Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

ptjonesus I use spools on both my cars unless the track has a tight technical layout then I go back to a diff. I dont use a one way it does not suit my driving style. I dive deep into the corners tap the brakes and punch it when I am coming around the apex of the turns ( to many years running off road I guess)
Old 02-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by howard hudson
I dive deep into the corners tap the brakes and punch it when I am coming around the apex of the turns ( to many years running off road I guess)
seems like it works with ur nice Finish at birds
Old 02-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

howard we dont allow oneways down here but even before that i was running a spool even on my d-2 on my d-1 i did use a oneway occassionally with a fast and flowing track but overall when the track was technical i used the diff!
Old 02-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

they dotn allow one-ways.... i never heard that before.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

1 question please. how much are the tc3's spool and one-way cost? so i can plan on buying on off ebay if see good deal
Old 02-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

ariel spools are about 22 to 25 bucks depending on the brand dragon and irs are good you'll need to use pin cushions.
but at tQ you wont need one a diff is what you want.
the florida state series banned oneways last year buddy!
Old 02-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

alright so spools IRS ones correct. i will see What price i can get them at
Old 02-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
seems like it works with ur nice Finish at birds
finish at the birds?????? sorry didnt attend that one. the results I posted were for our local race bud . but if I was there it would have been the same

hector

they dont let you use one ways??? why not here in sunny california the only race they are not allowed is the Reedy
Old 02-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

oh local Racing then i always though was the birds lol. read it wrong
Old 02-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default pin cushions

I have found that the pin cushions dont last very long I have switched to the niftech swivels http://www.niftech.com/pix/cat/2350-swd.jpg

here is the web site
http://www.niftech.com/catalog/index.cgi?mode=TC3

they are expensive but well worth the money
Old 02-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

howard they truying a new thing here in the state races. they tend to do stuff here that catches on nationally . we started the whole 19t spec class here and the spec tire stuff we also adapted the 10dble rule before the reedy race.
things get tried here to see how it goes!
Old 02-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedxl
howard they truying a new thing here in the state races. they tend to do stuff here that catches on nationally . we started the whole 19t spec class here and the spec tire stuff we also adapted the 10dble rule before the reedy race.
things get tried here to see how it goes!
oh ya

when did ya start all that? what year?
Old 02-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
oh local Racing then i always though was the birds lol. read it wrong

I wanted to go bad and vic knew it but just could not afford the trip there .. thought I had the air fair covered but didnt happen. That was the biggest part
Old 02-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

they started testing the spec tire in 99 and got it set up for the 2000 season with those stupid proline h-13 rubberbands! oops i mean tires and the 19t motor.
19t was the first class to have the spec tires and then mod for 1 year after the h-13 which sucked wind we allowed any tire but you were only allowed 2 sets and they had a sticker with a sign of but people still bought a ton of tires then schumacher stepped up with the c-s27 and its been the tire we have been running since then. the 10dbl rule happend i think six months before reedy did it but he did have some infuence with here because we thought it was a good idea.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Smile

Ok... took me 3 days to read through most of this thread. So I know some of you but none of you know me. I also read through some of the SnowBird coverage. Futureal... great job on the coverage for that event. I though you were just reporting on it...I was amazed when I realized you were racing also.

Looks like most everyone loves their Demon chassis. So I'm pondering switching to the Lightside. But I'll avoid painting yoda on the body for now.

From what I've read my best bet would be to go with a D1 chassis as I'll be racing mostly high-bite carpet with foams. Right now I have a stock TC3 racer kit built and ready to go. Since I'm just returning to racing after a 4 year break from my off-road racing experiences I could use some advice.

I'm assuming the TC3 Racer kit is a good start. I have already upgraded my racer kit to threaded shocks. Other than a D1 chassis is there anything else I should do right away? Remember I'm pretty much an advanced novice at this point.

Here is what I have right now: TC3 racer kit (plus threaded shocks), foam tires suggested by local racer (can't remember which but harder plaid foams on front), purple/copper springs, Hitech high speed/torque servo, Futaba 3pdf Transmitter/stock reciever FM, Novak SuperRooster speedo (I know.. but I had it handy from my back yard basher), Monster Horsepower stock motor, Novak Millinium charger (older one), 4xRC2000 matched packs (leftover from racing 4 years ago), 1 new GP3300 matched pack with 1.17+ numbers.

Stock Motor Suggestion?

19t Motor Suggestions?

Speedo suggestions?

Body? I read several references to an Parma Alpha Body.

Any other upgrade suggestions?

If I end up with a D1 I'll check back for setup suggestions. I know there are some in this thread already.

Drop me an email if you paint bodies? Mine will not likely last long and plain white is less than impressive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.