Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
False Lipo advertising >

False Lipo advertising

False Lipo advertising

Old 11-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Like I said it's a decision we made and if someday we see our competitors doing all there packs with numbers on them we may do it to all our packs but at the moment there is no need for this as we seem to be the only ones who is doing this. Also I don't think you could compare numbers from different companies as there are to many factors that will have an effect on the numbers.

Were not releasing a 35C pack not because we don't have access to one as I have gotten samples from our supplier the week of the IIC. Our supplier is working hard on some improvements and whent they will be ready we will release it and we hope that it will be a good improvement on the track. As far as market share our Lipos come in and ship as fast as we can get them so were not struggling to keep the market share. We do see allot of confusion with C rate and it's a shame that this number is being inflated but that happens in other industries as well.
Ok so basically what has been stated whether in regards to the C rating or numbers it really means Jack as u cannot compare numbers from different companies..It is only speculation??????

Hence why the thread??

Also hasnt been mention that SMC want be running with a 35c rated pack with contradicts the above.

As mentioned Danny no disrespect to yourself or your SMC is intended
Old 11-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

So based on what your saying we have two choices one is to stop putting numbers on the 28C packs or two post the numbers on all the packs ?

I just find it a little odd That one lot of your packs are produced with numbers (28c) and you dont feel it necessary for the other packs,

With all the threads and discussions it is always brought to everyones attention that "SMC" place the numbers on their packs for consumers to see wha tthey are buying, It is more like a marketing campaign and a very good one
Old 11-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is a standard for testing C rate that Lipo suppliers use but we can't control it if a supplier decides to inflate the number. If you take the pack in my first post it's actually more like a 20C than a 35C is you use the 90% capacity retention standard which is used by Lipo suppliers. Some companies will use 80% but if they state it that should be o.k.. That would be the same as discharging a pack on a GFX and one guy uses 35 amps and they other uses 25 amps. As long as we know how it was tested it should be good.

Please explain to me why it's contradicting to that we decided not to release a 35C pack ?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by FFR1
I just find it a little odd That one lot of your packs are produced with numbers (28c) and you dont feel it necessary for the other packs,

With all the threads and discussions it is always brought to everyones attention that "SMC" place the numbers on their packs for consumers to see wha tthey are buying, It is more like a marketing campaign and a very good one
The extra time and seeing we sell so many packs it would cut into our cost and were already trying to offer the best possible price on these packs. I can give you or anyone the typical numbers for the packs that don't have them printed as we have nothing to hide and I'm very confident that the cycle numbers of all our packs are as good if not better than any other packs on the market.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Please explain to me why it's contradicting to that we decided not to release a 35C pack ?
See below in high lighted text. I will apologies if i have read this in the wrong text

I also believe it was also noted in a previous post that it was stated SMC wll not bring out a 35c pack

Were not releasing a 35C pack not because we don't have access to one as I have gotten samples from our supplier the week of the IIC. Our supplier is working hard on some improvements and whent they will be ready we will release it and we hope that it will be a good improvement on the track. .
Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
If you want numbers on your 24C pack then cycle it. They aren't hiding anything by not putting numbers on the packs when you can cycle them yourself with a GFX (or have someone at the track cycle it).

Cycling the 24C packs at SMC would just add cost to a pack that's aimed at people on a budget.

^^Is this guy the only one that gets it?^^ There are no numbers on the budget pack because testing them would drive up the price and make it less competitive in the class it's in (lower priced, quality batteries). If you want numbers printed on the packs, get the 28c models SMC already sells.

Danny, why don't you offer a cycling/numbering service for the 24c packs and charge $15 a pack. I'd be interested to see how many people pay it.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Initiate

The extra time and seeing we sell so many packs it would cut into our cost and were already trying to offer the best possible price on these packs. I can give you or anyone the typical numbers for the packs that don't have them printed as we have nothing to hide and I'm very confident that the cycle numbers of all our packs are as good if not better than any other packs on the market.

Danny , not doubting this what so ever. I also use SMC packs and find them very good I also use Intellect packs and find them as equal

SMC does have a very good product that i wouldnt hesitate to recommend BUT this isnt the issue in question.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Company Representative

Yes I did say were not releasing a 35C pack but some think were not relasing one because our supplier can't make one but that is far from being the case. Our supplier is working on a few new things and when they are ready we will release them.

So it's contradicting what that were not releasing a 35C pack ?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Davidka
^^Is this guy the only one that gets it?^^ There are no numbers on the budget pack because testing them would drive up the price and make it less competitive in the class it's in (lower priced, quality batteries). If you want numbers printed on the packs, get the 28c models SMC already sells.

Danny, why don't you offer a cycling/numbering service for the 24c packs and charge $15 a pack. I'd be interested to see how many people pay it.
Not every one just buys a 24c pack for specific spec racing,

Now are you saying i should be able to order future 28c packs with out the numbers and get them $15-00 cheaper, ??????
Old 11-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Davidka

That would create extra part numbers which isn't good for distributors. If we would sell direct we could do this easily but we don't do much as far as direct sales as most of the time were out of packs as we try to keep the distributors supplied.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Danny/SMC;5071041]We will not release 35C packs.

QUOTE]

Yes I did say were not releasing a 35C pack but some think were not relasing one because our supplier can't make one but that is far from being the case. Our supplier is working on a few new things and when they are ready we will release them.

So it's contradicting what that were not releasing a 35C pack ?
[QUOTE=Danny/SMC;5079050]Like I said it's a decision we made and if someday we see our competitors doing all there packs with numbers on them we may do it to all our packs but at the moment there is no need for this as we seem to be the only ones who is doing this. Also I don't think you could compare numbers from different companies as there are to many factors that will have an effect on the numbers.

Were not releasing a 35C pack not because we don't have access to one as I have gotten samples from our supplier the week of the IIC. Our supplier is working hard on some improvements and whent they will be ready we will release it and we hope that it will be a good improvement on the track. QUOTE]

Yes
Old 11-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I know the reasons not to do it, I was just pointing out a reason that appealed to the end user (majority of people on this thread).

No FFR1, I was not suggesting that. It's Danny's product and he'll sell it the way he thinks is best but don't think that things like testing and labeling aren't part of the price. "Time is money", as the saying goes. For my money, I'd buy the 24c. As an offroad racer, it will provide more than enough power for my needs. That's probably true for anyone that can't make it higher than the C main at a nats event too.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Company Representative

[QUOTE=FFR1;5079240][QUOTE=Danny/SMC;5071041]We will not release 35C packs.

QUOTE]

Like I said it's a decision we made and if someday we see our competitors doing all there packs with numbers on them we may do it to all our packs but at the moment there is no need for this as we seem to be the only ones who is doing this. Also I don't think you could compare numbers from different companies as there are to many factors that will have an effect on the numbers.

Were not releasing a 35C pack not because we don't have access to one as I have gotten samples from our supplier the week of the IIC. Our supplier is working hard on some improvements and whent they will be ready we will release it and we hope that it will be a good improvement on the track. QUOTE]

Yes

I think your confusing me talking about numbers on the packs and C rate ?

Where does it say that the improvements our supplier is working on will be on the 35C pack ? Maybe it will the 28C or another C rate this will be known when we release it. Like I said we have no plans on releasing a 35C pack so I don't how to explain any better. I guess this is the problem with message boards as what someone says can be interpreted in different ways.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
hey ottoman.... red to positive black to negative and you might not smoke another speedo
Perfect.. uhh... plug for SMC's decision to use Deans plugs on their packs.
It prevents dumb guys like me, in a hurry, from plugging in the bullet connectors backwards and smoking their ESC
I am a believer now
Old 11-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by FFR1
See below in high lighted text. I will apologies if i have read this in the wrong text

\
[QUOTE=Danny/SMC;5079286][QUOTE=FFR1;5079240]
We will not release 35C packs.

QUOTE]

I think your confusing me talking about numbers on the packs and C rate ?

Where I guess this is the problem with message boards as what someone says can be interpreted in different ways.
Danny

correct and as stated I am not too proud to apologies and i beleive i do owe you an apology . As i perhaps have taken some of the posts in regards to this in the wrong text

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.