R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #2011
Tech Rookie
 
KRYS06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18
Default

hi freddy, congratulations for your race at STE.
i drive A700 in france, it's really a great chassis !
i see you change for assymetric front and symetric rear make the car lot better over bump and before this you were all asymetric or symetric ?
thanks
KRYS06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #2012
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,639
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Get them next time Freddy.....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #2013
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,891
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff View Post
Okay, I hope I can practice soon outdoor. Will test than both I forgot to say that with the ride tires we used a longer wheelbase. Instead of 4-5 rear "caster" we ran 0-2 which made the car a lot more easy and less edgy to drive :-)
Did the Ride tend to understeer or oversteer?
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #2014
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,863
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Did the Ride tend to understeer or oversteer?
I tested here before I left and they had very good forward traction compared to Jaco but way less steering. They are taller and have harder inserts and more air gap.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #2015
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
THE AWESOMATIX A700 HAS ALOT MORE POTENTIAL FOLKS!
GET IT TOGETHER FREDDY ! YOU REPRESENT THE WHOLE WORLD OF SHAFT CAR RACERS !!!!!! YOU DON'T WANT TO PISS OFF THE RUSSIAN'S ....LOL......
Oh joys this idiot is back...
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #2016
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff View Post
I also think that it's for sure more than stupid to use 3,5T motors. Nobody can handle it with the modern LiPo and no tire will be strong enough whatever belt or shaft drive ...
For the tourque steer I can only say that it really depends on the carpet/ track but I normally never feel any problem while accelerate...

I just came back from the ETS race. The track was large and very bumpy, also some tape and small holes made it in the end very hard to drive.
Bad driving and no luck dropped me down to 4th. But we learned a lot about the car with the ride tires and I am really happy in the end. :-)

The only problem was the first lap in the finals. I didn't get the tires temperature up and the result was huge understeer for the first corners. In the last final I tried tire warmes and the car was much better than.

I think Oleg will post the setup on the Awesomatix page and here. I don't have the possibility to reduce the size of the pdf...

I drove the standard kit, with just the ball bearings blades as an option part.
We found out that asymetric front and symetric rear shock mode made the car a lot better over bumps. But we are working hard on solutions for the future :-)

Freddy
Good job on the ETS race, certainly going to be interested to see what you guys can come up with for outdoors, although the worlds is going to be interesting with two sets, no additive or warmers...yikes!

Cheers
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #2017
Tech Regular
 
MaxRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 418
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Video for you Korgae

Korgae,

Thought you would enjoy this and for all who want to see the A700 in action up in Canada on a bumpy track. Here you go!

Superstock
http://youtu.be/bG9sW__MK4w

centre of track
http://youtu.be/PMKB3MTbG20

Stock
http://youtu.be/2DACgsL4eL4
__________________
Gordon
Stock Car - Xray T3, Modified Car - Xray T4 '14; Xray X1; Tamiya M-06
My Youtube Channel: search "CARCAR videos" or follow this link https://youtu.be/owXBpsQkyjE
Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #2018
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,891
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

For Ed....

(x) LIKE
(x) ACTIVATED IGNORE FEATURE
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●

Last edited by MDawson; 04-16-2012 at 08:51 PM.
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #2019
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,639
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Tough contested Racing, but good Performance !
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #2020
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 776
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
Some recommendation for current gears:
1. Reducing of clearance between G01 and G02 gears by means of ~0.2mm grinding of AM13 face that connects to AM02 part.
Use SB3x5 screw with thread lock for fine adjustment of gears clearance ( p.16 of the Instruction).
For what it's worth, and to save others time and effort, I took off about ~0.2mm as described above. While it did help fix the gear lash issue, along with shimming G02 forward, it had the negative side effect of moving G01 too far towards the center of the car, and now am13 blocks the center shaft from being installed.

To get around this, I've shimmed it back out about 0.1mm, and took about 0.2mm off of am13 where G01/ST06 mounts (now at ~2.8mm). The gear lash is now near zero, and significantly quieter (on the bench). Another interesting thing is that spinning the gears backwards they are nearly inaudible. So I think if the curve in the gears were the other direction it would go quite a ways towards minimizing noise. The real key to getting it quiet is getting as much of the lash out as possible, while at the same time ensuring the gears line up with each other. If G02 is shimmed forward too far or not far enough it'll cause the corner right angle to be off. Hard to explain, but below the vertical bar represents G01 and horizonal underscores and hyphens represent G02 while looking from above. Even a .1mm difference can make a sizable change in noise.

Code:
|            
|____  <-- correct

|
|----- <-- not correct
NOW, the spur gear is moved far enough towards the center of the chassis that the spur gear nearly hits the chassis, so I've opened up that hole just a little bit.

Another interesting thing that I came across is that instead of using a button head into ST06, I've used a countersunk screw (like SF3x5) and you can tighten it all the way down without needing lock tight. Nearly no slop in the gear, spins free and no need for shimming up a crush collar inside G01.
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #2021
Tech Regular
 
MaxRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 418
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRain View Post
Korgae,

Thought you would enjoy this and for all who want to see the A700 in action up in Canada on a bumpy track. Here you go!

Superstock
http://youtu.be/bG9sW__MK4w

centre of track
http://youtu.be/PMKB3MTbG20

Stock
http://youtu.be/2DACgsL4eL4
Forgot to mention that Korgae is the all black car
__________________
Gordon
Stock Car - Xray T3, Modified Car - Xray T4 '14; Xray X1; Tamiya M-06
My Youtube Channel: search "CARCAR videos" or follow this link https://youtu.be/owXBpsQkyjE
Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #2022
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Freddy's ETS Poland setup is on our site now:
http://awesomatix.com/download/
Thank you, Freddy, for very promising result!
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #2023
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
Freddy's ETS Poland setup is on our site now:
http://awesomatix.com/download/
Thank you, Freddy, for very promising result!
Hey oleg I sent you money on friday still no email back or shipping info.....how long does this take ?????????
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #2024
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
For what it's worth, and to save others time and effort, I took off about ~0.2mm as described above. While it did help fix the gear lash issue, along with shimming G02 forward, it had the negative side effect of moving G01 too far towards the center of the car, and now am13 blocks the center shaft from being installed.

To get around this, I've shimmed it back out about 0.1mm, and took about 0.2mm off of am13 where G01/ST06 mounts (now at ~2.8mm). The gear lash is now near zero, and significantly quieter (on the bench). Another interesting thing is that spinning the gears backwards they are nearly inaudible. So I think if the curve in the gears were the other direction it would go quite a ways towards minimizing noise. The real key to getting it quiet is getting as much of the lash out as possible, while at the same time ensuring the gears line up with each other. If G02 is shimmed forward too far or not far enough it'll cause the corner right angle to be off. Hard to explain, but below the vertical bar represents G01 and horizonal underscores and hyphens represent G02 while looking from above. Even a .1mm difference can make a sizable change in noise.

Code:
|            
|____  <-- correct

|
|----- <-- not correct
NOW, the spur gear is moved far enough towards the center of the chassis that the spur gear nearly hits the chassis, so I've opened up that hole just a little bit.

Another interesting thing that I came across is that instead of using a button head into ST06, I've used a countersunk screw (like SF3x5) and you can tighten it all the way down without needing lock tight. Nearly no slop in the gear, spins free and no need for shimming up a crush collar inside G01.
Good work. I'll bear this in mind next time I go transverse
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #2025
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Hey oleg I sent you money on friday still no email back or shipping info.....how long does this take ?????????
Please inform me your order No.

If it is 1000421, your parcel was sent already but we get Air Mail tracking info later than from EMS or TNT.

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 04-17-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0