Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack. >

SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seems to me we need to regulate everything ,,,, stem to stern!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Is this legal for racing yet?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer
Is this legal for racing yet?
Not with ROAR... yet.Dawn Sanchez wants to make this an option for racing soon.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
I can understand the concept of slowing things down but this is mod were talking about here. Why not put the best capacity / power combination out to the market then slow down thru motors and gearing if need be?? I was considering trying this in WGT but we need closer to 4 cell match and this potential solution went the opposite direction...that only limits the options. The other issue is, when company B comes out with the higher mah and or C rating, we now own obsolete by design.

Motor limits didn't work in the past but that was brushed. Maybe with BL it will work.

This is our first shot at this pack and I thought using 4000/25C was a good compromise plus it would keep cost down. We can do higher capacity and higher C rate if need be. I think some of the oval tracks will adopt this pack as a spec pack like they did our 3200/28C. Since these packs are exclusively done for us our supplier promised not to change them for 2 years so the packs you buy now and in 2 years will be the same. This way you don't need to worry about new packs every 6 months. We will most likely release C-Max version of this pack but it won't be until next season as there is no need for it now.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Here's a picture of what I ran Sunday at our local club race. I ran 17.5 four cell for the first round. One of the other racers was running 13.5/single cell without a receiver pack or booster, so I plugged in a 13.5/single cell for the next round. I had no radio issues of any kind, and runtime was no problem. I finished out the day with the lipo. In the main I matched the fast lap that I had with the 17.5 four cell. I went back today and made some setup changes and picked up .2 on my fast lap of Sunday. I changed the center shock to a blue, the side springs from blue to sliver, and the fronts from .20 to .18. The car weighed in at 720 grams.
Attached Thumbnails SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.-12r5.jpg  
Old 12-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Danny/SMC,

Will you please consider making a saddle lipo 3.7 4000 pack. It seems like your current pack for link cars is quite popular and won't be going away any time soon. We need one too so we can join in on the fun. I read in a different post of yours that you don't run 1/12th personally but that you do like the class and want to see it prosper. I would be glad to make you a list to show you all the current cars that are out there that still support t-bars. Many of them are new too, some were released just this month or last month. Heck I even believe that there are more t bars designs out there than link cars.

They both have their merits. I just happen to perfer t-bars, never could get the feel out of the link cars that I tried. If your were to bring one out I would snap one up mighty quick and I am sure others would too. I would love to start running one so that we could come up with a solution for a faster but more controllable mod class. Most of this thread is about guys trying to equate your pack to a car running 17.5 BL with 4 cell NiHM. That is great for them but I mostly run mod and I think that I want faster speeds than that.

I would even be happy to test for you if needed, even if I have to pay for the pack.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just another vote for a saddle pack design.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Also had no problems without the receiver pack. GenX, f9650, GTB, and 13.5; 720g. Loved using a battery that put out the same power all day.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I did...
Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucknuts
Also had no problems without the receiver pack. GenX, f9650, GTB, and 13.5; 720g. Loved using a battery that put out the same power all day.
What receiver? I think this may be a very important component in this issue.

If I remember correctly an old Tekin receiver I had worked down to 2.5 volts.

May have to dig that out if Danny makes me a Lipo pack. Pretty please

Steve
Old 12-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the Spektrum micro receiver. KO is also known to be good. ESC bec maybe a factor as well. Anyway GTB and spetrum micro is fine.

You run Futaba John?
Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default single cell lipo/tekin 189 software

360rcspeedway vbmenu_register("postmenu_5219586", true);

Have you used the single cell lipo w/the 189 software in a 1/12th?
(I believe your using a teken ESC).

Before (Pre 189), I was running a rollout of around 2.85 to 2.9 with a 17.5 redline motor/4-cell nimh pack.

I'm getting ready to run the single cell/13.5 redline combo. My electronics setup will be:

spektrum micro reciever,
180 lipo 7.4V reciever pack, red wire removed
both speedo and rec. pack switches to "on".

I belive this makes it so the reciever, servo and transponder are powered off the rec. pack, and the ESC is powered off the sgl cell lipo.

so my overall question is, have you used the single cell lipo w/the tekin 189 software and if so, where's a good place to start w/settings and rollout? (smaller track 36x60)
Old 12-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by acyrier
360rcspeedway vbmenu_register("postmenu_5219586", true);

Have you used the single cell lipo w/the 189 software in a 1/12th?
(I believe your using a teken ESC).

Before (Pre 189), I was running a rollout of around 2.85 to 2.9 with a 17.5 redline motor/4-cell nimh pack.

I'm getting ready to run the single cell/13.5 redline combo. My electronics setup will be:

spektrum micro reciever,
180 lipo 7.4V reciever pack, red wire removed
both speedo and rec. pack switches to "on".

I belive this makes it so the reciever, servo and transponder are powered off the rec. pack, and the ESC is powered off the sgl cell lipo.

so my overall question is, have you used the single cell lipo w/the tekin 189 software and if so, where's a good place to start w/settings and rollout? (smaller track 36x60)
Hi
Yes I have run the 1c lipo with the 1.89 software in a Tekin RS and it runs great. My setup was full timing (30) sensored only mode, with the motor timing at 0.

Your setup sounds good but you will need to run the red wire IN, not out. And turn the car on with the reciever pack, not the speedo. Again make sure you leave the speedo switch in the OFF position when you run the car.

Thats the way I've been running it and have not had an issue.
I hope this helps!
Donny
ps-start with 42/76 with 1.75 tire for track your size.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
What receiver? I think this may be a very important component in this issue.

If I remember correctly an old Tekin receiver I had worked down to 2.5 volts.

May have to dig that out if Danny makes me a Lipo pack. Pretty please

Steve

Please look at post #410 you will see that there is no need for a saddle pack.

At the moment we already invested 3500.00 on this project. Maybe someday we will do a saddle pack single cell but I will wait to see detailed rules on the size as when it comes to Lipos size has an impact on the cells performance.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Danny/SMC,

Will you please consider making a saddle lipo 3.7 4000 pack. It seems like your current pack for link cars is quite popular and won't be going away any time soon. We need one too so we can join in on the fun. I read in a different post of yours that you don't run 1/12th personally but that you do like the class and want to see it prosper. I would be glad to make you a list to show you all the current cars that are out there that still support t-bars. Many of them are new too, some were released just this month or last month. Heck I even believe that there are more t bars designs out there than link cars.

They both have their merits. I just happen to perfer t-bars, never could get the feel out of the link cars that I tried. If your were to bring one out I would snap one up mighty quick and I am sure others would too. I would love to start running one so that we could come up with a solution for a faster but more controllable mod class. Most of this thread is about guys trying to equate your pack to a car running 17.5 BL with 4 cell NiHM. That is great for them but I mostly run mod and I think that I want faster speeds than that.

I would even be happy to test for you if needed, even if I have to pay for the pack.

Thanks,
Steve
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.