod and possibly 13.5.
5280raceway.com [Operated by - Colorado On-Road RC Club]
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:46 PM   #6205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

IMO there is no other choice than the EVO. For me it was a night and day difference over the L.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #6206
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Salesman all the way baby....lol....ahahah...... Once you put a 2.5t boosted in there, it does not matter whether it's EVO or not....ahahah...... Ignore me later...lol....
Why is Mark Burt ahead of Hanulec ??? Is it because he runs the EVO2 ???....Maybe the EVO3....ahahah.... Just sayin guys, don't catch a heart attack reading this please.... You guys know I'll be beating Perez and Hanulec with my tc4 at Critters next year too.... So please run what you have, and Work on your driving skills first....... Peace in Ukraine...lol.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
IMO there is no other choice than the EVO. For me it was a night and day difference over the L.
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #6207
Tech Master

[QUOTE=L.Fairtrace;13203943]IMO there is no other choice than the EVO. For me it was a night and day difference over the L.[/QU

What hop ups if any r u running on your car?
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:28 AM   #6208
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
Make sure you haven't broke 1 or both of the SPR02 (shock rod guide). Otherwise your way to soft on the rear spring or your ride height is way to low. Ride height should be set around 5.5mm to accommodate the weight of your body. Also make sure the screw in the back of the dampener is tight. I like to loosen and re-tighten everyone once in a while just in case.
I think you've hit the nail on the head with this. That combined with the fact that I'm pretty sure mine just needs to be torn down and reassembled by the book.

I'll take a look at it when I get back to the track. I'm waiting on some other parts to come in anyway.

Thanks Brent
Old 04-22-2014, 02:01 AM   #6209
Tech Apprentice

STILL NO SETUP'S FROM THE PREWORLDS POSTED....
toroloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:55 AM   #6210
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroloco View Post
STILL NO SETUP'S FROM THE PREWORLDS POSTED....
Setup and some info from Freddy:
" ....I tested L chassis, alloy chassis and raceberry hard chassis.
All three chassis had simliar laptimes but I felt most confident with the raceberry chassis. Second choice would be the alloy and third L.
As I ran out of time I concentrated on the Raceberry and changed the setup a lot. Best noticeable change was to go with thicker anti roll bars. I use now 1.4 in front and 1.3 in rear. This made the car more consistent...."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Freddyworldswarmup.pdf (372.1 KB, 197 views)
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote