R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #4996
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Torque steer

I think 90% of the time racers confuse torque steer with tweak or in equal settings. Tweak can cause a car to pull to one side as can unequal droop settings. You can tweak a car and it will show flat on a balance beam but if up travel is different the car transfers weight unequal to the rear and can cause it to pull also.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #4997
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Bert, that is because you are crashing every 5 seconds.

Thanks everyone else! Can't wait to get this car.
ROFL
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #4998
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Smile

Neat.
jin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #4999
Tech Adept
 
Quantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 122
Default

I've just published an article looking at the A700L and comparing it to a conventional belt driven car such as the TRF417 or Xray T4. It points out the differences and I go through how to change the settings compared to a conventional TC.

I hope this article will help smooth the transition when moving to an Awesomatix chassis.

Please check it out and I hope you like it =] http://www.thercracer.com/2013/12/ge...tix-a700l.html
__________________
Vince Coleman
Quantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #5000
Tech Elite
 
oeoeo327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,343
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantra View Post
I've just published an article looking at the A700L and comparing it to a conventional belt driven car such as the TRF417 or Xray T4. It points out the differences and I go through how to change the settings compared to a conventional TC.

I hope this article will help smooth the transition when moving to an Awesomatix chassis.

Please check it out and I hope you like it =] http://www.thercracer.com/2013/12/ge...tix-a700l.html
Pretty informative article for someone thinking about giving one of these cars a try. I took the plunge and picked up a 700EXL to set up for 17.5 stock racing, and have a favorable impression of the car after 1 evening of testing and tuning. Granted, I have a lot to learn since the car builds, tunes, and drives far different than my Xray T4 and T4 '14 - but after one testing session I feel the learning curve I'm facing will be worth the effort...
__________________
Founding member of the Solid Gold Racing Team - Mediocrity, redefined...
✯Jackson RC✯Horsham RC✯SJCCR✯
oeoeo327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #5001
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,803
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Just wanted to post that my 'ole skool' A700 was phenomenal this weekend @ our 2nd Annual Can-Am Challenge. It was faster and a ton better than the 2nd place finish @ our 2013 TZGP about a month ago.
I wanted to try something different and run the HPI 'D' compound SLICKS. Kinda frowned upon up here cause they seem to be only a asphalt tyre (they do seem harder for some reason but I wanted to prove critics wrong). I felt they worked fairly well and qualified 4th with them amongst some of our most talented drivers. For the Main though something told me to go back to the VTA treads and I'm glad I did. With a slight change in gearing and in the front suspension, the car felt the best it has all season. Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/Nl7qbZ_Be7c
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #5002
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Just wanted to post that my 'ole skool' A700 was phenomenal this weekend @ our 2nd Annual Can-Am Challenge. It was faster and a ton better than the 2nd place finish @ our 2013 TZGP about a month ago.
I wanted to try something different and run the HPI 'D' compound SLICKS. Kinda frowned upon up here cause they seem to be only a asphalt tyre (they do seem harder for some reason but I wanted to prove critics wrong). I felt they worked fairly well and qualified 4th with them amongst some of our most talented drivers. For the Main though something told me to go back to the VTA treads and I'm glad I did. With a slight change in gearing and in the front suspension, the car felt the best it has all season. Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/Nl7qbZ_Be7c
Congratulations, JayBee !
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:55 AM   #5003
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,872
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantra View Post
I've just published an article looking at the A700L and comparing it to a conventional belt driven car such as the TRF417 or Xray T4. It points out the differences and I go through how to change the settings compared to a conventional TC.

I hope this article will help smooth the transition when moving to an Awesomatix chassis.

Please check it out and I hope you like it =] http://www.thercracer.com/2013/12/ge...tix-a700l.html
Very nice write up. Always thought about getting one but thought was to complicated for me as I'm terrible with setups.
__________________
Jermaine Mitchell
I laugh at serious racers acting like B****
Free Agent racing team. No sponsors needed.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #5004
Tech Elite
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
Very nice write up. Always thought about getting one but thought was to complicated for me as I'm terrible with setups.
If you continue to come to Horsham you'll have no issues with undestanding the car. Lot's of support there.
__________________
Jerry P
Awesomatixusa - Side Piece Racing - LRP - Sweep Racing Tires - Mike L Designs - TQ Wires - Crispy Critters Raceway

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #5005
Tech Elite
 
oeoeo327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,343
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
If you continue to come to Horsham you'll have no issues with undestanding the car. Lot's of support there.
This is true - I learned quite a bit in just one evening of testing @ Horsham. I definitely look forward to the next opportunity I get to work with the car. Thanks to the Awesomatix drivers @ Horsham for all of their setup advice, and to Mike Hanulec for the parts support.
__________________
Founding member of the Solid Gold Racing Team - Mediocrity, redefined...
✯Jackson RC✯Horsham RC✯SJCCR✯
oeoeo327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #5006
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,872
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
If you continue to come to Horsham you'll have no issues with undestanding the car. Lot's of support there.
Yeah Jerry I realize a lot of Awesomatix there.
__________________
Jermaine Mitchell
I laugh at serious racers acting like B****
Free Agent racing team. No sponsors needed.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #5007
Tech Adept
 
Quantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 122
Default

I'm glad the article is of use, there definitely is a learning curve when moving to Awesomatix but it's fun and very rewarding.

Congratulations to the winners from this weekend =]
__________________
Vince Coleman
Quantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #5008
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

"Awesomatix took the Mod TQ & Win, Scale Spec Win, Stock TC TQ and 2nd , 3rd, and 4th places at the 2nd Annual "CAN AM Challenge Race " pulling in a devoted group of racers from Canada and the greater Northwest , and hosted by Seattle RC Racers / Hangar 30.
120 + entries in a one day event."

Congratulations for our drivers!

Full report, video, results are here: https://www.facebook.com/awesomatixRC
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #5009
Tech Elite
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,289
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
If you continue to come to Horsham you'll have no issues with undestanding the car. Lot's of support there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
This is true - I learned quite a bit in just one evening of testing @ Horsham. I definitely look forward to the next opportunity I get to work with the car. Thanks to the Awesomatix drivers @ Horsham for all of their setup advice, and to Mike Hanulec for the parts support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
Yeah Jerry I realize a lot of Awesomatix there.
Don't do it JpennyM!!!!!1! Don't get pulled to the darkside! J/K

In all honesty, I drove Bea's car after he was given a few tips from the Horsham crew and I was .3sec faster with the Awesomatix than I was with my car. And, Awesomatix USA is only 10min from your house...lol (no house calls tho)

Wish I had the loot in my "luxury/hobby fund", I would've picked one up for Christmas.
__________________
Awesomatix USA||Roche RC USA||Sanwa
san. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #5010
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,872
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Dude stop trolling me, I told you I don't do the bro-mance thing.
Buy Bert's he don't use it or do he really have one?
__________________
Jermaine Mitchell
I laugh at serious racers acting like B****
Free Agent racing team. No sponsors needed.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10911 11-28-2016 07:09 AM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0