Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Speedxl - that's an awesome run...Dave's pretty fast. I wish I could have seen it. The D2 is an awesome car isn't it?
Old 06-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

I heared what robbie described me to you. bowser and I are on the same level just of the last 6 to 8 months i had a career change from and auto tech working on mercedes benz to working as a mortgage broker with zero income it will put a large stress load on someone well things are straight now. so now i can put a full effort then some back into r/c life is prioraty at times.

I have spent the last 3 weeks doing extensive testing and I have found a few things that the demon cars like for instance need to be sprung lighter and dampend lighter then the Ft car and other cars, pluss playing with roll centers I have my car faster now with spool at all tracks then with a one way.
Pluss as far as wieghts I found that out during initial testing people over look playing with the ballast. Its a valuble tunnig aid.

another thing I found is that shaving the f-o block down giving it antidive helps the car be more agressive but fees up mid corner and exit without having to finese the throttle.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

I haven't shaved down the front block but I've raised the front rear block in the past and have had good success. Haven't done that with the D2 though. I'll give it a try
Old 06-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Initiate

toni bump into the b main whats up with that c'mon don't put yourself down that way
Old 06-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

dotman drop the shock oil down to 35wt
youll also like the response.

Mind you in the heat of the day the car might be a little loose but stiffen up the front sway bar!
Old 06-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jeremy, Toni has had some real bad breaks in the Qualifiers at the last 3 state races. Then she hits the mains and goes ballistic fast and does real good. She has placed in the top 3 positions at all the races. Some C/D mains, but she has made the podium each time. With a little bit of luck she would make the B main. There is some awsome tallent running this series. With 4 races done and one drop she is 16th overall out of the 50/60 people who have run all or parts of the races. She will keep trying to get better . See you soon and good luck at the regionals.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedxl
dotman drop the shock oil down to 35wt
youll also like the response.

Mind you in the heat of the day the car might be a little loose but stiffen up the front sway bar!
Hector, what springs do you use?
Old 06-16-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

dotman I go back and forth with that
I currently run blue upfront and silver in the rear.
pending on the traction if better i go blue in the rear to free it up.
and in the after noon sometimes i put the green spring if the car is way loose especially with take off 27s!

what do you run!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

The same...blue/silver primarily. Occasionally blue/blue.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

during the hot part of the day when track temps reach 130 to 140 put the greens in.
especially with the take off's
Old 06-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Ah, I've been running 27s in the morning and afternoon and 32s midday.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

try it!
because that is one of the reason for alex lopez and dave bowser being so fast on those tires and motors.
we run takeoffs as a spec tire we are allowed to sets for the weekend at our state races. and if we make the main you are allowed a third. we have three qualifiers and a main. so we are forced to run one set twice! Hope you understand what I mean.
so we have setups for the tires when its cool, for carpet and extremely hot track temps. we use these tires on any and all surfaces and diff temps. so we have about 3 years of experiance with these tires .
hous yes they are forgiven under consitant conditions but when the temp changes are drastic you need different suspension setting! thous the change in springs. you could also play with the sway by ( ex hot temp go thicker front sway bar cool temp use thinner)

hell if you can chage tires great we cant we have to run the same no matter what its the rules.
when I am allowed very rarely I still dont do it just because under my state series rules we cant so I just keep on trying different set ups taking advantage of the test time for big races where they might use these tires.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

I see where you're coming from. We don't usually have any tires restrictions here so tires compounds become a big part of tuning, but it's good to have that info for the times that we do have tires restrictions, like the Reedy Race. My car at the Reedy was dialed the entire weekend...even when the track temp changed. I made some minor setup changes on Thursday and Friday, but didn't make any changes after that.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

the reason for the spec tire was to illiminate tire of the week and of course its the stuff you cant get!
also it forces you to become an expert tuninig your chassis because you cant hide and ill handling car via tires!
Old 06-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

That's cool. One thing I like about this car is you don't need to make drastic changes to it when moving from one track to another. I ran the car on one of the dirtiest tracks I've ever seen and it was still pretty good. Put green springs in the front and blue in the back. No one was dialed that day, though. It was like driving on a frozen pond.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.