R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #1546
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Hi Freddy,

Setting attached.

Main differences between this and your warmup one...
  • Dampers/Springs are set harder, with 2.0mm F&R added to the A value.
  • Front damper is set up with Option II SRS/RHS, but if go to 0/1 (A/B) on that damper setting (now at 2/1) gives the same spring rate as Option I at 0/5.
  • Fully cut top deck (I haven't figured out how to re-glue it back together )
  • Different rear diff oil (Losi90 ~1200wt)
  • Didn't use the extra motor mount screws
  • Different Tyres (Sorex28's)

HiH
Ed
Is that really positive 1 degree of toe up front, or negative 1?
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #1547
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,173
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff View Post
Ok thanks! I think a big different thing is the surface. You drove on asphalt and I on carpet :P
Hi Freddy,

Yup, don't disagree on that at all! My plan has been to try and get a good geometry setup, then tweak the springs/dampers/bars to suit the surface... so far on the right path, should give a good base setting for Thailand.
It's interesting that going softer for carpet seems to be the thing of the moment... had the same with the 417.

Cheers
ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #1548
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,173
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
Is that really positive 1 degree of toe up front, or negative 1?
Sorry, should be 1deg toe-out... so negative.
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #1549
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Sorry, should be 1deg toe-out... so negative.
You were right with positive. Negative would mean toe in. oops

Last edited by Mb3195; 02-07-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Mb3195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #1550
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Toe
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #1551
Tech Addict
 
jake95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sydney
Posts: 669
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

hi,
i was wondering if any of you use lubrication on the drivetrain if so what are you's using.
jake
__________________
XRAY✯NOSRAM✯SANWA
jake95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #1552
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,173
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake95 View Post
hi,
i was wondering if any of you use lubrication on the drivetrain if so what are you's using.
jake
I'm using a light coating of Losi ceramic greese in the gearbox, and a light oiling on the CV's joints. Thats it.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #1553
Tech Addict
 
jake95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sydney
Posts: 669
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
I'm using a light coating of Losi ceramic greese in the gearbox, and a light oiling on the CV's joints. Thats it.

HiH

Ed
thanks Ed i will try and find some ceramic grease then.
jake
__________________
XRAY✯NOSRAM✯SANWA
jake95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #1554
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,926
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Post race - Sub-100 dampeners with the Jaco Blues feels too soft, too much chassis scrub.
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the notes from the "Birds". Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to go too far below 100 gf/mm too but I've been mainly racing with Sweep 32 spec tires on newer ozite carpet. Come to think of it I raced once with the Sweep OG tires at Timezone II raceway and going softer helped but the traction there is high so it makes sense. Hmmm..... Too many variables with different carpet, different tires, different traction compound. Yet I am still puzzled with Freddy's very soft settings on medium traction carpet. He beat Ronald with it... so I'm not disagreeing with it !

Jake D.
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #1555
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake95 View Post
hi,
i was wondering if any of you use lubrication on the drivetrain if so what are you's using.
jake
Dry lubricants work great on the gears. Something like this. I also use black grease, AE or Xray for the CVDs.

Ethan
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #1556
Tech Addict
 
jake95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sydney
Posts: 669
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
Dry lubricants work great on the gears. Something like this. I also use black grease, AE or Xray for the CVDs.

Ethan
hi,
ethan thats what i was thinking of like dry chain/gear lube.As i would think a normal lube will not be able to stay intact with the gearbox properly.
jake
__________________
XRAY✯NOSRAM✯SANWA
jake95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #1557
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the notes from the "Birds". Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to go too far below 100 gf/mm too but I've been mainly racing with Sweep 32 spec tires on newer ozite carpet. Come to think of it I raced once with the Sweep OG tires at Timezone II raceway and going softer helped but the traction there is high so it makes sense. Hmmm..... Too many variables with different carpet, different tires, different traction compound. Yet I am still puzzled with Freddy's very soft settings on medium traction carpet. He beat Ronald with it... so I'm not disagreeing with it !

Jake D.
The soft setup is the current thing. The faster cars at Snowbirds all seem to drive on their 'nose' a little bit. Guys are chasing after Yokomo springs to get that Volker-esqe setup.

The setup works well for the classes with more power. I thought the deadened front end was too soft for 17.5 class but felt more at home with boosted car.

Like most setups - there are a lot of variables. But the setup is in the ball park. The Snowbird tires were really inconsistent. You could have pulled 5 sets of tires and 2 sets would have felt the same.

It has been sunny here of late. Hopefully we can get started with our outdoor season early. Anxious to get some asphalt time with this car.

Good thing is there are many ways to get quick with this car.

Any car can win on any Sunday. This past weekend Xray was tops of the field. Mike Haynes looked strong in Expert and Stock while Hagberg checked out on the field in Mod.
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #1558
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,335
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
The soft setup is the current thing. The faster cars at Snowbirds all seem to drive on their 'nose' a little bit. Guys are chasing after Yokomo springs to get that Volker-esqe setup.

The setup works well for the classes with more power. I thought the deadened front end was too soft for 17.5 class but felt more at home with boosted car.

Like most setups - there are a lot of variables. But the setup is in the ball park. The Snowbird tires were really inconsistent. You could have pulled 5 sets of tires and 2 sets would have felt the same.

It has been sunny here of late. Hopefully we can get started with our outdoor season early. Anxious to get some asphalt time with this car.

Good thing is there are many ways to get quick with this car.

Any car can win on any Sunday. This past weekend Xray was tops of the field. Mike Haynes looked strong in Expert and Stock while Hagberg checked out on the field in Mod.
Do u know what happened to Naoto?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #1559
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,864
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Do u know what happened to Naoto?
He Blew out in every class he ran

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #1560
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Do u know what happened to Naoto?
The missed it when it happened. He got shufffled out early in the first corner and then dropped out. The video is on the Snowbirdsnationals.com website. I think it is Video4.

It has been a while since I have seen someone check out like that in the mod main. Hagberg had the total package.
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Topeka Onroad Racing Aaron P Kansas/Missouri Racing 10912 12-03-2016 08:53 PM
Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club VoneSkip Australian Racing 17188 11-13-2016 04:24 AM
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Touring Car Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protectors!! Rommel Electric On-Road 220 07-07-2013 10:23 PM
The prototype car is on the winning pace number_one Electric On-Road 163 01-12-2009 11:52 AM


Tags
yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0