R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 AM   #1831
Tech Addict
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 633
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is anybody using the ball differential?

I find it very hard to setup... The conception seems perfect but in fact, this is really hard for me to know if i'm in "Setup mode" (with the outdrive pressed) or in "Normal mode" (with the outdrive normal)

I would try to fill the ball diff with silicone oil, just as the gear diff... But in this configuration it is very hard to keep it from slipping...

Any advice on that?

Thanks
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #1832
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Is anybody using the ball differential?

I find it very hard to setup... The conception seems perfect but in fact, this is really hard for me to know if i'm in "Setup mode" (with the outdrive pressed) or in "Normal mode" (with the outdrive normal)

I would try to fill the ball diff with silicone oil, just as the gear diff... But in this configuration it is very hard to keep it from slipping...

Any advice on that?

Thanks
It took me a couple of times to build the unit. I am about a 1/4 turn from full lock. I used 10wt oil - just enough viscosity to keep the unit under fluid. Doesn't take a lot of oil.

I have about 20 runs on the diff without a any further adjustment or maintenance.

The best advice is to follow the instructions to the letter. There is no trick to it.
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #1833
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Cool as usual post of JD concerning our new BC1 - Battery Clamps Set:
JD RACING BLOG



Link to this product in our web shop: http://shop.awesomatix.com/index.php?productID=848
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #1834
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Is anybody using the ball differential?

I find it very hard to setup... The conception seems perfect but in fact, this is really hard for me to know if i'm in "Setup mode" (with the outdrive pressed) or in "Normal mode" (with the outdrive normal)

I would try to fill the ball diff with silicone oil, just as the gear diff... But in this configuration it is very hard to keep it from slipping...

Any advice on that?

Thanks
It did take a while to get it right. I assembled dry and it was quite notchy, so I changed the balls to zeppin ceramic and also thrust bearing and it was super smooth. Convenient the parts are same size as Xray. Used 250cst shock oil but will change it when I can get something thinner. About 1/3 turn from full lock.

I think the slipping may be the rings themselves. Not sure but it does appear to slip more than a regular ball diff when you slip one side in the car. But when I try to slip both sides together in the diff tool its locked solid.

A almost maintenance free ball diff, now that's genius. Definitely prefer the feel but not sure if its faster than the gear diff, or when is the best time to use it.
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #1835
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Driveshaft Quality/Rebuild - 3000+ lap checkup

After an estimated 3000+ laps (or about 31 hours) of track time I finally had to rebuild my front driveshafts. The shafts started to experience a little bit of slop in the eyelets of the outer sleeve.

After tearing down the driveshafts it was clear that the outer sleeves is where the majority of wear existed. I replaced the sleeves, pins and outdrive bushings, the rest of the unit (axle, bones, u-joint cross) were reusable. New heat shrink and the unit was ready to go.

Excellent wear characteristics for front driveshaft components. My other models would not have survived a 1/6th of that track time! $15 of parts after 31 hours is rare.

The better news is the rear driveshafts/axels just needed to be cleaned and they are ready to run.
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #1836
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Default

hello Freddy..

do u have any advices for Ride32 tires on carpet..

thanks and congrats for ur good results..
method699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #1837
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 72
Default

To be honest I made no tests yet with the tires. But I will test soon because of preparation for the next ETS round in poland.

I think the setup will not change a lot. Maybe rollcenter and droop because of the different Diameter from the tire compared to the CPX which I normally use.

I will post asap the setup when I tested with Ride tires.
__________________
LRP - Awesomatix
FreddySudhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #1838
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,864
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff View Post
To be honest I made no tests yet with the tires. But I will test soon because of preparation for the next ETS round in poland.

I think the setup will not change a lot. Maybe rollcenter and droop because of the different Diameter from the tire compared to the CPX which I normally use.

I will post asap the setup when I tested with Ride tires.
How tall are CPX tires? Ride tires are VERY tall and have a hard sidewall it seems. They give very good forward traction but no steering

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #1839
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff View Post
To be honest I made no tests yet with the tires. But I will test soon because of preparation for the next ETS round in poland.

I think the setup will not change a lot. Maybe rollcenter and droop because of the different Diameter from the tire compared to the CPX which I normally use.

I will post asap the setup when I tested with Ride tires.
that will be thankfull man..

when you say droop and rollcenter should i go for less droop and higher rollcenter..knowing that those Ride32 tires are the red one for asphalt but we have to start the championship indoor with it..its a really pain to drive compare to sorex..

thanks
method699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #1840
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 72
Default

CPX tires are around 62mm diameter. I don't know the messure of the ride ones. When I used Ride tires on my previous Car it pushed a lot.
I will let you know after testing :-)
__________________
LRP - Awesomatix
FreddySudhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #1841
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Default

Thanks Freddy,

i'll wait for ur feedbacks.

have some measurements about the tire sidewall.

CPX: 5.25mm

Ride: 6.25mm

Sorex: 6.75mm
method699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #1842
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,649
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Good battery pack holder JD !!!! Forget about tape !
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #1843
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Plastic universal rings

Are these rings meant to hold the universals together in the same way the inner bearing ring was used by Velocitygt?

http://shop.awesomatix.com/index.php?productID=853
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #1844
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
Are these rings meant to hold the universals together in the same way the inner bearing ring was used by Velocitygt?

http://shop.awesomatix.com/index.php?productID=853
Yes, it is the same way but our P20 rings are made of Delrin and are wider than Velocitygt's steel rings .
The pictures will be soon.
Oleg Babich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #1845
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
Yes, it is the same way but our P20 rings are made of Delrin and are wider than Velocitygt's steel rings .
The pictures will be soon.
Oleg - can you post a "new release" area of the site so we know when new parts are introduced?
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0