R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #4516
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Big shout out to Hanulec and Kyle, soo much help in the pits to make the car fast and on pace. They don't just tell you what to change, they actually take the time to explain what it does. Thanks again for the help guys, by far best car I have ever raced. Waiting for next club race, usually you get burnt out after a big race but when your car is fast and easy to drive all you want to do is race!

Oh and Hanulec I have that box I will bring it to Kyle to have him to ship it out.. Well unless I open it and there is kits, if thats the case I dont know what your talking about haha.
WEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #4517
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEZY View Post
Big shout out to Hanulec and Kyle, soo much help in the pits to make the car fast and on pace. They don't just tell you what to change, they actually take the time to explain what it does. Thanks again for the help guys, by far best car I have ever raced. Waiting for next club race, usually you get burnt out after a big race but when your car is fast and easy to drive all you want to do is race!

Oh and Hanulec I have that box I will bring it to Kyle to have him to ship it out.. Well unless I open it and there is kits, if thats the case I dont know what your talking about haha.
thanks Ryan - great job this weekend dude. just some tools/parts/etc. in the box.... and hopefully Gee's receiver
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #4518
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

What do you guys think works better in our cars Higher Torque Stator / Rotors or High RPM for indoor carpet like IIC or a little smaller?
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #4519
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
What do you guys think works better in our cars Higher Torque Stator / Rotors or High RPM for indoor carpet like IIC or a little smaller?
i'd recommend you ask at the vendor specific threads....
i like Team Powers and ORCA motors...
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
Old 10-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #4520
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
i'd recommend you ask at the vendor specific threads....
i like Team Powers and ORCA motors...
I was hoping more of a "car specific" thing since not many people are running shaftys.... YET. Then again most of you guys are probably sponsored by or selling X brand motor so telling me something other then that would be a conflict in interest...
Old 10-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #4521
Tech Champion

Travis - I don't think there is a magic motor based upon shaft... Iook at iic results and lap times for some insight.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #4522
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ok im am going to buy this car!!

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #4523
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Travis - I don't think there is a magic shaft...
WHAT!!!

Is there something that shows what motors and stuff were run in 17.5 IIC A Main's?
Old 10-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #4524
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
My arsenal currently has powers and orca motors. I feel like the powers motors im running may have a little motor torque than the orca. The higher torque fits my driving style, I like the rip out of the corner.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:49 AM   #4525
Tech Regular

Default rear caster angle effects?

I recently built a new a700L with what i thought was +3deg caster. Whilst inspecting the car last night in advance of this coming weekends rd1 of EWS I notice that the rear caster angle looked a lot more than 3deg. So i measured it and sure enough, it was over +5deg on both sides!!

What kind of drive effects will this amount of rear caster have on the handling?

I've set it properly back to 3deg now.

CPD Racing ___MuchMore-UK___Awesomatix UK___OTM Racing
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:51 AM   #4526
Tech Apprentice

First of all a MAXIMUM thanks to the Awesomatix US guys. You made for sure one of my funniest RC weeks :-) I hope we will see us again, maybe at a race in Europe? :-)

With +5deg I think you mean that you use a longer wheelbase. The longer the wheelbase the more rear traction and forward traction you have. Less rear caster so shorter wheelbase makes the car more agressive, more initial steering. Easier traction roll on high grip carpet tracks. Corner speed is always higher with a longer wheelbase.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #4527
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
Ok im am going to buy this car!!
two in stock right now.. http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/a700l-...uring-car.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff View Post
First of all a MAXIMUM thanks to the Awesomatix US guys. You made for sure one of my funniest RC weeks :-) I hope we will see us again, maybe at a race in Europe? :-)
Freddy we had MAXIMUM fun this past week too. Hopefully we will all be racing together again soon.

We will be posting the setup from the IIC in the next day or so. There are a few missing check boxes that we are trying to get answers on right now...
Old 10-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #4528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
It was great time and i'm glad we were entertaining. I'm sure you're glad some of the crazy people you met arent going to europe any time soon. make sure you send us a message if you come to NY.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #4529
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Spring

I was looking at setup sheet and have a question about standard spring and s spring. Would it be safe to assume that s spring on sheet is the soft one.
tqboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #4530
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:

With +5deg I think you mean that you use a longer wheelbase. The longer the wheelbase the more rear traction and forward traction you have. Less rear caster so shorter wheelbase makes the car more agressive, more initial steering. Easier traction roll on high grip carpet tracks. Corner speed is always higher with a longer wheelbase.
Freddy (others can chime in as well), BESIDES the effects of having the longer wheelbase on the car, what are the effects of having that much rear caster (if any)?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote