R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #3616
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it possible to use Goop instead of CA glue ???
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #3617
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Is it possible to use Goop instead of CA glue ???
If goop is similar to Shoe Goo, it might work. The spacing between P06 and the graphite is pretty tight, so you might not get much in there. Shoe Goo also tends to remain a little bit flexible, which means it might move a little bit during droop adjustment.

Ideally, Oleg and team will deliver on a statement made in the past (recommended by "can't remember") to make P06 square and the hole in the graphite to match. I'm sure it's forthcoming.

Ethan
Old 06-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #3618
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sorry, double post......
Old 06-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #3619
Tech Initiate

Hello, today i tried the new spur damper and have to say it works very good, the car feels smoother at accelerating and braking, i test it in modificated, also i test a setup from Mike Gee used at ROAR at Chesapeake, i like it a lot, as he says the car is very easy to drive, thanks Mike
Christian
osorron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #3620
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Christian -- i'm happy you've liked Mike Gee's setups. Here are a few racing updates from Saturday---

I've just posted two new setups from Gee after a club race yesterday at Middle River Hobbies/John's Mobile RC. Gee TQ and Won both the Modified and 17.5T class at his local track. Karl Hoffmeister took 2nd in Modified running his A700L with a Gee inspired setup.

I had a good weekend, qualifying 3rd but winning the 17.5T class at my local track, Jackson RC. I ran the same identical setup that I posted last week in order to understand the car's behavior during the heat of the day. The setup was loose during the day, but perfect when where ran the main under the lights.

Jake Danilchik qualified 2nd in Mod at the first leg of the NW Asphalt Challenge. Setup changes prior to the race cost him a higher finishing position as he was trying to deal with a very bumpy surface at Four Seasons Raceway.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #3621
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osorron View Post
Hello, today i tried the new spur damper and have to say it works very good, the car feels smoother at accelerating and braking, i test it in modificated, also i test a setup from Mike Gee used at ROAR at Chesapeake, i like it a lot, as he says the car is very easy to drive, thanks Mike
Christian
Thanks, glad to hear it works for you!

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #3622
Tech Initiate

hello Mike, as you car read i really like your setup, just one thing, you put 2mm over in the down stop distance, i dont understand how to measure it.
thanks
Christian
Old 06-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #3623
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What I do is first set the ride height, then I will set the droop screws so that when I lift up that end of the chassis, the ride height gauge will measure 2mm more than ride height when the droop screws touch (so if RH is 5, when at full droop it reads 7). I like to do it this way, because this way I set everything when the car is race ready. Most people in the US do it this way, its a hold over from foam tire racing

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #3624
Tech Initiate

thanks for your quick reply
Old 06-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #3625
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

New to modified, been spending the last three club meets working on it. It has been a nightmare but making progress bit by bit. Got a bumpy track, entering the sweeper at maybe 60mph. Want to carry the speed naturally into the bend. Tried a lot of different options but still there are many more to be explored, as always. Anyone tried the assymetric damping to get the car settled over the bumps?
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #3626
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
New to modified, been spending the last three club meets working on it. It has been a nightmare but making progress bit by bit. Got a bumpy track, entering the sweeper at maybe 60mph. Want to carry the speed naturally into the bend. Tried a lot of different options but still there are many more to be explored, as always. Anyone tried the assymetric damping to get the car settled over the bumps?
Haven't tried the asymmetric settings yet. However I did try the top plate cut in the "T" that Mike and others have mentioned. It made the car much better on a bumpy track. Was really a night and day kind of difference too as the car could hardly make a lap on our track without loosing the rear end. Ya gotta love the adjustability if this car..... its simply Awesome....
HawaiiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #3627
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
i'd recommend the shocks w/ the type 2 config -- and then applying large "A" and large "B" to remove the springy feel
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:47 AM   #3628
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guys. I already tried the deck, I think actually I might have been the first person to do this modification. I used it on the original A700 which had a solid bottom deck. It does definitely help settle the rear mid corner but created push in the sweeper with the new car cut chassis, with my setup. I eventually ended up with a floating solid deck using 6xST09. You get the initial flex which helps turn in and exit traction but as the deck locks out you keep the mid corner steering.

Mike yes I'm already there I found it a good approach to the setup. Will try assymetric in a couple weeks when I'm at the track. Rear only, front only then all round. Its something I always overlook when chasing setup.
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #3629
Tech Addict

Quote:
Will try assymetric in a couple weeks when I'm at the track. Rear only, front only then all round. Its something I always overlook when chasing setup.
The asymmetric front dampers ( at symmetric rear) should help on the bumpy track. Please try also softer springs settings + stiffer stabilizers.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #3630
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How exactly do you guys install the 'T' cut top deck.
Which screws do you use and you do so with the ST09 collars or without?

Thanks,
John
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote