R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #4846
Tech Master
 
Autocratic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

What all will the Evo kit include over the current kit options?
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors for 2015!
XFactory RC | Proline Racing | Fantom Racing | Avid RC | Speed Passion USA | Factory1 | Hy-Traction Juice | Mike's Hobby Shop
Autocratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #4847
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,005
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/a700-evo.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
What all will the Evo kit include over the current kit options?
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #4848
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,005
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Will this FFG kit be of any benefit in stock? I will probably buy another car for mod soon, but I can see how this could help in mod a lot.
The faster you go -- the better.

The FFG at the Halloween Classic allowed my car to be under better control at the 2nd corner (first left). It was more stable in the tight fast left. I wish I had this part outdoors running mod on asphalt.

At the end of the day -- you need to tune your car. There are still so many settings we havent tried.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #4849
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I just noticed the center brace that is attached to the new carbon tube. Wondering if not using this would make the car flex to much for indoor carpet? I ask because in both USGT and USVTA indoors is what I run the most and I need to add a lot of weight to the car. I am currently running carbon shafts that allow me to take out that 2 bearing brace for the shaft in the current version, so I can easily add all the weight I need right down the middle. I like the idea of the floating front, but just wondering if the people using it now have tried running the car without that center brace.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #4850
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
The faster you go -- the better.
OMG 17.5 on these carpet tracks seems fast enough! I am still trying to get used to that speed. I guess the floating box might not do much for me then in the slower classes anyways.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #4851
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
OMG 17.5 on these carpet tracks seems fast enough! I am still trying to get used to that speed. I guess the floating box might not do much for me then in the slower classes anyways.
It be perfect for asphault racing ..
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #4852
Tech Elite
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,732
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default A700

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9061444&type=1
__________________
/ Roche Rapida 2015-2016 / Hobbywing / Team Scream / Rc Painting By Mikey / Ko Propo / MMR / Dri-Fit Mafia /
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #4853
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,005
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
I just noticed the center brace that is attached to the new carbon tube. Wondering if not using this would make the car flex to much for indoor carpet? I ask because in both USGT and USVTA indoors is what I run the most and I need to add a lot of weight to the car. I am currently running carbon shafts that allow me to take out that 2 bearing brace for the shaft in the current version, so I can easily add all the weight I need right down the middle. I like the idea of the floating front, but just wondering if the people using it now have tried running the car without that center brace.
That brace from the chassis helps keep the FFG from moving too much --- and allows the front to rear flex to be adjusted when not running a top deck.

The drive shaft bearing holder extends down from the FFG shaft.

look at the facebook page to see more pics..
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #4854
Tech Apprentice
 
ropezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milan, ITALY
Posts: 73
Default

Instead of FFG i wonder how an elastic joint on center shaft woul have performed !?
ropezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #4855
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lynnwood, Washington
Posts: 760
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Probably too much resistance with an elastomeric joint. You will be surprised how easily the floating bulkhead moves. Barely twisting the chassis causes the bulkhead to move.
malkiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #4856
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropezz View Post
Instead of FFG i wonder how an elastic joint on center shaft woul have performed !?
We have an analog of such elastic joint already - SD1 spur damper.

But any elastic joint doesn't remove the transfer of the torque from transmission to the chassis.
It only dampens the torque oscillations but doesn't affect on the average torque transfer.
FFG removes the transfer of the torque to the chassis completely (actually zero transfer).
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #4857
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 776
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
We have an analog of such elastic joint already - SD1 spur damper.

But any elastic joint doesn't remove the transfer of the torque from transmission to the chassis.
It only dampens the torque oscillations but doesn't affect on the average torque transfer.
FFG removes the transfer of the torque to the chassis completely (actually zero transfer).
I'm actually curios as to why FFG doesn't transfer any torque to the back of the chassis through the tube? Note: it's highly likely I'm not seeing the whole picture, while looking at the pictures. :-)
__________________
RCAmerica ; Team Powers USA ; Reflex Racing ; RC≥ RC Crew Chief ; Bezerk RC
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #4858
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,638
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I guess the tube rotates at the center brace and at the rear connection point, or it can just spin at the front connection....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #4859
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
I'm actually curios as to why FFG doesn't transfer any torque to the back of the chassis through the tube? Note: it's highly likely I'm not seeing the whole picture, while looking at the pictures. :-)
Yea its a tricky one to think about, I dunno, maybe because the gearboxes are rigidly connected to each other via carbon tube allows torque cancellation via the tube rather than using the chassis? Its pretty clever!
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #4860
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,638
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

It is an evolution of the top deck design for sure... Does it come as an upgrade kit ??? If so, how much will it cost ???
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 Today 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0