R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #4051
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,646
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It's going to be done guys, and you will all switch to 3.5t/2.5t motors too, if you're brave .....lol....
bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #4052
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,646
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

See you in a month...
bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:33 AM   #4053
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,100
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

http://rcracingtv.net/2013/08/tyre-c...r-euros-part1/
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:18 AM   #4054
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montana
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey John,

Do you have any information on the new style upper arm mount from the link you posted?

Patrick

Last edited by XCELL; 08-13-2013 at 05:39 AM.
XCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #4055
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 72
Default

This is one of our new parts which are still under testing. They are called "flexible caster blocks". They work with a nice design idea and different o-rings for different flex.
Our suspension is pretty hard compared to other cars as we have no pins and no c-hubs. We found out that some additional flex here can be an advantage, specially on asphalt .
More infos later this year as we are still testing different designs and flex settings.

Regards
Freddy
__________________
LRP - Awesomatix
FreddySudhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #4056
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montana
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the information Freddy, from the look of the design you can set the caster angle and then change the camber without having to adjust anything else. Also have you guys thought of making some new arms from fiberglass or different graphite with with flex characteristics?

Patrick
XCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #4057
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,010
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

quick update for you stock carpet racers out there running spec solaris medium/jaco blue. the boys down at Middle River Hobbies have been hitting the rug pretty aggressively this summer. building upon their experience with the car over the summer, there is a new setup from Mike Gee for stock/super stock racing that has proven successful for other awesomatix drivers already. Syndrome tq + win last night at Denver/5280 in their 13.5 touring car class using this setup as documented by Gee.

Please look for the August 10 2013 carpet setup at http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #4058
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
quick update for you stock carpet racers out there running spec solaris medium/jaco blue. the boys down at Middle River Hobbies have been hitting the rug pretty aggressively this summer. building upon their experience with the car over the summer, there is a new setup from Mike Gee for stock/super stock racing that has proven successful for other awesomatix drivers already. Syndrome tq + win last night at Denver/5280 in their 13.5 touring car class using this setup as documented by Gee.

Please look for the August 10 2013 carpet setup at http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html
The car was great with Gee's setup last night. Lots of corner speed in very high grip, and stayed really flat through the turns. The car tends to corner naturally rather than hop through the turns when the grip is high. I couldn't be more impressed.

This setup actually uses 3.5 degrees of rear toe.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #4059
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,010
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
The car was great with Gee's setup last night. Lots of corner speed in very high grip, and stayed really flat through the turns. The car tends to corner naturally rather than hop through the turns when the grip is high. I couldn't be more impressed.

This setup actually uses 3.5 degrees of rear toe.
Hopefully other people will try this setup over the next few weeks. The next time i hit the rug ill have my setup look like this for sure.

If what everyone says about 5280 overall grip/car handling/feel is right, then this base setup should work well at IIC...
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #4060
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Default

so are those standard balls under arms or the at21..and I know this is a crazy question, but why lower the front upper balls compared to the rear balls on the front arm..is that basically making anti dive??
team az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #4061
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Hopefully other people will try this setup over the next few weeks. The next time i hit the rug ill have my setup look like this for sure.

If what everyone says about 5280 overall grip/car handling/feel is right, then this base setup should work well at IIC...
I definitely wouldn't hesitate to start there. If I were leaving for IIC right now, that's the setup I would take. Gee did great work. Hopefully he's not laughing at me right now because it's some setup he filled in just to see if anybody would run it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by team az View Post
so are those standard balls under arms or the at21..and I know this is a crazy question, but why lower the front upper balls compared to the rear balls on the front arm..is that basically making anti dive??
Reactive caster, I believe.

The Jaco Blue wheels rub ever so slightly with 3mm on the outside, but they grind a groove into the plastic after the first few laps and everything gets free again.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #4062
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
quick update for you stock carpet racers out there running spec solaris medium/jaco blue. the boys down at Middle River Hobbies have been hitting the rug pretty aggressively this summer. building upon their experience with the car over the summer, there is a new setup from Mike Gee for stock/super stock racing that has proven successful for other awesomatix drivers already. Syndrome tq + win last night at Denver/5280 in their 13.5 touring car class using this setup as documented by Gee.

Please look for the August 10 2013 carpet setup at http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html
No cutouts for the topdeck? interesting....
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #4063
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,394
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I definitely wouldn't hesitate to start there. If I were leaving for IIC right now, that's the setup I would take. Gee did great work. Hopefully he's not laughing at me right now because it's some setup he filled in just to see if anybody would run it.



Reactive caster, I believe.

The Jaco Blue wheels rub ever so slightly with 3mm on the outside, but they grind a groove into the plastic after the first few laps and everything gets free again.
Lol. Not this time, anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhavlena View Post
No cutouts for the topdeck? interesting....
No, but it does have full ST09 collars to make it floating, so it is softer
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #4064
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I definitely wouldn't hesitate to start there. If I were leaving for IIC right now, that's the setup I would take. Gee did great work. Hopefully he's not laughing at me right now because it's some setup he filled in just to see if anybody would run it.



Reactive caster, I believe.

The Jaco Blue wheels rub ever so slightly with 3mm on the outside, but they grind a groove into the plastic after the first few laps and everything gets free again.
so the standard balls under arms then??
team az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #4065
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I ran the standard balls under the arms with .5 shims under them.

In my testing, I prefer the collars in all the holes in the top deck so that it "floats." I tried without using a solid top deck and didn't like the car as much. Maybe with some cutouts the fixed deck would work better.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0