R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #4501
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Rest time. Hitting the reset button for tomorrow. 4 cars in 17.5 with more looking from the outside. 2 cars in 13.5 top 5 - Freddy with the TQ. Freddy's mod car keeps on getting better...
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #4502
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
The setups sheets from some our drivers still have the mistakes in the top deck setting indication.
So I have to explain again the main ideas of red dots in the flex settings of our setup sheet ( both for top deck and lower deck also):

#1. The red dot indicates that this point is fixed against any shifting ( lateral and longitudinal). You can provide it by screw or by AT21/AT21S/ST24 ball stud.

#2. ST09 under outer (side) screws/AT21/AT21S/ST24 on the top deck prevents the fixing of this point of top deck and it should be indicated without a red dot according to #1.
(This is due to ST09 are higher than top deck thickness and these outer holes are bigger than ST09 diameter).

#3. ST09 under the central screw on the top deck doesn't prevent the fixing of this central point against the lateral and longitudinal shifting as the central hole has exactly the same diameter as ST09.
So this point should be with red dot even with ST09 installed into this hole (according to #1).

In case of somebody will be able to transform these rules to the more clear and shorter form I will be very grateful.
Then, how can I fix the outer hole of top deck?
Without ST09, the link of top deck will be dislocated easily at every crash.
JW_SHIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #4503
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_SHIM View Post
Then, how can I fix the outer hole of top deck?
Without ST09, the link of top deck will be dislocated easily at every crash.
Do not hesitate to tighten the outer screws (or AT21) as much as possible.
Please see for example the popular video from Jilles Groskamp.
On this video Jilles applies a lot of power at tightening of the screws over the top deck.

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 10-11-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #4504
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
Do not hesitate to tighten the outer screws (or AT21) as much as possible.
Please see for example the popular video from Jilles Groskamp.
On this video Jilles applies a lot of power at tightening of the screws over the top deck.
Where do you find the video for Groskamp?
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #4505
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
Where do you find the video for Groskamp?
I think he means the series he did with redrc on youtube

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #4506
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
There will come a day when 9 out of 10 cars in the top ten will be Awesomatix !!!!
Yeah IIC will probably happen at the same time as a major World Championship again in the future
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:48 AM   #4507
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default IIC

Congrats to the entire team at IIC.

Especially Freddy, coming "across the pond" to race in such unfamiliar conditions and yet doing so well in both classes he entered. Super Stock, TQ and 2nd overall in the "one and done" main format of IIC and also getting into "the show" and maintaing position in Mod TC too. I know I am missing much of the team , but I'l just name off a couple highlights. I believe Kyle Bergstrom had a great showing backing up his strong performance at the Reedy Race in 17.5 TC.
Mike Hanulec also was in a great position to keep his spot in the A but when the track conditions allowed the fastest runs , Q4 , he had his worst luck.
I believe 6 cars were faster than TQ in the "A" sort of the 4th round and many in the "B" sort also beat TQ from Round 3 , showing how deep the field was in 17.5.
As a buddy of mine said, the traction conditions change so much at this race its almost as though qual points need to be used !

Congratulations guys !

Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 10-13-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #4508
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Wow what a great time in vegas. I Maximum failed in 17.5 tc at the IIC. I wasted a good car by making one too many mistakes especially on 2 amain runs. I ended up starting 5th in the C main and ended up taking 3rd. I also qualified 5 in the A of spec GT and ended up 5th.

I want to thank Awesomatix usa for the awesome support at the IIC. It was also great meeting Freddy, he dealt with our jokes all weekend and joined in on a few!. I'm sure he's taking a few new terms/words back with him to Germany. All in all it was a great time. now time to start thinking about the Halloween classic in ohio. Then the Festivus Grand Prix at Horsham raceway in December.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #4509
Tech Champion

just got home a while ago from Vegas. all of the Awesomatix runners had a fantastic weekend. we all didn't get the runs we hoped for --- but a TON of folks took notice about the chassis. Awesomatix cars were within every touring A-Main!! It was a fantastic team effort -- no matter if your a "team" driver or not. Big thanks to Freddy Sudhoff for coming from Germany for the event. We really enjoyed making him part of the team this past weekend---

Mod TC - Freddy Sudhoff (7th)
13.5 TC - Freddy Sudhoff (2nd)
17.5 TC - Kyle Klingforth (4th after leading for the first 1/2 of the race) and Kyle Bergstrom (6th)
Amateur 17.5 TC - Ryan Cooper (2nd), Ray Presnall (6th) and Thomas Keiser (10th)
Spec GT - Jerry Perez (5th) and Ray Presnall (9th)

FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
Old 10-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #4510
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
just got home a while ago from Vegas. all of the Awesomatix runners had a fantastic weekend. we all didn't get the runs we hoped for --- but a TON of folks took notice about the chassis. Awesomatix cars were within every touring A-Main!! It was a fantastic team effort -- no matter if your a "team" driver or not. Big thanks to Freddy Sudhoff for coming from Germany for the event. We really enjoyed making him part of the team this past weekend---

Mod TC - Freddy Sudhoff (7th)
13.5 TC - Freddy Sudhoff (2nd)
17.5 TC - Kyle Klingforth (4th after leading for the first 1/2 of the race) and Kyle Bergstrom (6th)
Amateur 17.5 TC - Ryan Cooper (2nd), Ray Presnall (6th) and Thomas Keiser (10th)
Spec GT - Jerry Perez (5th) and Ray Presnall (9th)

Hopefully this a little better for you guys:
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #4511
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
Hopefully this a little better for you guys:
How many from this group are going to the Halloween Classic in a couple weeks? Can someone post the names/screen names of these guys. I met Monti at the USVTA Southern Nationals last month, but that is about all I know so far. Would be nice to be able to put some faces with names.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #4512
Tech Elite

Man what a great weekend of racing at the IIC. Want to thank all of the guys from Awesomatix USA for helping me get my car sorted out. Special thanks to Mike and Jerry for putting up with all my questions. Great fun hanging out with you guys, looking forward to Horsham. Really wish my spur would have held on for the main......sucks starting 6th on the grid in the "A", getting up to 2nd on the first lap and then having the spur go out after a traction roll
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #4513
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Man what a great weekend of racing at the IIC. Want to thank all of the guys from Awesomatix USA for helping me get my car sorted out. Special thanks to Mike and Jerry for putting up with all my questions. Great fun hanging out with you guys, looking forward to Horsham. Really wish my spur would have held on for the main......sucks starting 6th on the grid in the "A", getting up to 2nd on the first lap and then having the spur go out after a traction roll
Motor Screws my Friend motor screws. I'm glad we could help. We tried to make the rounds and make sure everyone driving the awesomatix had what they needed. It was great to see so many cars out in the pits.

The car had lots of look last week so i feel like there may be a few new people rolling out there with the Shaft car.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #4514
Tech Addict

Thanks to Mike and the guys for everything this weekend, I know us AZ boys liked seeing the team out in the pits and helping with tips/tricks.

For anyone on the fence, this car is for real!! I've been running HB for over 8 years and finally made the switch a few weeks before IIC. Car was so fast and easy to drive at the same time. And why I watched everyone changing oils and springs thru the rounds taking 30-60 minutes, I'd make a slight change in only a few minutes. Car reacts to the slightest change and so easy to dial in. I finished 3rd in the B-main in 17.5 but if I ran my old HB, I'm sure I would have been struggling to just make the C-main. Looking forward to more time with the new car to see how fast it can go!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #4515
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
How many from this group are going to the Halloween Classic in a couple weeks? Can someone post the names/screen names of these guys. I met Monti at the USVTA Southern Nationals last month, but that is about all I know so far. Would be nice to be able to put some faces with names.
Daniel S
David Z
Ryan C
Ray P
The Mangler
Kyle B
Teacher

Kyle K
Dawson
Brent K
Jerry P
Freddy S

FJ