R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #4726
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Freddy, what protoform body has similar handling characteristics to the Bittydesigns MC10? Looking to try something different here in a little while, thought this might be a good option, depending on how it handles on carpet.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #4727
Tech Regular

PLEASE HELP!! How does one mount a fan in the 700L? Even temporary, just to get through one day? I leave for its maiden voyage in 6 hours, so if it requires parts, I guess I can sleep in.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #4728
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
PLEASE HELP!! How does one mount a fan in the 700L? Even temporary, just to get through one day? I leave for its maiden voyage in 6 hours, so if it requires parts, I guess I can sleep in.
If you are using the floating servo mount you can use one of the non floating servo mounting pieces. You run a screw through the servo mount and attach it to one of the motor screw holes (preferably the upper where it mounts to the motor mount) and then attach the fan to the servo mount. I have been using the R1 fan mounts and they work great, all you need to do is space the fan out a few mm.
HawaiiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #4729
Tech Regular

Thanks, but don't have the floating servo kit. But I have other brands of cars, maybe I can rob from one of them to make something work.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #4730
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks, but don't have the floating servo kit. But I have other brands of cars, maybe I can rob from one of them to make something work.
In a pinch you can mount the fan on the top deck using an V shaped piece of thick lexan so it leans down enough to point at the motor. Use strong double stick tape. Not optimal, but it will get you by.

Jake D.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #4731
Tech Regular

Thanks guys, but I decided by the time I rig anything and fit a body I may get a couple hours sleep before I would have to wake up for a 2.5 hour drive. I will try some local hobby shops tomorrow and maybe come up with something.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #4732
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks guys, but I decided by the time I rig anything and fit a body I may get a couple hours sleep before I would have to wake up for a 2.5 hour drive. I will try some local hobby shops tomorrow and maybe come up with something.
It won't help you now but this is what I am using and it works great. Its a very thin and light metal type clamp that goes around the motor.

http://r1wurks.com/product.php?id_product=10
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #4733
Tech Regular

Yeah, I was told to get that once I ordered the kit. Problem is they have been out of stock for some time I guess.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #4734
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I don't know if this fits but it looks like it should and it's in stock.

http://www.teameamotorsports.com/ind...product_id=100
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #4735
Tech Regular

I like it, thanks. Still going to look for something local today and try to get track time tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #4736
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
I don't know if this fits but it looks like it should and it's in stock.

http://www.teameamotorsports.com/ind...product_id=100
im running this mount now. the mount needs a slight bend/tweak to make it super tight on the motor... but once you do that it is good to go. it looks really nice on the aluminum chassis ...

previously i've used-

#1 an old battery bar drilled out -- and secured to the top most motor screw
#2 an awesomatix servo mount (left or right) drilled out -- and secured to the top most motor screw
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #4737
Tech Rookie

I use this and it's works very well
MR33 Motor Heatsink
SVARZEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #4738
Tech Regular

Ok, I am finally ready to hit the track tomorrow. I came up with a temp repair for the fan. My last (hopefully) concern is droop settings. I am basing my set up on Larry's from the classic. It shows front downstop at 6.25, rear at 5.5. How is this measured? On brand X I would use the Hudy "0" blocks and droop gauges under the arms. It may be the same thing, but just wondering. Also, is this value adjusted by the set screw under the chassis?

The up stop value is blank in the set up sheet. I am going to assume these are the set screws in the sway bar holder and those are to be basically backed out to be a non factor.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #4739
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

We are measuring droop using a ride height gauge with chassis on flatboard.

Measuring droop from the "outside" of the two little screws connecting the p04 to c04.

Using the rh gauge from the center of the car to the ends.

PLEASE NOTE -- for this method to work your chassis must sit flat on your flatboard. you'll need to trim the excess plastic from the P06.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #4740
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Lessen

Quote:
Ok, I am finally ready to hit the track tomorrow. I came up with a temp repair for the fan. My last (hopefully) concern is droop settings. I am basing my set up on Larry's from the classic. It shows front downstop at 6.25, rear at 5.5. How is this measured? On brand X I would use the Hudy "0" blocks and droop gauges under the arms. It may be the same thing, but just wondering. Also, is this value adjusted by the set screw under the chassis?

The up stop value is blank in the set up sheet. I am going to assume these are the set screws in the sway bar holder and those are to be basically backed out to be a non factor.

Thanks!
Personally, I've never been a fan of blocks and droop gauges. One, to me the work doesn't flow (i.e. I find them annoying to use); Two, the measurement (with respect to conversation concerning) isn't universal from one chassis to another. I measure rise of the chassis with a caliper while lifting with a driver. Also, I do this with setup wheels on the car and AFTER I check preload tweak.