R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #3691
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,004
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

the picture is of a member of the jackson rc "wack pack". he doesn't have an awesomatix car.

today was a GREAT day for Awesomatix here in ROAR Region 2. double tq (mod-1, 17.5-1,2,3) and double win (mod-1,4,6 and 17.5-1,2,6). this race had nearly all of the fast racers in the north east in attendance.

a personal thank you to both Larry Fairtrace (stock tq + win with a borrowed car) and Mike Gee (mod tq + win) for their efforts and skill today.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #3692
Tech Fanatic
 
elee32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: lambertville, nj
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Stunned. Factory is not what it used to be. Look forward to the Wack Packs insight to tuning and setup.
It's definitely a different level of insight...

Great runs today for the awesomatix crew at Jackson RC. Congrats guys!
__________________
Eric Lee, sponsored by shipping and handling..
elee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #3693
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,891
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elee32 View Post
It's definitely a different level of insight...

Great runs today for the awesomatix crew at Jackson RC. Congrats guys!
Richie does the best paint-on-the-outside krylon gold bodies!
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #3694
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,746
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
the picture is of a member of the jackson rc "wack pack". he doesn't have an awesomatix car.

today was a GREAT day for Awesomatix here in ROAR Region 2. double tq (mod-1, 17.5-1,2,3) and double win (mod-1,4,6 and 17.5-1,2,6). this race had nearly all of the fast racers in the north east in attendance.

a personal thank you to both Larry Fairtrace (stock tq + win with a borrowed car) and Mike Gee (mod tq + win) for their efforts and skill today.
Thanks for the loaner brother. Glad I was able to race and do well after a 3 month hiatus.

Car was dialed.

It was a good turnout. Gee's car in mod was very good.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 06-22-2013 at 11:50 PM.
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #3695
Tech Regular
 
gazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 347
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
the picture is of a member of the jackson rc "wack pack". he doesn't have an awesomatix car.
Done all in good fun. The cars looked great on the track today
__________________
Kyle Majikas E-Town posse, Pro One R/C, TQ wire, SpeedMerchant, MC˛ Racing
gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #3696
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 2,147
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Awesomatix cars were awesome yesterday. Gee, Hanulec, Larry (with the loaner), and Abey had their cars running really well! My car was good, I think I probably held it back. But I also think I can get more out of it. Was better than last week yesterday, so stepping in the right direction.
__________________
SpeedMerchant Rev7
oceanhighz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #3697
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,624
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza View Post
Awesomatix USA's new factory driver
Congrats Richie Rich!! Your hard work has finally paid off!

I'm sure the team can't wait for your input.

All joking aside.. Nice job to the guys for your hard work and success.
__________________
Jackson RC Raceway, Home of the 2011 Paved On Road Nats!
Horsham RC Raceway,Home of the 2013 and 2015 Carpet On Road Nats!

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/RIP Jon Williams
Al Sodano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #3698
Tech Master
 
Lance C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,157
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

I was glad they had a t shirt that fit me... Great day off racing cars looked dialed
Lance C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #3699
Tech Elite
 
Warren Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NASCAR COUNTRY
Posts: 2,342
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Congrats to mike and team awesomatix USA you put together some team ,Oleg should be very proud of what you accomplished simply said awesome
__________________
R1 WURKS-AWESOMATIX USA-LRP-TQ WIRE-PROTOTYPE RACING-MCFACTORY MOTORSPORTS-SWEEP RACING-TXDSKINGRAPHIX-HOBMAX-THE RUG-TEAM EZDUZIT
R.I.P. MY FRIEND JDUB MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #3700
Tech Elite
 
mike ivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Comin at ya from a distant galaxy
Posts: 2,784
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Gotta to Give Mike Hanulec and the Whole Awesomatix crew for there Hard work and great runs At the Jackson RC Region 2 race.Got to try a car out a few weeks back very impressed!!!
__________________
[-eXpress motorsports-] [-TQ Wire-]

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #3701
Tech Regular
 
Dragobrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 275
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Ride height checking inconsistent

Hi,quick question-what is the preferred method for checking ride heights on these cars re:should I press only one end of the car down then check or both ends down at the same time then check? Should I press the car down all the way to the deck then release or partially down? Should I release slowly or should I release quickly?

The reason i ask is because I ran the a700ex for the 1st time on saturday and it seemed that the ride height wasnt staying consistent, I was continually chasing it.

I have -standard EX springs/dampers.
front- rhs/srs ARR II, A-1, B-2,symmetric. Sway bar 1.3.
rear- rhs/srs ARR II, A1, B-0, symmetric. Sway bar 1.1.
ride height 6mm front 6.5mm rear because I was scraping the rear of the lower deck.

I had this set up for a tight tech bumpy track with medium grip.

Thanks in advance.
Dragobrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #3702
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,004
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragobrat View Post
Hi,quick question-what is the preferred method for checking ride heights on these cars re:should I press only one end of the car down then check or both ends down at the same time then check? Should I press the car down all the way to the deck then release or partially down? Should I release slowly or should I release quickly?

The reason i ask is because I ran the a700ex for the 1st time on saturday and it seemed that the ride height wasnt staying consistent, I was continually chasing it.

I have -standard EX springs/dampers.
front- rhs/srs ARR II, A-1, B-2,symmetric. Sway bar 1.3.
rear- rhs/srs ARR II, A1, B-0, symmetric. Sway bar 1.1.
ride height 6mm front 6.5mm rear because I was scraping the rear of the lower deck.

I had this set up for a tight tech bumpy track with medium grip.

Thanks in advance.
with any touring car i push the car down twice from the center of the car bottoming out the suspension. i use the same movement when setting tweak on a tweak board.

based upon your listed suspension settings, I think a #6 dampener in a type II (2) configuration requires much higher "A" values. a higher "A" value equates to more dampening. additionally, I'd look at maybe a higher "B" value to decrease the spring rate.

i would believe your car would feel very springy, but with very little dampening. i could easily see this car bottoming out in sweepers or tight 180 degree corners. when i switched to the type II (2) RHS/SHS settings i found i needed to run a very high "A" value. i'd suggest the following starting points--

Front #6 type II A=5.0 B=2.6
Rear #6 type II A=6.0 B=1.0
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #3703
Tech Regular
 
Dragobrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 275
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
with any touring car i push the car down twice from the center of the car bottoming out the suspension. i use the same movement when setting tweak on a tweak board.

based upon your listed suspension settings, I think a #6 dampener in a type II (2) configuration requires much higher "A" values. a higher "A" value equates to more dampening. additionally, I'd look at maybe a higher "B" value to decrease the spring rate.

i would believe your car would feel very springy, but with very little dampening. i could easily see this car bottoming out in sweepers or tight 180 degree corners. when i switched to the type II (2) RHS/SHS settings i found i needed to run a very high "A" value. i'd suggest the following starting points--

Front #6 type II A=5.0 B=2.6
Rear #6 type II A=6.0 B=1.0
Thank you for your help with that.
I have looked at the car and can now understand how those adustments would work.
I reckon I need to sit down and read through this thread fully though because I still need to try and understand the effects of changing the roll centres,assymetric/symmetric, rhs/srs arrangment etc.

Looking at the petitrc setup sheets it seems nearly all have a lower B value in the rear(increased spring rate) which I guess would mean stiffer rear springs , I thought that most touring cars run slighly softer rear springs than front. Is awesomatix an exception?
It was the top driver at 1x of our tracks here who recommended softer rear to me.
Dragobrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #3704
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,393
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragobrat View Post
Thank you for your help with that.
I have looked at the car and can now understand how those adustments would work.
I reckon I need to sit down and read through this thread fully though because I still need to try and understand the effects of changing the roll centres,assymetric/symmetric, rhs/srs arrangment etc.

Looking at the petitrc setup sheets it seems nearly all have a lower B value in the rear(increased spring rate) which I guess would mean stiffer rear springs , I thought that most touring cars run slighly softer rear springs than front. Is awesomatix an exception?
It was the top driver at 1x of our tracks here who recommended softer rear to me.
"typical" TCs run the same or harder spring in the front than the rear, but due to the mounting points of the shocks, the effective rate the wheel sees is softer in the front than the rear. If you push down on any touring car you can feel this. Because the suspension of the A700 is identical front and rear, we run a higher spring rate in the rear to create the same kind of feel
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #3705
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
...
today was a GREAT day for Awesomatix here in ROAR Region 2. double tq (mod-1, 17.5-1,2,3) and double win (mod-1,4,6 and 17.5-1,2,6). this race had nearly all of the fast racers in the north east in attendance.
A personal thank you to both Larry Fairtrace (stock tq + win with a borrowed car) and Mike Gee (mod tq + win) for their efforts and skill today.
My congratulations for the winners and thanks to all Awesomatix drivers!
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10911 11-28-2016 07:09 AM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0