Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Stephen, your car looked good when it was running. You had some pretty crappy luck this weekend.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks.Yes I did! But I had much fun, do you have the results like last time you can post?
Old 10-27-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Maiden Run!!!

hi guys!! Lem here reporting from Manila, Philippines!!

My last race was August 23 and have never run my car since, I used an 04-R TRF/PIA there, since my TC3 was all dismantled in anticipation for the DEMON.

Last Sunday, in a Big Flowing track, I was like a noob, but to my surprise the car handled very very very well!!! Just one lap around and I know I have a great chassis in my hands hehehehe!!!!!

I am usually a B driver, but with the absence of the regulars, I was able to make it to the A-main! For the first time ever in my life--A-MAIN!! that alone made me a winner!!! heheheheh

I was still strugglin' with a proper setup, since there is no set up for a flowing asphlat track at the thread. But a little more tweaking and practice I'm sure I'l get better withthe Demon!!

Anyways, I qualified 9th and finished 9th heheheh, I know it 9th place but I was with really fast guys and the Stand was built for 10 normal people, we are like double the size so felt a little uncomfortable being cramped up there, excuses, excuses hehehehe Practice is the key!!!

I just want to write down, how my maiden run was!! It was pretty good, and I have a god car in my hands, and i know I will get better with practice practice practice!!!

NOTES:
ran the car w/o underside protection, looks ugly now hehehe, but I just got 3M bathtub tape and just finished placing it!

a lot of people who saw my car was amazed by its beauty and craftmanship!!! I just told them, if you can't go that fast, I'd rather be slow and look beautiful hehehehehehe!!!!

I hope I could match the beauty of the car with my driving skills soon!!! and bring honor to Team Warpspeed!!!

Mr Warpspeed!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!! Great car!!!!!!

Peace to all and Happy Racing!!!

Lemuel N. Pia DDM
Old 10-27-2003, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Victor, received my diff cases this morning and they look great! Thanks again, J Longbrake
Old 10-27-2003, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Nope, I dont have those. Sorry
Old 10-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Vic, how come Chris D. hasn't come on here and told about the car and his weekend?
Old 10-27-2003, 04:30 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Old 10-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I will get Doseck on here this week. Veeeeeerrrrrrrry looooooong weekend. He qualified 5th, but got broke in the main. He loves his car and rightfully so. It was dialed.......

I wanted to Thank Vic for making me a milled top deck for the tub car. All I can say is a tub chassis that has been milled NEEDS this top deck. What a difference it made. My car was much more responsive and corner speed was increased.

THANKS VICTOR..................
Old 10-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, I was just wondering b/c since he got the car i'm pretty sure he hasn't come on here.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default warpspeeds

when will Warpspeed have an up to date website?

just wondering...it looks like the car is doing well at some of the latest major races.

after seeing Axiom's car, chris doseck signing up, and other racers doing extremely well with it at big races...i'm thinking of picking a kit up this fall to upgrade my FT TC3.

axiom...euge and i might both do Warpspeed chassis kits this winter! thanks for all the set-up help and warpspeed info.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nexus,

Vic is working near round-the-clock and has had little time to work on the website. It will get updated fairly soon, however.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Euge running the car this season. Thanks for taking serious interest in the car and "breaking the ice" in getting this great chassis (besides myself) at our soon-to-be-revamped home racetrack. Again any help you guys need just ask, I'm glad to give it.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default toyota cup

Well the 1st toyota cup race was here and left. It was a race held in Irvine calif. at the Toyota national headquarters. I must say it was a interesting day. Was there at 6 am and only took a few laps to dial in the d2. I ran 19t class with a bonzai motor strapped in. I also ran the HPI toyota celica body. amazingly enough it worked rather well.

This race drew 160 racers and sign ups took forever we got started about 1230 with 30 heats and Mine was #25. My first quali was around 2pm and started 9th. The tone went off and within a lap I was in first. about four laps later my eyes started to burn( as you all know so calif is burning up) and I lost focus and blamo I hit a lane board ( this track uses the road dome system . hit one of these and your air born ) the car flew over two lanes of traffic ended up fourth in that heat.

Qualifier 2 was around 430 or so. almost dusk. The car was strapped up ended up second in that round. BY the way there was two heats of 19t. I ended up as 4th qual in the A. not bad I must say.

Well the main was around 830 and we were running by what little lights were in the lot and a few halogen lamps that were quickly purchesed from costco to light up the track. All I can say is I am glad I painted the car white. All lined up and the tone went off . 1st and 3rd tangled up and 2nd and myself ran away from the pack. We were battleing real good then around lap five we lost a lamp at the start of the streight.. total darkness but thats ok could still see the car ( keep going went through my mind). Still cant catch 1st. Can see him out of the corner of my eye but cant catch him ( he was a semi factory losi driver) Lap eleven the sprinklers came on to water the grass behind the drivers stand and a wind came up at the same time so it started to blow a fine mist of water onto the track. kept going but each lap was getting worse as far as traction. then on lap 14 the car was not drivable and pulled it off ended up 6th over all

Well not bad for sixteen hours of racing I guess. but I did win two hats in the raffle yeeeeeehaaaawwww
Old 10-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dude, the sprinklers accually came on while you were racing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
So did anyone in your race even finish? Hey, I would proabally pull off, not worth the electronics!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Doseck's set up:

Front:
#2 piston
40 weight
purple spring
.078 sway bar
0 kick up
6 degree Losi caster block
Losi hub
camber link down and in
shock middle on tower and in on arm
-1 1/2 camber
TRC Cyan cut to 28mm
I think droop was 4 or 5 on the gauge

Rear:
#2 piston
40 weight
copper spring
.062 sway bar
2-0 rear block
short wheel base
stock AE hubs
camber link up and in on tower (full long)
shocks are middle on tower and outside on arm
TRC Magenta 30mm
I think droop was 3 or 4 on the gauge

He is running the standard D1. I believe he has the 2.5mm chassis with 3mm top deck.

I am not sure about gearing and timing, but he ran the Epic 4 magnet 8x1.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Bubblestc3
Dude, the sprinklers accually came on while you were racing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
So did anyone in your race even finish? Hey, I would proabally pull off, not worth the electronics!!!!
well there was a fine mist coming on the track. just enough to wash off the built up rubber and traction compound off. It also made the tires cold. I think next time I run I will run my electronics like OleC does in Norway ( see attached ) Dave Wilson won 19t (the ice man)

Attached Thumbnails Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2-protected.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.