R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #2146
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I had also some minor problems with the steering rack

I made a collar from brass which goes all the way through the rear bearing, making direct contact with AM10, unlike the original part, with two flats so you can grip it with a 5.5mm spanner. Now I can tighten so the collar does not slip, but the bearing itself is not under tension

Sanded the upper bearing surfaces on AM10 with 400 grit (upside down on paper) to help prevent slippage

Did you try one extra black outer spring on Tamiya servo saver? (4 springs). Saver is very rigid, feels like there isn't one, but all good in crashes, so simple to do, there is no need for even another brand of saver

Nothing has moved since I did this, not once has it needed further adjustment, and this was more than 5 months ago. 100% reliable now

Here is a photo of the added saver spring and brass collar

Forgot to say I lowered AM10 by adding 0.5mm shims under bulkhead to allow a thicker top on the collar for reliability, I snapped top of the original in 3 days from mew

Last edited by hana166; 10-11-2013 at 11:48 PM.
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #2147
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

awesomatix thread belongs on the front page bump
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #2148
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hey i bought a ball diff and the manual calls for 5 bearings to be used and i only got four .....soooo am i on my own for this bearing or did i get screwed from the factory.
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #2149
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Hey i bought a ball diff and the manual calls for 5 bearings to be used and i only got four .....soooo am i on my own for this bearing or did i get screwed from the factory.
Ball diff set BD1 includes 3 ball bearings and 1 thrust bearing:
B85 - 1pcs
B74RS - 2 pcs
TB38M - 1 pcs

It assumes than you must take two B106RS bearings from your gear diff.
Oleg Babich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #2150
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Beyond watching the A700s at the Reedy Race International Race of Champions on LIVERC.com - you should check out the invite and mod class. LIVE video and race info. Just started the first day of qualifying.

I have met all of the A700 drivers - guys are working with their cars well. Hoping to see a few in the top 10 in several of the classes.

My car is starting to come in. Had a little issue with traffic in 17.5 but confident that I can keep putting in solid runs.

Currently 12th in 17.5 and 15th in 13.5.

Fingers crossed. Thanks to Oleg and Freddy for the email support.

__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #2151
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Beyond watching the A700s at the Reedy Race International Race of Champions on LIVERC.com - you should check out the invite and mod class. LIVE video and race info. Just started the first day of qualifying.

I have met all of the A700 drivers - guys are working with their cars well. Hoping to see a few in the top 10 in several of the classes.

My car is starting to come in. Had a little issue with traffic in 17.5 but confident that I can keep putting in solid runs.

Currently 12th in 17.5 and 15th in 13.5.

Fingers crossed. Thanks to Oleg and Freddy for the email support.

Good luck, guys!
Oleg Babich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #2152
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
Ball diff set BD1 includes 3 ball bearings and 1 thrust bearing:
B85 - 1pcs
B74RS - 2 pcs
TB38M - 1 pcs

It assumes than you must take two B106RS bearings from your gear diff.
Gotcha thanks oleg ......mine came with 2-7 x 4 bearings ....2-8x5 and a thrust bearing
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #2153
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,100
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ball diff

Today I tried the ball diff.
I am actually quite impressed by the performance.
Car had a tad more grip coming out of the corners, did not show any lack of bite exiting the corners and remained consistant through the run.
It is now nicely broken-in and it feels even smoother than freshly built.
Stil no signs of slippage.

John
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #2154
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I too was impressed with it. But my lap time says something else. What is your experience ?

Last edited by hana166; 05-27-2012 at 08:44 AM.
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:54 AM   #2155
Tech Apprentice
 
ropezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milan, ITALY
Posts: 73
Default

Raced yesterday in 10.5 stock class, with foam tyres on asphalt outdoor track.
Brilliant handling of the car supported by awesome motor power and great feel with ESC.
TQ, fastest lap of the day and won all three of the finals.
I'd like to post my set up for anyone who is interested at this configuration.
Race link: http://www.automodelli.it/forum/topi...22&whichpage=8

Last edited by ropezz; 05-28-2012 at 04:51 PM.
ropezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #2156
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,437
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know whether a 77T 64 pitch spur gear is made which fits the Awesomatix car?

For the class I'm going to run we need to gear the car to a 4.0 FDR.
I'm trying to come as close as possible to this and keeping the motor moved to the center as much as possible.
A 40/77 ratio will give a an exact 4.0 FDR and has the motor moved inboard as much as possible.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #2157
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Does anyone know whether a 77T 64 pitch spur gear is made which fits the Awesomatix car?

For the class I'm going to run we need to gear the car to a 4.0 FDR.
I'm trying to come as close as possible to this and keeping the motor moved to the center as much as possible.
A 40/77 ratio will give a an exact 4.0 FDR and has the motor moved inboard as much as possible.
I ran 4.07 last year with 86/44

I suggest calling Neil at RW Racing +44 23 9258 8001

http://www.rwracing.co.uk/contact.html

Standard spur fits perfectly, black or white

Spurs are machined delrin, great quality

Hope he can help

Last edited by hana166; 05-30-2012 at 03:51 AM.
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #2158
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,437
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
I ran 4.07 last year with 86/44

I suggest calling Neil at RW Racing +44 23 9258 8001

http://www.rwracing.co.uk/contact.html

Standard spur fits perfectly, black or white

Spurs are machined delrin, great quality

Hope he can help
Thanks for the tip, I will contact them.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #2159
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Oleg,

Is there a wider hex version of AT13, something to add width to the car? I know I can use wheel spacers, I'm asking for another reason.

Thanks,
Ethan
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #2160
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
Oleg,

Is there a wider hex version of AT13, something to add width to the car? I know I can use wheel spacers, I'm asking for another reason.

Thanks,
Ethan
Ethan,
There isn't wider version of AT13 hex now.
Do you have any reasons for it instead of wheel spacers?
Oleg Babich is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0