R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #2041
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

If the Xray drivers aren't bright enough to make these calculations/decisions for themselves that right there is an indication they should stick with Xray

Makes for an easy life, I don't spend all day rebuilding shocks, re-tweaking when all I want to do is change the spur, paying silly money for upgrades..and crashes..hopefully thats all in the past now. I'm more than happy for others to spend their money with Xray, means I don't get asked any questions at the track

Sorry just too old and cynical
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #2042
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,864
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Just for comparison.

I have had a few people ask me about the cost and equipment comparison of the A700 to other cars, more often for the XRAY 2012.

Both cars are very different but for the sole purpose of price comparison - to get the same car as Kunak ran at ETS would roughly cost $818.45.

It might be +/- $25-50 but at least if provides a ball park.

You can see the feature that XRAY did on the car here.

Detailed price breakdown attached.
Your calculations are wrong there Mark. The lower Orange shock retainers are much more than 8.95 for 4! LOL

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #2043
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Your calculations are wrong there Mark. The lower Orange shock retainers are much more than 8.95 for 4! LOL

EA
And where can I get ECS's for 17.95??? I just paid $90 for a set of 50mm ones
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #2044
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Your calculations are wrong there Mark. The lower Orange shock retainers are much more than 8.95 for 4! LOL

EA
I tried to look up each part number; some of the 'O' part numbers are too new I guess for search online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
And where can I get ECS's for 17.95??? I just paid $90 for a set of 50mm ones
I was giving the ETS setup the benefit of the doubt. That was the only part # that Xray listed in the breakdown. Just the part of the ECS I guess. So the +/- figure is definitely in the more category. I got a used Xray with the ECS so I don't know - the 2012 doesn't come with ECS?
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #2045
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,864
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
I tried to look up each part number; some of the 'O' part numbers are too new I guess for search online.



I was giving the ETS setup the benefit of the doubt. That was the only part # that Xray listed in the breakdown. Just the part of the ECS I guess. So the +/- figure is definitely in the more category. I got a used Xray with the ECS so I don't know - the 2012 doesn't come with ECS?
I think the shock retainers are around 25-30.00. The ECS do not come with a car. Only to normal steel front axles. ECS are normally 40-50.00 each.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #2046
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
If the Xray drivers aren't bright enough to make these calculations/decisions for themselves that right there is an indication they should stick with Xray

Makes for an easy life, I don't spend all day rebuilding shocks, re-tweaking when all I want to do is change the spur, paying silly money for upgrades..and crashes..hopefully thats all in the past now. I'm more than happy for others to spend their money with Xray, means I don't get asked any questions at the track

Sorry just too old and cynical
These were largely folks that we shopping for a new kit. They knew I tried the Xray, 417 and A700 - they wanted to know what I thought.

You can do a lot with the Xray with spacers and springs. Tamiya - there are springs, blocks, split blocks that can drive some costs.

If I wasn't driving an A700 - I know that there are two (maybe more) totally capable cars in my arsenal that have the springs, blocks, split block, spacers, top deck, flex chassis, spools, diffs, spliffs, shocks, rebuild kits and enough arms, hubs, knuckles....

That just gave me a headache. I need to have a garage sale!
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #2047
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,012
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Kunak ran at ETS would roughly cost $818.45.
+$35
You left off the Side Piece Racing Nikita Outdrives
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #2048
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,335
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

+80-90USD you left out the 2mm chassis plate.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #2049
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
These were largely folks that we shopping for a new kit. They knew I tried the Xray, 417 and A700 - they wanted to know what I thought.

You can do a lot with the Xray with spacers and springs. Tamiya - there are springs, blocks, split blocks that can drive some costs.

If I wasn't driving an A700 - I know that there are two (maybe more) totally capable cars in my arsenal that have the springs, blocks, split block, spacers, top deck, flex chassis, spools, diffs, spliffs, shocks, rebuild kits and enough arms, hubs, knuckles....

That just gave me a headache. I need to have a garage sale!
Fully agree. My garage sale is in progress right now. Sorry for the cynicism. But they're asking you because they're competitive..and its easier to do it on your back. Lie to them !
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #2050
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,803
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, got done putting the car all together and wanting to know- Can you adjust toe-in/toe-out on this car? Is the kit setup built with toe-in?

MDawson...u will have PM soon
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #2051
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,803
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
Fully agree. My garage sale is in progress right now. Sorry for the cynicism. But they're asking you because they're competitive..and its easier to do it on your back. Lie to them !
Cynical indeed....bravo mate!! LOL
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #2052
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,864
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
+80-90USD you left out the 2mm chassis plate.
He ran stock top deck and chassis.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #2053
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
These were largely folks that we shopping for a new kit. They knew I tried the Xray, 417 and A700 - they wanted to know what I thought.

You can do a lot with the Xray with spacers and springs. Tamiya - there are springs, blocks, split blocks that can drive some costs.

If I wasn't driving an A700 - I know that there are two (maybe more) totally capable cars in my arsenal that have the springs, blocks, split block, spacers, top deck, flex chassis, spools, diffs, spliffs, shocks, rebuild kits and enough arms, hubs, knuckles....

That just gave me a headache. I need to have a garage sale!
Do you mean the dampering system in A700 can be adjust (no coompnents change) performed like the traditional damper change of different coil weight & oil weight ? So, no extra different weight of oil & coil is need for A700 ?
mos-leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #2054
Tech Apprentice
 
Damon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florence, Italy
Posts: 87
Default

exactly, only a 1.5mm hex driver and the damper gauge (supplied in the box) and you can forget everything else
__________________
Awesomatix A800
Awesomatix A800AH
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #2055
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos-leung View Post
Do you mean the dampering system in A700 can be adjust (no coompnents change) performed like the traditional damper change of different coil weight & oil weight ? So, no extra different weight of oil & coil is need for A700 ?
The dampener has been designed around the optimal spring rates/dampening rates of several of the leading TCs.

The dampener comes prebuilt from the factory with no need to change oils, pistons or traditional shock compoenents. There is a spring blade that with different positioning and tension will provide variable spring rates. You never have to rebuild the dampener.

Play with the setup sheet on the Awesomatix site and you will see the type of adjustability in the dampener package. This was one of the strong areas of the car for me.
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0