Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's going to be done guys, and you will all switch to 3.5t/2.5t motors too, if you're brave .....lol....
Old 08-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

See you in a month...
Old 08-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://rcracingtv.net/2013/08/tyre-c...r-euros-part1/
Old 08-13-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey John,

Do you have any information on the new style upper arm mount from the link you posted?

Patrick

Last edited by XCELL; 08-13-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

This is one of our new parts which are still under testing. They are called "flexible caster blocks". They work with a nice design idea and different o-rings for different flex.
Our suspension is pretty hard compared to other cars as we have no pins and no c-hubs. We found out that some additional flex here can be an advantage, specially on asphalt .
More infos later this year as we are still testing different designs and flex settings.

Regards
Freddy
Old 08-13-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for the information Freddy, from the look of the design you can set the caster angle and then change the camber without having to adjust anything else. Also have you guys thought of making some new arms from fiberglass or different graphite with with flex characteristics?

Patrick
Old 08-14-2013, 04:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

quick update for you stock carpet racers out there running spec solaris medium/jaco blue. the boys down at Middle River Hobbies have been hitting the rug pretty aggressively this summer. building upon their experience with the car over the summer, there is a new setup from Mike Gee for stock/super stock racing that has proven successful for other awesomatix drivers already. Syndrome tq + win last night at Denver/5280 in their 13.5 touring car class using this setup as documented by Gee.

Please look for the August 10 2013 carpet setup at http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html
Old 08-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
quick update for you stock carpet racers out there running spec solaris medium/jaco blue. the boys down at Middle River Hobbies have been hitting the rug pretty aggressively this summer. building upon their experience with the car over the summer, there is a new setup from Mike Gee for stock/super stock racing that has proven successful for other awesomatix drivers already. Syndrome tq + win last night at Denver/5280 in their 13.5 touring car class using this setup as documented by Gee.

Please look for the August 10 2013 carpet setup at http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html
The car was great with Gee's setup last night. Lots of corner speed in very high grip, and stayed really flat through the turns. The car tends to corner naturally rather than hop through the turns when the grip is high. I couldn't be more impressed.

This setup actually uses 3.5 degrees of rear toe.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The car was great with Gee's setup last night. Lots of corner speed in very high grip, and stayed really flat through the turns. The car tends to corner naturally rather than hop through the turns when the grip is high. I couldn't be more impressed.

This setup actually uses 3.5 degrees of rear toe.
Hopefully other people will try this setup over the next few weeks. The next time i hit the rug ill have my setup look like this for sure.

If what everyone says about 5280 overall grip/car handling/feel is right, then this base setup should work well at IIC...
Old 08-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Initiate

so are those standard balls under arms or the at21..and I know this is a crazy question, but why lower the front upper balls compared to the rear balls on the front arm..is that basically making anti dive??
Old 08-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Lord

Hopefully other people will try this setup over the next few weeks. The next time i hit the rug ill have my setup look like this for sure.

If what everyone says about 5280 overall grip/car handling/feel is right, then this base setup should work well at IIC...
I definitely wouldn't hesitate to start there. If I were leaving for IIC right now, that's the setup I would take. Gee did great work. Hopefully he's not laughing at me right now because it's some setup he filled in just to see if anybody would run it.

Originally Posted by team az
so are those standard balls under arms or the at21..and I know this is a crazy question, but why lower the front upper balls compared to the rear balls on the front arm..is that basically making anti dive??
Reactive caster, I believe.

The Jaco Blue wheels rub ever so slightly with 3mm on the outside, but they grind a groove into the plastic after the first few laps and everything gets free again.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

No cutouts for the topdeck? interesting....
Old 08-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I definitely wouldn't hesitate to start there. If I were leaving for IIC right now, that's the setup I would take. Gee did great work. Hopefully he's not laughing at me right now because it's some setup he filled in just to see if anybody would run it.

The Jaco Blue wheels rub ever so slightly with 3mm on the outside, but they grind a groove into the plastic after the first few laps and everything gets free again.
Lol. Not this time, anyway

Originally Posted by mhavlena
No cutouts for the topdeck? interesting....
No, but it does have full ST09 collars to make it floating, so it is softer
Old 08-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Initiate

so the standard balls under arms then??
Old 08-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Lord

I ran the standard balls under the arms with .5 shims under them.

In my testing, I prefer the collars in all the holes in the top deck so that it "floats." I tried without using a solid top deck and didn't like the car as much. Maybe with some cutouts the fixed deck would work better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.