R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #3766
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quick question: is there any complete kit for the spur damper system that includes all the parts we need to do this modification in the right way?

Thanks for replies,
G-rem
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #3767
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Quick question: is there any complete kit for the spur damper system that includes all the parts we need to do this modification in the right way?
Thanks for replies,
G-rem
SD1 set:
http://shop.awesomatix.com/index.php?productID=931
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #3768
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice!
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #3769
Tech Regular

Default AOC win

The second round of the Asian Onroad Champion (AOC) was held in Melbourne, Australia,their was several big names came out from Europe,Asia,USA for the event,and to Scotty thanks for a top event.
It was my first time ever that i had ran on carpet,so for me and 95% of the other drivers it was too.From day one the car felt good,so i let the track came to the car,and only changed two settings,from what i have been running out side leading up to the event.
So after practice ,qualifying,rounds i placed the car 2nd in the A main,i was over the moon with this placing,onto the finals,after a bad round one,it was up to the last 2,I managed to win the 2nd ,but placed 3nd in the last,but this was enough for a WIN in the 17.5 stock class,and on the way helping the only other Awesomatix driver at the event.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #3770
Tech Addict

My greatest congratulations, Scott!

Please inform your setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomster View Post
The second round of the Asian Onroad Champion (AOC) was held in Melbourne, Australia,their was several big names came out from Europe,Asia,USA for the event,and to Scotty thanks for a top event.
It was my first time ever that i had ran on carpet,so for me and 95% of the other drivers it was too.From day one the car felt good,so i let the track came to the car,and only changed two settings,from what i have been running out side leading up to the event.
So after practice ,qualifying,rounds i placed the car 2nd in the A main,i was over the moon with this placing,onto the finals,after a bad round one,it was up to the last 2,I managed to win the 2nd ,but placed 3nd in the last,but this was enough for a WIN in the 17.5 stock class,and on the way helping the only other Awesomatix driver at the event.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #3771
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomster View Post

Well done Scotty
Was great to meet another awesomatix driver to bounce ideas off see you soon.
markmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #3772
Tech Addict

More weekend's news from Awesomatix drivers:

Richard King won the the BTCC championship round in West London.
Congratulations, Richard!

3rd place for young Dionys Stadler at the first round of the CONRAD Electronic Touring MASTERS Series in Andernach ( modified class).
First A-final: 1.Marc Fisher, 2. Dionys , 3. Tim Wahl.
Second A-final: 1.Marc Fischer, 2.Christopher Krapp, 4. Dionys
Third A-final: 1. Christopher Krapp, 2. Dionys, 3. Marc Fischer

The car was good, on the same pace as the winner.
http://www.myrcm.ch/de/conradelectro...nMo/index.html

2nd place for Max Mächler at the same CONRAD Electronic Touring MASTERS Series race ( Stock Class).
A-main also for Michael Kiesewetter. Michael even won the first A-final.
http://www.myrcm.ch/de/conradelectro...Sto/index.html
Congratulations for Max and Michael !
Attached Thumbnails
Awesomatix EP Touring Car-20130707_165124-small.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car-max-2small.jpg  
Old 07-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #3773
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys I am having a problem with the front spring on one side..the slop before it makes any tension..its on the spr01s and st05 as well as spr02..its only on one side..i have taken apart a few times and double checked that its on the pin..not bound up..it is exactly as other 3 corners..but there is about 2 to 3mm of uptravel before it makes any tension on spring..though it might work itself out..but ran car..its severely tweaked with it theway it is..turn to right and wants to dump and spin out..any suggestions
Old 07-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #3774
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am cornholio View Post
hey guys I am having a problem with the front spring on one side..the slop before it makes any tension..its on the spr01s and st05 as well as spr02..its only on one side..i have taken apart a few times and double checked that its on the pin..not bound up..it is exactly as other 3 corners..but there is about 2 to 3mm of uptravel before it makes any tension on spring..though it might work itself out..but ran car..its severely tweaked with it theway it is..turn to right and wants to dump and spin out..any suggestions
the spr02 might not be sitting right w/in the dampener. do you see that the st05 is scratching the shock holders? you can also potentially hear a 'clicking' noise as you move the arm...

you must adjust the depth of the spr02 w/in the shock slot. someone has posted a trick of using part of a paper clip to provide additional spacing between the spr02 and shock body. i generally just move the spr02 in and out re-adjusting the set screw until it runs perfectly.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #3775
Tech Elite

Anyone from Norcal think the AM06S would be the way to go for our local tracks: Nor-cal, Speedworld and new Delta indoor asphalt?

13.5 or 10.5 blinky
Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #3776
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Anyone from Norcal think the AM06S would be the way to go for our local tracks: Nor-cal, Speedworld and new Delta indoor asphalt?

13.5 or 10.5 blinky
I haven't run at norcal but--
The shimmed out "AM06S" with 1.0mm at the bottom is very similar to the AM06 but provides a slightly longer link (this is Mike Gee's setup). I've personally been running super low roll centers in stock / 13.5. I'll be trying that soon in modified on asphalt too.

also -- the A700L (non USA spec) and A700EXL are available at shop.awesomatixusa.com
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
Old 07-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #3777
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I haven't run at norcal but--
The shimmed out "AM06S" with 1.0mm at the bottom is very similar to the AM06 but provides a slightly longer link (this is Mike Gee's setup). I've personally been running super low roll centers in stock / 13.5. I'll be trying that soon in modified on asphalt too.

also -- the A700L (non USA spec) and A700EXL are available at shop.awesomatixusa.com
Yep, that's why I was asking, trying to decide which kit to buy from you, usa spec or non A700L

I tried the regular A700L, Brandon's AKA BOR, and I can't imagaine a car being more dialed: crazy steering but still stable and he had a slower motor than me but still pulled my car out of every corner.

He sold me and I am sure one other guy, who is selling his other cars in order to buy, in one day
Old 07-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #3778
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Yep, that's why I was asking, trying to decide which kit to buy from you, usa spec or non A700L

I tried the regular A700L, Brandon's AKA BOR, and I can't imagaine a car being more dialed: crazy steering but still stable and he had a slower motor than me but still pulled my car out of every corner.

He sold me and I am sure one other guy, who is selling his other cars in order to buy, in one day
LOL
I'm happy to hear that he was making things happen over at SpeedWorld (i'm guessing...)
Old 07-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #3779
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

A few questions:

What's the right way to remove the outdrives from the spool should I ever need to replace them or replace a bearing?

Any tips for making the gear diff smoother? I've got all the upgraded parts (including metal gears) and it feels a bit tight and notchy. Going to two gears helped some. It seems like the o-ring between the bearings is binding it up a bit.

Really enjoying the build so far. What a marvelously engineered kit.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #3780
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
A few questions:

What's the right way to remove the outdrives from the spool should I ever need to replace them or replace a bearing?

Any tips for making the gear diff smoother? I've got all the upgraded parts (including metal gears) and it feels a bit tight and notchy. Going to two gears helped some. It seems like the o-ring between the bearings is binding it up a bit.

Really enjoying the build so far. What a marvelously engineered kit.
2 small gears wont help, it will make the 2 big bevel gears unstable and not sitting probably during high speed. I put 4 gears and shim them all with 0.1mm shim, it reduce the fiction between the small gears and the cage. Put the car in the track for more than 20 flight to get the diff smooth. Now my diff is prefect!!
tinngsmile is offline   Reply With Quote