R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #4786
Tech Addict

Adam B,

3) my spur gear came loose today! Again, something that should just be checked often, or did I not do something proper? On my way home I was wondering it it had to do with my use of push brakes today.

Please sand ( with rough sandpaper) the contact face of AT12 nut. It will increase the friction between the spur and this nut significantly.
AT12M optional nut is available also for all who doesn't like to apply more force to the wrench.

4) after a not minor contact with another car, my drive shaft came out. Is this normal also?

Please check your SPR06 wire ring. I think that you have unclenched it too much at installation. Squeeze it to the original size and try to install more carefully again.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #4787
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
1) there seems to be a bit of slop between the ball studs and ball cups. Is this normal or anything of concern?

There ball cups this happens over time. Instead of replacing them cut small squares and plastic bag, place between the ball and cup when snapping together, remove the excess. The plastic will take up the slop in ball cup. If the link feels to stiff, remove, find a thinner plastic material, and repeat

2) I noticed one rear ball stud likes to back out. Being this kit is a lot of metal into metal, is it good to use blue loctite, or just keep double checking them?

Don't get to crazy with loctite it will make the car hard to work on when trying setup changes

3) my spur gear came loose today! Again, something that should just be checked often, or did I not do something proper? On my way home I was wondering it it had to do with my use of push brakes today.

Great suggestion by Oleg, i'll give this one a try, i've had the same problem on my mod car.

4) after a not minor contact with another car, my drive shaft came out. Is this normal also?

Another idea and what I've done on my cars. Cut a small piece of soft foam and place in the hole on the spear gear side where the drive shaft mounts. This will act as a spring against the drive shaft which helps it from being knocked out of the front.

I really enjoy this car so far. So many others have inquired about it and probably placing orders since I got one.
Answers above
5280raceway.com [Operated by - Colorado On-Road RC Club]
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #4788
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A while back I modded the battery holder to make fore and aft changes easier. Once the grub is set for the battery width you're good to go. Used a small body reamer to make the hole. Easy. Only takes a moment now to change position and no more worries about keeping the balance
Attached Thumbnails
Awesomatix EP Touring Car-20131118_105238.jpg  
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #4789
Tech Regular

I guess I should have made it clear that this was only my second race day with the car. That's why I was asking about the ball cup thing. Thanks for the tips guys, I will be going over all that this week.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #4790
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default wtf fans

Thanks for the fast shipping Mike, I got the fans today. thank you.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #4791
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Will the RDS T4 bumper fit A700EXL?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #4792
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

There is a bumper specific for the awesomatix.

http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/access...am-bumper.html

Monti
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #4793
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Oleg - Just wondering why you didn't add a way to put a C clip (something like what holds the carbon arms in place) on top of ball studs under the rims to help prevent the top one from popping off vs the zip tie method some people are using.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #4794
Tech Apprentice

In looking at the manual ( car will be here in a couple days ) is the spur just clamped with the 12mm nut and not retained radially with any other holes?

Also is there a preferred brand of spur or "special" spur to use?

I can only read the error so many times.... On the USA site the "spur dampening kit"... to Dampen means to moist or wet... the term is Damper or Damp.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #4795
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles View Post
In looking at the manual ( car will be here in a couple days ) is the spur just clamped with the 12mm nut and not retained radially with any other holes?

I can only read the error so many times.... On the USA site the "spur dampening kit"... to Dampen means to moist or wet... the term is Damper or Damp.
The plate it mounts on has 2 tabs that use 2 of the holes on the spur. I run kimbrough and Xenon spurs. they both fit with no issues.

Jerry

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #4796
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:

The part the spur gets mounted on AT20 has 2 little pieces that stick out and fit into the holes on a spur gear. Then the nut keeps it in place. No special spur gear needed for that. Only the "moist" aftermarket spur gear holder needs a special spur or bigger holes put into a regular one.

Well son of a....... Jerry you are fast!
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #4797
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
The part the spur gets mounted on AT20 has 2 little pieces that stick out and fit into the holes on a spur gear. Then the nut keeps it in place. No special spur gear needed for that. Only the "moist" aftermarket spur gear holder needs a special spur or bigger holes put into a regular one.

Well son of a....... Jerry you are fast!

Thanks guys... LOL..moist spur! I'm no grammar expert but I couldn't help that one.

Jerry - I got Teach's car.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #4798
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks guys... LOL..moist spur! I'm no grammar expert but I couldn't help that one.
Dampen is the verb to damper's noun. They mean the same thing in different contexts. I hope you enjoy the car.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #4799
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:

Jerry - I got Teach's car.
You got a good ride. I beat up on a him a few times but it was driver not the car. Good luck with it. As you see the thread is a live and kicking so come by and ask away. Lot's of knowledgeable people run the car right now. You wont be disappointed with Teach's car.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #4800
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrent View Post
Will the RDS T4 bumper fit A700EXL?

Thanks
I run an Xray hard bumper (with a chassis brace), so I'd imagine that if the bumper you posted fits an Xray it will fit the A700 too =] Only thing I've had to do is add 6mm of foam to the front of my bumper to bring it forwards to the same position the kit bumper sits in.