Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 08-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok guys i just need to know if one of my front shocks has bit the dust....i have them both on the same settings and it should be firm but only one is firm like it should and one is super soft and its on a firm setting? is it shot or could it be something else ...i doubt it though
Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

do you need to have extensive knowledge of car setup to tune and find the right setup for this car? looking at a second hand one. Currently have a t3 12 and want something different but am unsure, do the setting changes you would make in a certain scenario on any other touring car apply to the A700? and is it worth waiting for the new upgraded kit to come out? The second hand one I'm looking at has allot of spares and is selling for about $100 australian more than a brand new kit.
thanks

Last edited by narcotiks; 08-08-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by narcotiks
do you need to have extensive knowledge of car setup to tune and find the right setup for this car? looking at a second hand one. Currently have a t3 12 and want something different but am unsure, do the setting changes you would make in a certain scenario on any other touring car apply to the A700? and is it worth waiting for the new upgraded kit to come out? The second hand one I'm looking at has allot of spares and is selling for about $100 australian more than a brand new kit.
thanks
If the used a700 is in good shape you wont be disappointed in this car and if he has lots of spares i would think its a good deal ...900 is a little steep for a used one i got mine used with lots of spares for 700 including shipping so i would try and talk him down a bit.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theatriks
If the used a700 is in good shape you wont be disappointed in this car and if he has lots of spares i would think its a good deal ...900 is a little steep for a used one i got mine used with lots of spares for 700 including shipping so i would try and talk him down a bit.
it looks to be in good shape. A brand new kit to buy right now(if they had stock) would be $690 aussie dollars. Can get it for 720 with spares, is it worth it?
i really like the car, i'm just unsure wether it will be that much better than the t3 12 and is worth buying when i already have a new car that works perfectly fine. A second hand chassis should always be sold less than the buying price, i always see the A700 selling second hand for the same price as a brand new one haha!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

its a hot car right now a lot of people want one and the fact that there out of stock drive the used price up a bit ....but for example the kit brand new cost 800 canadian and change...i paid 700 canadian with lots of spares for my used one so like i said i would try to bargain with him but i have heard of people paying top dollar for used ones just because there not availible at the moment....once the kit is availible from oleg im sure the used prices will drop.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks
I don't think it's a difficult car to setup, mine was handling pretty good the moment I put it on the track. It reacts the same to setup changes as every other car, setup is a math/physics thing and that's something which is the same for every one.
Of course some cars react better to a certain change then others, but I think the A700 reacts pretty good to setup changes. Every change I made so far made a difference which was noticeable.

Personally I would wait for the new kit, I talked to Oleg at the worlds and it shouldn't take that long before the new kits become available. Also the changes made are big enough to prefer a new kit if you ask me.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I don't think it's a difficult car to setup, mine was handling pretty good the moment I put it on the track. It reacts the same to setup changes as every other car, setup is a math/physics thing and that's something which is the same for every one.
Of course some cars react better to a certain change then others, but I think the A700 reacts pretty good to setup changes. Every change I made so far made a difference which was noticeable.

Personally I would wait for the new kit, I talked to Oleg at the worlds and it shouldn't take that long before the new kits become available. Also the changes made are big enough to prefer a new kit if you ask me.
thats great thanks for the info!
i dont have a very good setup knowledge and just don't want to find myself stuck with no idea what to change.

i would like a new one,Are there going to be quite a few new parts in the new kit that haven't been mention here?
Will it be the same price as the current A700?
The kit right now brand new is about 700 aussie dollars, how much would a good inventory of spares be on top of that? would rather make a big order with car and enough spares for ages and not have to frequently order parts from europe paying shipping each time, and to have a spare of the essential parts on a race day.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats great thanks for the info!
i dont have a very good setup knowledge and just don't want to find myself stuck with no idea what to change.

i would like a new one,Are there going to be quite a few new parts in the new kit that haven't been mention here?
Will it be the same price as the current A700?
The kit right now brand new is about 700 aussie dollars, how much would a good inventory of spares be on top of that? would rather make a big order with car and enough spares for ages and not have to frequently order parts from europe paying shipping each time, and to have a spare of the essential parts on a race day.
The only thing which is important is to be very accurate with the build and the moment you make setup changes. When you adjust your rear camber for example, the toe/alignment will change as well, so this need to be re adjusted.
If you don't have a very good setup knowledge yet you can just focus on alignment, changing springs/damping, anti-rollbars and diffs for example. All the reactive caster, anti effects and such you can leave those for what they are because those are more for fine tuning if you ask me.
If you have the Hudy setup guide it shouldn't be difficult to get the car to handle like you want it to.

I will ask Oleg if I'm allowed to post further info about the new kit, since we spoke privately I'm not sure if I can post all the details yet. Maybe he wants to have everything announced in a press release first.

Regarding the spares, I can't comment on which parts break/ are vulnerable on the car since I haven't crashed it yet.
Personally I would get the following spares:

-Spare set of bearings
-One complete front driveshaft
-One complete rear driveshaft
-Mainshaft
-Two lower wishbones
-Plastic ballcups
-Spare diff maybe, also easy for setup

It also depends I think on which class you will be running. I'm running 13.5 blinky (ETS setup) so the car hardly wears at all. I'm pretty sure I can run the car for an entire season without replacing a single part. When you will be running modified you might want a entire spare drivetrain, but I'm not sure about that.

In terms of part quality, there is simply nothing which can match this car. The gear differential should be exhibited in some kind of engineering art gallery.

Last edited by DS Motorsport; 08-08-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The only thing which is important is to be very accurate with the build and the moment you make setup changes. When you adjust your rear camber for example, the toe/alignment will change as well, so this need to be re adjusted.
If you don't have a very good setup knowledge yet you can just focus on alignment, changing springs/damping, anti-rollbars and diffs for example. All the reactive caster, anti effects and such you can leave those for what they are because those are more for fine tuning if you ask me.
If you have the Hudy setup guide it shouldn't be difficult to get the car to handle like you want it to.

I will ask Oleg if I'm allowed to post further info about the new kit, since we spoke privately I'm not sure if I can post all the details yet. Maybe he wants to have everything announced in a press release first.

Regarding the spares, I can't comment on which parts break/ are vulnerable on the car since I haven't crashed it yet.
Personally I would get the following spares:

-Spare set of bearings
-One complete front driveshaft
-One complete rear driveshaft
-Mainshaft
-Two lower wishbones
-Plastic ballcups
-Spare diff maybe, also easy for setup

It also depends I think on which class you will be running. I'm running 13.5 blinky (ETS setup) so the car hardly wears at all. I'm pretty sure I can run the car for an entire season without replacing a single part. When you will be running modified you might want a entire spare drivetrain, but I'm not sure about that.

In terms of part quality, there is simply nothing which can match this car. The gear differential should be exhibited in some kind of engineering art gallery.
Okay so it isnt THAT different from a normal touring car. I guess the fine tuning comes once a good base setup is found by playing with the tuning settings, correct? i have the setup system and guide and martin crisp's iphone app.

Thanks that would be great! I'm keen to know whats in the new car and a rough estimate of cost
Will it be coming out in few weeks?
I would be using it for 21.5 boosted to begin with(similar speed to 13.5 blink) and then 13.5 boosted not too far ahead.
The parts look killer ! i went through JD & racing blog's build photos and you can really see the quality in the parts.

Last edited by narcotiks; 08-08-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

So im hearing all this mumbo jumbo about when oleg starts having the kits availible again thats its gonna be new and improved ....now im sure its fine but i just wanna double check that any of the new parts are compatible with the original kit.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hopefully, the press release for the new/updated kit is being finalized and made public soon.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John.C
Hopefully, the press release for the new/updated kit is being finalized and made public soon.
Ray K will on cloud 9.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Ray K will on cloud 9.
It's never too late to change out the VBC car Brian. J/K ofcourse! In addition to Ray I think we'll be seeing another drive making the switch soon. *cough* Manny *cough*
Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

It's never too late to change out the VBC car Brian. J/K ofcourse! In addition to Ray I think we'll be seeing another drive making the switch soon. *cough* Manny *cough*
Lol. I normally went thru a lot of different touring cars when I ran before so I'm trying not to do that again but I still wouldn't mind a 417x but I know like always they have another one right around the corner so I will hold off. Like the TA06 on a graphite chassis from Exotek or VBC looks kinda cool as well.

I like the car but is a little out of my reach at this time but it truely is an awesome looking car. Your car is awesome for sure.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

just hope the price increased today won't be the real price, 671 euros (and 589 before)

http://shop.awesomatix.com/index.php...product&did=34

and the price of all parts increased of 14%

Last edited by Nico'; 08-15-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.