Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sweet!!
Old 01-25-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Great Day

Been a long time since I last raced.

My D1 was planted! I felt the improvement and slowly getting there to get the ultimate set up! Q5, finished 6th hehehe in stock but I was always in 3rd gaining for position until a car would jump over fromthe other lane and hit me! Grrrr!!!!

Worst thing is it always happens everyheat

But it was good to know that I had one of the fastest lap, for the first time. And the car is very predictable now, just need more track time!

I know this is not the best post of a racing day, I am just happy to say that the D1 was planted--- and I'm getting there!!

Peace Guys and Happy Racing!

Lemuel
Philippines
Old 01-25-2004, 03:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Sweet car, Dave! Looks really awesome.
Today went pretty good. I made the a-main (barely) and finished up 8th The car was pretty dialed but it was more the driver's fault than the car's. lol.
Muffin - I ran 2 packs with the spool in my car and it was awesome!!! I really liked how it handled and only clipped a few dots the whole time I was out there. None of my spectacular aerial stunts One more week of practice-er, racing- until the 'birds! lol. I think I'll take it easy for a week or so after that. I think I've raced just about every weekend since october. See everyone in orlando.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

The D1 ran really good today. I have not run stock in a few weeks. I got to the track late and missed the first qualifier. I got no practice. I managed to stay clean and t.q. pro stock with one run. Got roughed up in the main and by about the third charge for the front, I got a little fed up. My fault, I should have been a little more careful. Ended up 4th though. All in all a good race day. The car was unreal though.
Racer Chick made the A in pro stock also!! You go girl!! Better watch out for this one fellas, she is going to be a serious threat very soon at the rate she is improving.
I had the wife and kids with me today and my son Michael (8) ran
novice stock. He is just starting and managed to keep the car in one piece. He broke in his main, but was given a trophy anyway. You want to talk about a happy kid. I am still hearing about it 4 hours later.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My D1 ran superb yesterday at the trophy race! TQ and won the Expert Stock rubber class. Car was on rails!.

PM for dialed rubber/carpet setup, D1 3mm.

Old 01-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Racer_Chick
Sweet car, Dave! Looks really awesome.
Today went pretty good. I made the a-main (barely) and finished up 8th The car was pretty dialed but it was more the driver's fault than the car's. lol.
Muffin - I ran 2 packs with the spool in my car and it was awesome!!! I really liked how it handled and only clipped a few dots the whole time I was out there. None of my spectacular aerial stunts One more week of practice-er, racing- until the 'birds! lol. I think I'll take it easy for a week or so after that. I think I've raced just about every weekend since october. See everyone in orlando.
Sweet!! I would be curious to see what your lap times would have been. Guess we will find out next week. Did the car feel faster/better rip out of turns?
Old 01-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey,nice run today toni.you seem to get faster every week.good luck at the birds.

Art,nice run today.the first lap in the main was pretty brutal.i managed to get through it with minor injuries you ran real good though buddy.it was a pretty wild race though.i had alot of fun.are you gonna race next weekend?if so,see ya next weekend.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Regional Moderator

I don't have a clue what they really were, but they felt fast. lol. It took me a few laps to get used to but after that it was awesome. When I ran the 2nd pack I ran the same line pretty consistently the whole time. I had a slight glitching problem on the straight, but figured out it was the crystal. I must've hit something in the main and knocked it loose. I think the spool fits my driving style better than the diff did. It seemed to roll through the corners a lot better and it definately felt a lot faster. It felt so much different than what I was running earlier. I ran the compound on my tires and it helped a lot, too.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Nope, Superbowl Sunday is sacred around the Jensen house!! I will probably go out to visit at the Birds on the following Sunday and watch the mains. Nice running with you guys today.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Racer_Chick
I don't have a clue what they really were, but they felt fast. lol. It took me a few laps to get used to but after that it was awesome. When I ran the 2nd pack I ran the same line pretty consistently the whole time. I had a slight glitching problem on the straight, but figured out it was the crystal. I must've hit something in the main and knocked it loose. I think the spool fits my driving style better than the diff did. It seemed to roll through the corners a lot better and it definately felt a lot faster. It felt so much different than what I was running earlier. I ran the compound on my tires and it helped a lot, too.
That's great!! We will see exactly how good it is the next time we run at Joe's. I think you will be alot faster with the spool. L8R.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Art the on-road mains start at 7 am on Sunday see you there!
Old 01-26-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

Brian:

Great! Awesome!Fantastic! SWEET TROPHY.

Congradulations on your tq and win.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is anyone using the warpspeed diff housing's(diff cases)and if so do they make a difference,I just cant seem to get the stock ones to work right,as in to much drag and cant seem to get a good gear mesh.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

I know that I work for Warpspeed and all, but I kinda started the whole diff case thing for this company. I gotta tell ya, the drivetrain will spin like there is no tomorrow with the cases. We are talking zero drag!! Plus you can get them with or without helicoils. Vic would never in a million years market something that is not absolutly over the top killer. It just isn't in him to do so. Hope that helps.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks to a lot of advice from Blackstock and Chicky, I got a much faster Demon now. Had some problems AGAIN-but car was pretty quick. Glitched all day and in main-LRP quantum split in two top to bottom-Race done. I was battling in a three way race for second-it was fun!!. I am guessing it was seprating all day and thats why it glitched. But car's fast and handling well. Fastest lap I think was 12.7 and I ran 12.8 so thats not too shabby. So much more to test this Thursday night.

Looking forward to the Birds now.

I also ran the Warpspeed XRay in MOd and it was a dream to drive. MOds really tough for me to get comfortable with so I putt around for about 6 laps (13.3 lap times) till I get used to it-but then I ran some decent lap times (12.2) in the middle. I was about a second off Blackstock-which is the best I can hope for at this point. But-I ran 3 heats and the Main with no practice and cars in one piece with a peak v2 8x1 strapped in. So thats a victory on its own.

GReat JOb Toni, Brian and Muffin!!

Last edited by rayhuang; 01-26-2004 at 07:24 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.