R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #136
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
bertran and over gear,

What damages of a shaft are you worried about - twisting under peak loads from the motor and other transmission components? Or a transversal bending from impacts during collisions?
Or is it due resonant oscillations of a shaft at high RPM?
We have taken measures for prevention of this too.

As it is known A7075 T6 alloy Tensile Strength is almost twice more than 6061 T6 one.
Our shaft is 193mm and not hollow now.

It is the truth that we have not broken any shaft still.

Main shaft protection unit:

This feature allows also to take a shaft out easily without removal of other parts.

That's sure long but it looks like it's built well. I like the idea of using tension and a spring system like a slipper clutch to control excessive stress. My only question would be how is this system adjusted to eliminate slop and slippage? Very good screenshot btw.
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #137
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is the shaft just spring loaded or does the whole assembly give like a servo saver or slipper?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #138
Suspended

Arrow

I must admit you guys thought about everything, but my concerns is about the oscillations at high RPM, AND the transversal bending with high torque motors(SP 2.5R/novak HV-4.5R) on such a long shaft. I know nobody will ever put a HV-4.5R in your car, but for testing purposes it would be nice if the shaft could handle the load without the slipper interfering!!! I have heard people talking about a 1.5R (18402KV) MOTOR and I think hollow titanium shaft cars will be the only type of cars able to handle that kind of power!!! Ultimately electric motor development will have to stop at 1-turn, and you guys would have made the only car to handle such power!!!!!
bertran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #139
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertran View Post
I must admit you guys thought about everything, but my concerns is about the oscillations at high RPM, AND the transversal bending with high torque motors(SP 2.5R/novak HV-4.5R) on such a long shaft. I know nobody will ever put a HV-4.5R in your car, but for testing purposes it would be nice if the shaft could handle the load without the slipper interfering!!! I have heard people talking about a 1.5R (18402KV) MOTOR and I think hollow titanium shaft cars will be the only type of cars able to handle that kind of power!!! Ultimately electric motor development will have to stop at 1-turn, and you guys would have made the only car to handle such power!!!!!
My TC3 had an aluminum shaft and with a 3.5T motor it bent due to the oscillation. I got a carbon fiber one and it does something strange at a point and I keep thinking it'll break, but it fixes itself out. I now have my 1.5T (18,102Kv) in there and it's just scary. Oleg said his set up resolved this issue. BTW efficiancy is not so good with the low turn 2 pole motors as I asked for a 1T as well and the factory didnt want to do it. I have a Novak HV1.5 and an HV2.5 and both are AMP hogs. My 540 1.5T has proved to be the ultimate AMP hog and at such high RPMs, I'm afraid of what will happen to the CF shaft.
lutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #140
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutach View Post
BTW efficiancy is not so good with the low turn 2 pole motors as I asked for a 1T as well and the factory didnt want to do it. I have a Novak HV1.5 and an HV2.5 and both are AMP hogs. My 540 1.5T has proved to be the ultimate AMP hog and at such high RPMs, I'm afraid of what will happen to the CF shaft.
oleg, please have much castor.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #141
Suspended

Talking

Oleg ,do you plan to have a version of the shaft system without the spring loading system? I am concern about the shaft popping out after a crash !!!!!!!!! HAS it ever happened?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #142
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Is the shaft just spring loaded or does the whole assembly give like a servo saver or slipper?
The spring simply aligns a shaft at the correct position but allows a shaft displacement at frame compression at the moment of car blow.

We have really eliminated shaft oscillation. Our shaft is subject to twisting loadings only and has safety factor sufficient for transfer of the torque from all modern EP competition TC motors.
Oleg Babich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #143
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertran View Post
Oleg ,do you plan to have a version of the shaft system without the spring loading system? I am concern about the shaft popping out after a crash !!!!!!!!! HAS it ever happened?
It is possible for you to replace the spring by piece of hard plastic rod or tube simply.

But for shaft removal you should turn off some screws in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
oleg, please have much castor.
Castor or caster?
Our caster is almost endless.
And on rear wheels too...
Shaft castor is present also.

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 04-22-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #144
Suspended

Talking

Very well OLEG, it seems you guys have thouroughly tested the main shaft, and from your explanation I am quite satisfied with the versatility and projected performance of the shaft. I like the fact that you used A7075 over A6061, and I think it's a first. I cannot wait to get a kit!! HOPE I CAN GET ONE BEFORE SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 02:40 AM   #145
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Anything new with this?
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:42 AM   #146
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

bumpy bumpy

when is this available?

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:22 AM   #147
Tech Addict

We continue tests and make small amendments to a design still.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #148
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

So when do you expect it to be available?
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 AM   #149
Tech Adept

I was wondering how you make the damping the same on each wheel, if the damping is adjusted by somekind of screw?

Will there be somekind of measurement to make sure the damping is the same?
Foodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #150
Suspended

OLEG,
Will the car come with a down stop(to prevent the chassis from hitting the ground)? Also will the car come out with a wider bumper or the one shown on the website? Such an expensive kit will need much better protection!!!!! WHEN WILL THE KIT COME OUT??????????????