Originally Posted by Simon Noton
Hi guys. I'm looking for a direct servo horn to run off a futaba servo. I tried the dynamite one down one hole from the top but at full lock it touches the drive shaft. If I go down to the one below that I can't achieve full throw. Any thoughts out there on a horn that works?
Please follow the Instruction Manual:
1. 17,5-18,5 mm servo arm length.
2. 3,25mm shims under AT21 ball on the AM09 steering rod.
3. Steering rod travel limiters ( protruding SS3x12 set screws tips) on the bottom face of AM09 steering rod.
4. Exactly 90 deg at the neutral servo arm position.
5. Exactly equal length of both steering links.
6. Cut off the tip of the P13-1 ball over the cental ball of the servo link as in the Instruction.
Additionally ( from the old instruction for A700):
7. For Tamiya servo saver and 16,5-17,5mm arms you should use 3,75mm shims under AT21 ball on the AM09 steering rod.
Some drivers bend the servo ST21 steering rod a little bit to get bigger clearance to the top deck.