Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erchn
Well that's two people telling me to run more droop and I had planned on running lighter oil and softer springs.

I thought moving to 4° caster in the rear really woke the car up, but that was 5 settings sheets ago, haha, so I'll give that a shot if I feel like it's unstable.

I've already replaced it with a Kimbrough saver (#201), if that's acting up or my car is pushy I'll try a solid horn.

As always the obvious thing is the last to occur to me, I need a lot more track time and experimentation to figure Sputnik here out. The best advice (only advice?) is from two guys who have tested quite a bit, so that's quite telling. ;-)

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the help.
Ethan
If there was a LIKE box for 'Sputnik'.

My are MIG and CRAZY IVAN. Wasn't creative enough at the time. My racing cohorts however have used every line from every movie that had some Russian reference. Down to a last lap call, 'bring it home to the motherland'.

No likes having an MIG chase them.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
If there was a LIKE box for 'Sputnik'.

My are MIG and CRAZY IVAN. Wasn't creative enough at the time. My racing cohorts however have used every line from every movie that had some Russian reference. Down to a last lap call, 'bring it home to the motherland'.

No likes having an MIG chase them.
I wish I could take credit, a friend of mine called her Sputnik, and it stuck. Yes, I get all those lines as well. Most of the comments though are in the form of "your car isn't ready to race, missing shock towers comrade". People are "funny" sometimes.

E
Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erchn
Have you used the grease technique before, or just guessing?
Good to know, maybe I'll try the saver from my '11 kit, I think it's slightly smaller diameter. Thanks again.
Hey Ethan,

Yes, just a guess. I've greased and or oiled the Tamiya servo savers as I was instructed long ago but that was upon the initial build , not rebuilding it. My first experience with one failing ( not centering ) was the first Reedy race I attended. It really ruined my qualifiers because I didn't figure it out until later. Suffice it to say I've not used one since, except on the A700. Not long ago I started having the centering issue so I quickly replaced it with the Xray and haven't looked back.
I'm betting Hana has it right and just re-greasing it wouldn't work.

I haven't put the car down on asphalt yet ( still raining in Seattle ), so I cannot give any advice. The little test time I get is on carpet two evening races a month and one weekend race.

I went to the Roar Nats ( the only A700 there ) and was on pace to put it in the A in stock ( 8th after the third round ) but had some bad luck in my 2nd and 4th qualifiers ( had I known about using zip ties on P01 and P02 things would have been different ! ). Held my 12th qualifying spot until 3 laps from the end when I got greedy trying to catch first. I was not satisfied being in the B at all, but I shouldn't have given away what I had. Oh well. So....The Reedy race cannot come soon enough ! I look forward to meeting you.

Mark, are you going to the Reedy Race ? The Northwest contingent is quite good..... I read about your proposed wager...... how about NorthEast VS NorthWest ?

p.s. the name of my baby is "la Femme Nikita "

Jake D.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Mark, are you going to the Reedy Race ? The Northwest contingent is quite good..... I read about your proposed wager...... how about NorthEast VS NorthWest ?

p.s. the name of my baby is "la Femme Nikita "

Jake D.
90% of the ROAR Nats 17.5 TC A-Main was NE! So far, no takers on the regional challenge.

LIKE the name!

Will be attending Reedy. Arriving on Wednesday. Classes so far are 17.5/13.5. Depending on how testing goes at Blue Diamond http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X6BRLIiOCs&sns=em and Jackson RC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_v2gsGnCV4 I might opt to adjust in Mod.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

90% of the ROAR Nats 17.5 TC A-Main was NE! So far, no takers on the regional challenge.

LIKE the name!

Will be attending Reedy. Arriving on Wednesday. Classes so far are 17.5/13.5. Depending on how testing goes at Blue Diamond http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X6BRLIiOCs&sns=em and Jackson RC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_v2gsGnCV4 I might opt to adjust in Mod.
I was talking about the Roar Carpet Nats in Texas last month. My bud Kody was TQ in stock, he's the guy always passing me in the video's I've posted here The guy who won works at Mike's hobby shop in Texas.. Thats 20% right there !
You must be talking about the Roar Asphalt Nats ?
Anyway, great, it will be good to meet you. I guess you lived in Seattle for a bit, a few of the guys have mentioned you.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I was talking about the Roar Carpet Nats in Texas last month. My bud Kody was TQ in stock, he's the guy always passing me in the video's I've posted here The guy who won works at Mike's hobby shop.. Thats 20% right there !
You must be talking about the Roar Asphalt Nats ?
Anyway, great, it will be good to meet you. I guess you lived in Seattle for a bit, a few of the guys have mentioned your name.
Peter, Arvin, Korey, Andrew and others - had some great times in Seattle. Some solid racing up there.

Say Hi when you get to Reedy. Happy to help if you need it.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Peter, Arvin, Korey, Andrew and others - had some great times in Seattle. Some solid racing up there.

Say Hi when you get to Reedy. Happy to help if you need it.
For sure !

p.s. sorry to all for the personal stuff... back to the originally programmed material
Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hi All,

Just attaching the copy of the latest running from this weekend. Having had a few weeks off since TITC, time to get back into driving again, so I headed to the local indoor asphalt track.

I started out with an adaptation of my TITC settings, but with much softer roll bars all round. Car worked well, but seemed to be missing something, and was crashing over the bumps a bit. No real vices, but didn't feel fast... so took it back to the pits and decided to stick on Steen's settings (or as close as I could get) from the last ETS..
Well, that made a massive difference. Car was much better over the bumps, but with such softer dampers it was really stopping in the middle of the corner.

Next few runs had a play around with the dampers and springs, trying harder damper and spring, as well as Asym and Sym. Overall, the spring rate seems to be good, but the damping needed to go up, and I tried going as far as I could without altering the spring (so 3mm out on A from Steen's). This was too far, so backed it down to 2mm out, and that felt pretty good. However, the car still had a tendancy to over-rotate mid-corner if I got aggressive on entry, so wasn't so consistent.
On the Asym and Sym comparison, the asym felt really not nice to drive, really initially reactive, but then completely numb... it was so bad I pulled the car off the track after 2mins to put the sym back on!

I switched out tyres from 28's to 32's at the end of the day to try and have representative few runs on tyres similar to what I'll use next weekend... surprisingly the car felt pretty good, although could do with softer damping now, and the over rotate tendancy was still there. Also, given the low temps (~8°C!) the tyres took quite a while to heat up, but once they were there, and I got my head round driving it, popped in a series of laps with a fastest of 11.9, and a average of 12.1... so again, pretty consistent runs, which I'm happy with. Car was much more compliant over the bumps and ripples, actually felt like for the first time that it was riding rather than smacking them. Big improvement for sure.

Anyway, by that time it had got quite late, so left on my list for next weekend are to try a slightly softer rear spring, more rear camber, and overall lower damping/spring, to try and get the heat generated quicker. We'll see how it goes then... hopefully can get a decent run in, and even if the traction is super high I know that they'll be no hint of traction roll for me

Regards
Ed
Hi Ed:
may i know where can I get your setting of TITC? also, have you tried ran A700 with front gear diff.? how it's going on? Thank you and sorry to trouble you

regards
Sean
Old 04-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I could get a NIB A700? Oleg says it will be two months before more are available. Thanks!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sean. S
Hi Ed:
may i know where can I get your setting of TITC? also, have you tried ran A700 with front gear diff.? how it's going on? Thank you and sorry to trouble you

regards
Sean
Here you go, posted it in this thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/10403934-post1684.html

I haven't tested a front gear diff yet, although I do have one ready to go with 500k in the pit box. However, so far, haven't felt the need to use it, mainly as I haven't been on a track tight enough to warrant it. The car has plenty of steering, and using the diff will reduce drive off the corner... Still will try it some-point soon.

Regards
Ed
Old 04-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimmyMontoya
Does anyone know where I could get a NIB A700? Oleg says it will be two months before more are available. Thanks!!!
Try calling Lou's speedway in Canada.. I think they might have one for sale there and sorry I don't know the number....
Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by frank b
Try calling Lou's speedway in Canada.. I think they might have one for sale there and sorry I don't know the number....
Thanks frank b I called them they are all out. Anyone else?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

LRP TCM 2012 setup from Freddy Südhoff is on our site now:
http://awesomatix.com/download/
Old 04-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys newbie question here but im used to shock oil weight and spring rates.....but never used gf/mm just wondering if theres a conversion chart out there to make it easier for me to set up these shocks....thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Hey guys newbie question here but im used to shock oil weight and spring rates.....but never used gf/mm just wondering if theres a conversion chart out there to make it easier for me to set up these shocks....thanks

gf/mm*.056 = lb/in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.