R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #4876
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 98
Default

Not sure really. Only run 17.5 on height grip carpet. Not sure I need that kit. But open to it. Would love to get a few hundred dollars in spare parts too.
Huskerfan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #4877
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,638
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You can never be too ready for the competition....lol.... Good luck...
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #4878
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,005
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerfan1212 View Post
Hopefully to order a kit next week. Are all the kits back order?
Awesomatix USA will the the A700 USA Spec in stock shortly -- they are in the air..

A700 Evo will be available mid December. Various distributors will handle new kit demand differently. It should be a hot ticket for December / January.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #4879
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,005
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

The 17.5T Touring Car Class at the Cleveland US Indoor Champs, sponsored by Awesomatix USA, is the largest touring car class this weekend at this mid-west classic race. Brian Wynn -- currently is 2nd overall after the first round with his A700L USA Spec.

After watching Brian's video - he is the pink car - i'm shocked he put that good of a run in. hopefully an eventually resort will allow for a cleaner run...
http://live.liverc.com/21-Cleveland_...Championships/
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #4880
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
I'm actually curios as to why FFG doesn't transfer any torque to the back of the chassis through the tube? Note: it's highly likely I'm not seeing the whole picture, while looking at the pictures. :-)
I have to clarify:
there is not transfer of the torque from the rear gearbox to the front end of the chassis hence there is not any additional parasitic torsion flex of the chassis between the rear gearbox and the front gearbox caused by the torque from the main shaft.

In addition to this we got with FFG a completely new chassis's flex system.

With FFG and without the conventional flat top deck installed:

1. We have the possibility to switch "off" or "on" the additional longitudinal flex (bending) for the rear and the front chassis's ends independently.

2. We eliminate the transfer of the chassis's longitudinal flex (bending) from the front suspension to the rear suspension area and vice versa.

All current cars with the conventional top decks have this parasitic ( according to my opinion) transfer of the longitudinal flex.
You can easily see it - just press the center area of your car by hand to the car stand and simultaneously try to lift the front end of the car. You will see that the top deck transfers the bending of the front end of chassis to the rear and the chassis's rear end bends down. I think that this is not good as it makes the front and rear suspensions "a bit not independant".

3. A twisted chassis problem goes away. No top deck = no twisted chassis.

4. We can use very thin chassis now in case of track conditions will require.
The stiff top rod of FFG combined with the central brace support prevents the excessive bending of such chassis.

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 11-30-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:53 AM   #4881
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Old A700 parts wanted

If anyone has a set of old style bulkheads and possibly a clean original uncut chassis hanging around after upgrading and don't want them please PM me
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #4882
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,005
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Round two update from Cleveland -- Top Qualifier is Wynn, Brian 44/6:00.991 (Rnd 2)

Brian is running Karl Hoffmeister's TQ + Win setup from the Halloween Classic
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #4883
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 321
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default old A700 parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
If anyone has a set of old style bulkheads and possibly a clean original uncut chassis hanging around after upgrading and don't want them please PM me
Do a Search in the sale thread there is a guy in my area that has that stuff for sale
Donny Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #4884
Tech Adept
 
samshirley00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wiltshire, England
Posts: 158
Default

Are there many places to get one of these cars in the UK, or do i have to order everything from europe?
__________________
M chassis racer extraordinaire!
samshirley00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #4885
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 776
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
I have to clarify:
there is not transfer of the torque from the rear gearbox to the front end of the chassis hence there is not any additional parasitic torsion flex of the chassis between the rear gearbox and the front gearbox caused by the torque from the main shaft.

In addition to this we got with FFG a completely new chassis's flex system.

With FFG and without the conventional flat top deck installed:

1. We have the possibility to switch "off" or "on" the additional longitudinal flex (bending) for the rear and the front chassis's ends independently.

2. We eliminate the transfer of the chassis's longitudinal flex (bending) from the front suspension to the rear suspension area and vice versa.

All current cars with the conventional top decks have this parasitic ( according to my opinion) transfer of the longitudinal flex.
You can easily see it - just press the center area of your car by hand to the car stand and simultaneously try to lift the front end of the car. You will see that the top deck transfers the bending of the front end of chassis to the rear and the chassis's rear end bends down. I think that this is not good as it makes the front and rear suspensions "a bit not independant".

3. A twisted chassis problem goes away. No top deck = no twisted chassis.

4. We can use very thin chassis now in case of track conditions will require.
The stiff top rod of FFG combined with the central brace support prevents the excessive bending of such chassis.

Thank you for the explanation. I understood some of that. :-)
__________________
RCAmerica ; Team Powers USA ; Reflex Racing ; RC≥ RC Crew Chief ; Bezerk RC
erchn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #4886
Tech Regular
 
part-time racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Faster than a speeding bullet
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samshirley00 View Post
Are there many places to get one of these cars in the UK, or do i have to order everything from europe?
Yes Sam, we have an agent here in the UK, pm me if your interested in prices and I'll put you in touch with the correct channels!
__________________
Richard Clarke
EWS Event Organizer

CPD Racing ___MuchMore-UK___Awesomatix UK___OTM Racing
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #4887
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,005
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Brian Wynn has TQ'd the 17.5T Touring Car Class, Sponsored by Awesomatix USA, at the 2013 US Indoor Champs! Best of luck to Brian tomorrow...

Top 5-
1) Brian Wynn 45/6:04.392 (R3)
2) Sam Isaacs 45/6:05.120 (R4)
3) Dave Johnson 45/6:07.288 (R4)
4) Mike Herald Jr. 45/6:07.579 (R4)
5) Danny Jenkins 45/6:07.992 (R4
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #4888
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,638
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Good running Brian !!!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #4889
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Good luck, Brian!!!
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #4890
Tech Adept
 
blackshark3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 132
Default

All the hooplas on the FFG system makes me wonder whether the transverse motor mounting system is dead ended...
blackshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 Yesterday 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:17 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0