R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #4816
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oleg, I tried to Pm you but no luck... Anyway, I am trying to send you some funds $185 for my order(10001386)... Let me know where to send it via western union ASAP... thanks....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #4817
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got the info... Thanks Oleg...
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #4818
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
Please check the length of your cross pin.
It should be short enough ( ~10,4 x 2 = ~20,8mm) for free movement in the slots after screwing of the diff's cases. This is very important!
All our test diffs are smooth without any sanding of the original gears ( ~ 4.35mm thickness). Our big washers are 0,3mm and small washers are 0,2mm in thickness.
Thanks Oleg for your advice I did not cut the cross enough the first time I assembled the diff and it was very tight. I cut it down further and it was almost perfect. Free but one notch. After some time I found there was a high point in the mesh. The xray gears are not perfectly concentric. The tolerance is actually quite disappointing.
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #4819
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Fyi - caster doodles are made and shipping to AwesomatixUSA today. Should be available in a few days..
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #4820
Tech Regular

I noticed an issue yesterday. The nut for the center bearing on the steering rack is rubbing the driveshaft. Only way I see to repair this is to shim between the steering rack and where it mounts. Am I missing something?
Old 11-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #4821
Tech Addict

Default Shock brace

Was wondering about removing or cutting the brace between the shocks at the rear particularly - a bit like the idea of using split blocks.

Anyone tried this? Obviously the suspension works quite differently on this car so I don't expect the same results. Just curious, thought it might be an idea to try
Old 11-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #4822
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
I noticed an issue yesterday. The nut for the center bearing on the steering rack is rubbing the driveshaft. Only way I see to repair this is to shim between the steering rack and where it mounts. Am I missing something?
Hi Adam- the wear you see on the at04 is nothing to be concerned about -- unless the shaft has a groove that you can measure w/ a caliper. i've been running the same shaft/same car for 11+ months now -- no issues w/ shaft failure (i was going to say no issues w/ failure --- but people have seen my driving before).
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
Old 11-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #4823
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
Was wondering about removing or cutting the brace between the shocks at the rear particularly - a bit like the idea of using split blocks.

Anyone tried this? Obviously the suspension works quite differently on this car so I don't expect the same results. Just curious, thought it might be an idea to try
AM08-1? What would hold the springs onto the shock properly?
Old 11-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #4824
Tech Addict

If you cut it in the middle or something like, the springs will stay on, the groove in the baseplate should keep the shock inline?
Old 11-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #4825
Tech Fanatic

Way back when, if that middle screw came loose or if I forgot to install it (duh) I had problems with the springs staying on. That was without the possibility of the piece pivoting on those outer screws, since it would now be cut in half.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #4826
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Are you sure it's the nut which is rubbing? If you have a mark in that area on the drive shaft it could be the ST21 servo track rod that is rubbing at full lock. It's worth a look as it's quite tight and tricky getting it right so it doesn't hit the top deck or main shaft.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #4827
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
Way back when, if that middle screw came loose or if I forgot to install it (duh) I had problems with the springs staying on. That was without the possibility of the piece pivoting on those outer screws, since it would now be cut in half.
You know its funny, whenever someone tells me something isn't a good idea that's when I know I absolutely must try it.. I'll report back later !
Old 11-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #4828
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
You know its funny, whenever someone tells me something isn't a good idea that's when I know I absolutely must try it.. I'll report back later !
Lol, good luck. :-)
Old 11-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #4829
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantra View Post
Are you sure it's the nut which is rubbing? If you have a mark in that area on the drive shaft it could be the ST21 servo track rod that is rubbing at full lock. It's worth a look as it's quite tight and tricky getting it right so it doesn't hit the top deck or main shaft.
I am positive it was the nut. I forgot I had ordered the floating servo mount, so when I put it on I checked the nut. It had just backed off.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #4830
Tech Champion

if folks haven't check out Karl H. setup from the Halloween Classic -- please do so. i took some aspects of this setup (swaybar and shock/spring) and applied it to my base setup this weekend. it was a bit quicker yet still easy to drive. i hope to apply the entire setup for this weekend...