R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #5281
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So is it recommended to upgrade the ball studs and ball cups, if so which ones to get.
bozzplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #5282
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to !Mad Max! Send a message via Skype™ to !Mad Max!

You don't need to buy Xray or TOP ball studs and ball cups !
We have also ball studs which you can use. Part Nr: A700-ST24
Then you can use the std. ball cups (or the new hard ones Part Nr: A700-P13H) and drill holes in it....

Sponsored by: Awesomatix / LRP / LEESPEED / PROTOform / Wild Turbo Fan / MMP / APaint / MPE Stickers
!Mad Max! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #5283
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What we should have is 'factory-made AWESOMATIX' open ended ball cups. Other mfg.'s pieces have been used for 2 iterations of the car now. Time for our own, without having to drill anything.

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:20 PM   #5284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
And the height of the top ball is very close to the Awesomatix at21 ball. Within a 1/10 of mm.
Could someone post a link to those Top parts? Thanks!
Old 01-15-2014, 04:36 PM   #5285
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
What we should have is 'factory-made AWESOMATIX' open ended ball cups. Other mfg.'s pieces have been used for 2 iterations of the car now. Time for our own, without having to drill anything.
I agree with you JeeBee, with the high cost of this vehicle they should have been making new ball cups. Guys are dropping big money on this car and I don't want to have to mod parts or use other manufactures parts on my car.

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #5286
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Could someone post a link to those Top parts? Thanks!
http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/upgrade-ball-ends.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
I agree with you JeeBee, with the high cost of this vehicle they should have been making new ball cups. Guys are dropping big money on this car and I don't want to have to mod parts or use other manufactures parts on my car.
The open ended ball ends are all about personal preference. There is ZERO performance difference.

People are buying the car not for "optimized" ball ends, but either full on innovation or (my choice) on track performance.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #5287
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post

Since the ball that is used on the car are not the type that require an open cup to remove, I am not sure why they would need to make them. I have been using the stock ones without any problems. The change to a different ball and cup is only done by those that want to, not out of necessity, so its kind of odd to relate that to the cost of the car.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #5288
Tech Champion

I cannot say how excited I am to be building my new car tonight (and tomorrow .. and Friday..). Hopefully during the weekend and/or at Snowbirds we can make some build videos to highlight the finer details of the car -- and its assembly.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
Old 01-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #5289
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I cannot say how excited I am to be building my new car tonight (and tomorrow .. and Friday..). Hopefully during the weekend and/or at Snowbirds we can make some build videos to highlight the finer details of the car -- and its assembly.
+1 Great idea on vids! Ive actually been looking for some.
R1 Wurks Motors, Batts & Fans! | Tekin RS Gen2 | R1 Wurks Servos | Reflex Racing RSD Upgrades
Michael@USPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #5290
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@USPN View Post
+1 Great idea on vids! Ive actually been looking for some.
a good buddy recommend we do so.
hopefully they aren't too scary.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #5291
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/upgrade-ball-ends.html

The open ended ball ends are all about personal preference. There is ZERO performance difference.

People are buying the car not for "optimized" ball ends, but either full on innovation or (my choice) on track performance.
Really? I guess I don't agree at all! Open ended ball ends absolutely enhance performance over the long run... If you are constantly taking off the ball cup to adjust spacers, it weakens and in my opinion is much more likely to pop off if you hit a board... Then your done for the race... If having to pull off the track because your ball cup popped off doesn't affect performance, I don't know what does...
gocoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #5292
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocoogs View Post
Really? I guess I don't agree at all! Open ended ball ends absolutely enhance performance over the long run... If you are constantly taking off the ball cup to adjust spacers, it weakens and in my opinion is much more likely to pop off if you hit a board... Then your done for the race... If having to pull off the track because your ball cup popped off doesn't affect performance, I don't know what does...
meh..... there's a better solution. I think you know what that is.
HawaiiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #5293
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocoogs View Post
+1.

I swapped over the balls and cups on my A700 pretty soon after getting it, not because I had a wad of money burning a hole in my pocket, not because I need to do a speedy pit stop but because DNF's due to parts failure really p1$$ me off.

Bb
bucketboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #5294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

build number 1 in progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Awesomatix EP Touring Car-ffg.jpg  

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #5295
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
+1.

I swapped over the balls and cups on my A700 pretty soon after getting it, not because I had a wad of money burning a hole in my pocket, not because I need to do a speedy pit stop but because DNF's due to parts failure really p1$$ me off.

Bb
i ran the car with standard ball cups and didnt have issues. I went to the top stuff because i ran those cars for years and had lots of stay laying around. Funny thing is the A700 is the more durable car i've owned. I cant say i've broken anything on the car. Have i blown off a ball cup or stripped a spur sure.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote