R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 AM   #2596
Tech Rookie
 
wildrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by method699 View Post
hello,

i had a race today at longwy rc track...the track had a good gripp on it and a little bit bumpy on the straight..i'm on A700L version using the kit soft springs and dampers..and heard that those springs are made for asphalt..can someone help me out...

thanks.
First of all hello to everybody and great thanks to Oleg Babich, the car is a masterpiece!

Owning the new A700L and having first roll outs the car handles great and behaves very precise.

Concerning springs I agree to the question of method699...what springs are best to use for carpet / asphalt...I recognize improvement on carpet going harder and harder on soft kit-springs (currently A=6 rear / 5,6 front and B=0 front+rear, spring arr I front and rear) but I'm quite not shure if this isn't the wrong way and I'm wondering many of the setup sheets deal with much softer settings, but for me it's not clear which spring...

Info would be very nice...thanks in advance!

Best regards, Bernd
wildrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:21 AM   #2597
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by method699 View Post
hello,

i had a race today at longwy rc track...the track had a good gripp on it and a little bit bumpy on the straight..i'm on A700L version using the kit soft springs and dampers..and heard that those springs are made for asphalt..can someone help me out...

thanks.
There is almost no the difference in soft and standard springs in case of setting the same suspension rate value.
Please remember only that SPR01S soft springs have 67% of rate against the SPR01 standard spring and you must to multiply the value of suspension rate on 0.67 for soft springs in case of using our old editable setup sheet for A700 car.
So you can get our standard 65-75 gf/mm for front and 75-85 gf/mm for rear
with soft and with standard springs also but with different B-size setting.
Soft springs can get these values at SRS/RHS position I without necessity of switching to position II.

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 11-10-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #2598
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Oleg will you make SPR01S option to calculate 2/3 on editable PDF?

The calculation of wheel rate is extremely useful. It has helped me a lot when making adjustments
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:14 AM   #2599
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
There is not the difference in soft and standard springs in case of setting the same suspension rate value.
Please remember only that SPR01S soft springs have 67% of rate against the SPR01 standard spring and you must to multiply the value of suspension rate on 0.67 for soft springs in case of using our old editable setup sheet for A700 car.
So you can get our standard 65-75 gf/mm for front and 75-85 gf/mm for rear
with soft and with standard springs also but with different B-size setting.
Soft springs can get these values at SRS/RHS position I without necessity of switching to position II.
thanks Oleg, that makes it much clear for me now...
method699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #2600
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
Oleg will you make SPR01S option to calculate 2/3 on editable PDF?

The calculation of wheel rate is extremely useful. It has helped me a lot when making adjustments
We are going to introduce it now into new editable setup sheet.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #2601
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

I recommend this new editable setup sheet for A700L and A700EX cars:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/awes...tupSheetv2.pdf
Thanks to Arnaud and petitrc.com !
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #2602
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,863
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
I recommend this new editable setup sheet for A700L and A700EX cars:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/awes...tupSheetv2.pdf
Thanks to Arnaud and petitrc.com !
Oleg,

Check your emails.

Thanks
EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #2603
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dresden, germany
Posts: 56
Send a message via MSN to jontang001
Default

Hey guys
Can someone advise me that how to use "AM26" ?
I know it be use for rise the hight of the outside link but it is a little too high that I don't know how many spacers for the inner link?

And, can it be use at front?

Thanks for the help in advance!
__________________
TAMIYA TRF416, EVO5MS, TB03 FullOP
Schumacher Mi4LP, CAT SXII, Cougar
jontang001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #2604
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quick question now im running the original A700 and im running it in 17.5 boosted ....now the manual says the longitudinal is for 8.5t to 17.5t well im runnning boosted and need to fit a 108 spur on there but that only seems possible in the transverse format ......so is my only option to drop pinion size a lot or am i fine running 17.5 boosted in tranverse?.....thanks
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #2605
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,924
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Quick question now im running the original A700 and im running it in 17.5 boosted ....now the manual says the longitudinal is for 8.5t to 17.5t well im runnning boosted and need to fit a 108 spur on there but that only seems possible in the transverse format ......so is my only option to drop pinion size a lot or am i fine running 17.5 boosted in tranverse?.....thanks
Theatriks,

Are you using a 108 spur because that is all you have available to you ?? or do you want to run it in Transverse mode for other reasons ?

I ran a 4.5 turn motor in the a700L ( longitudinal only ) two weekends ago with a 97 spur and a 25 tooth pinion for a final drive ratio of 8.07. The motor mount on the L version is slightly different so I don't know if the clearance is any different between the A700 and the A700L but according to the manual a 98 tooth spur is the limit one can fit... so to answer your question. Yeah, best to get something smaller than 98 spur ( depending on what you need ) and get the appropriate range of pinions. ( The gear chart for longitudinal motor orientation is on page 42 in the manual. )

by the way, I didn't feel torque steer or anything odd that would stop me from running the L in mod on carpet or outdoor.

Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 11-12-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #2606
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
Theatriks,

You need to use a 108 spur because that is all you have available to you ?? or do you want to run it in Transverse mode for other reasons ?

I ran a 4.5 turn motor in the a700L ( longitudinal only ) two weekends ago with a 97 spur and a 25 tooth pinion for a final drive ratio of 8.07. The motor mount on the L version is slightly different so I don't know if the clearance is any different between the A700 and the A700L but according to the manual a 98 tooth spur is the limit one can fit... so to answer your question. Yeah, best to get something smaller than 98 spur ( depending on what you need ) and get the appropriate range of pinions. ( The gear chart for longitudinal motor orientation is on page 42 in the manual. )

by the way, I didn't feel torque steer or anything odd that would stop me from running the L in mod on carpet or outdoor.

Jake D.
hey Jake
It was fun watching you wheeling the A700L over the weekend...Good job
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #2607
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontang001 View Post
Hey guys
Can someone advise me that how to use "AM26" ?
I know it be use for rise the hight of the outside link but it is a little too high that I don't know how many spacers for the inner link?

And, can it be use at front?

Thanks for the help in advance!
We have added new setup from Viljami Kutvonen on our site:
http://awesomatix.com/download/

This is a good example of using AM26 and AM06S parts at high grip conditions.
The combination of AM26+AM06S provides the increased camber gain for rear suspension.
With AM26+AM06S you can get the enough level of camber gain even at very low roll center setting.

Due to unusual geometry of suspension I recommend to use any suitable roll center calculator for
estimation of the roll center position at using of our new optional parts.

Links for two suitable calculators that I have found on this forum:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43565480/RCRollCentre.zip
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43565480/RCRollCentreV162.zip

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 11-12-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:03 AM   #2608
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 30
Default Problems with spool-axle AT03

Hi,
last weekend we drove our A700 the first time. After two runs the car wasn´t driveable anymore.

This happend: the gearwheel of the spool was loose. Now it can be spinned around the axle by hand.

How can we fix this? Or is it a material defect, that cannot be fixed?

Thank you for your help.

Ronald
weber2406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #2609
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Is awesomatix still doing set up sheets for there original A700 .....i need a good 17.5 boosted carpet setup....anything would help thanks.
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #2610
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weber2406 View Post
....
This happend: the gearwheel of the spool was loose. Now it can be spinned around the axle by hand.
How can we fix this? Or is it a material defect, that cannot be fixed?
....
Ronald
This spool must be replaced for you free of charge.
You have possibility contact for replacement to the regional distributor or direct
to support@awesomatix.com

In case of this is new spool from A700L or EX kit you can fix the steel ring gear
by means of Loctite retaining compound ( Loctite 601, 603, 638, 640, 648 or analogs).
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:34 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0