Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Tonight went a bit better I still traction rolled, but only once or twice I even went white/yellow and took a little droop out all around.

I ended up in 3rd overall but, I definatly should have had 1st or 2nd, next week should be alot better, gonna try harder tires, and maybe the sway bar

Overall though, this chassis rocks! I had the secon fastest lap time of the night again!
Old 04-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JayPif you post your setup maybe we can throw in some suggestions for not traction rolling...one thing i could ask you is if you glue the outside edges of your tires?...it stiffens the sidewalls a bit
Old 04-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

I have always gone softer to solve traction rolling. If you let the car itself roll, it has some "give" to it before it starts to reach the limit, or traction roll. Try your setup with yellow/purple...or even purple/copper to see what happens. Maybe just as simple as gluing the sidewalls or adding a swaybar to the front...maybe more camber or change the camber links to allow more camber gain throught the corner so the tire stays flatter. Also one other thing to consider is your driving style. That too can lead to traction rolling. Are you driving hard into the corner then cranking the wheel? Or are you driving swoopy and connecting each corner and flowing smoothly? Try taking some dual rate out of the radio...could be as simple as too much wheel travel causing the traction roll. Glad to hear the warp car is doing good for you
Old 04-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

MUFFIN - thanks for the setup man Ill post results here after I get home tomorrow
Old 04-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the tips guys! I did glue the sidewalls, but heres my setup as of right now

Front:
springs: white
Tires: 42 shore
Camber Link: inner upper
Rear shock tower
Shocks in middle hole on tower, outer on arms
60 wt. oil, w/#2
4* blocks
3mm spacer under ballstud
ride hieght 5.5
camber: 2
Droop: set to touch spring while in the air

Rear:
springs: yellow (tried purple too)
Tires: 37 shore
Camber link: inner upper
shocks in middle on tower, outer on arms
40 wt oil w/ #2
R+3+2 block
camber: 2
ride hieght 5mm
Droop: set same as front

Its pretty much the same as Ariels, but I didnt get a chance to get the F+3+0 blocks.

Also someone told me try the F block on the inside rear instead of the rear one? anyone ever tried this, he said its supposed to feel a bit more free in the rear end

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 04-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ran the D1 today and it was on rails!! The car was awesome all day and I tq'd and won sportsman. The car was flawless, but I made a few mistakes during the race.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

already a win w/ your d1 Im waiting for my Moment to arrive. I have already put it in the 3rd postition in Expert Stock.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

last weekend i tq'd and won the stock foam class. this weekend i had to announce the race and missed out on a great 19t foam class. man was i bumed watching them.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Im mad Cause I haven't Race For almost 1month and a half..Because of no ride to the races, and Parents Suck at Transportation or Supporting me in r/c.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

Great Job to all you WARPSPEED drivers:

Lynn Munno (sorry if misspelled) Tq'd and Won WOW!!

Ariel.....3rd place good job!

Matt D.......Tq'd and Won EXCELLENT!!
Old 04-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Yea the Cars a Bullet On Carpet. I haven't Tryed it on asphalt because too scared I will mess up setup and won't be same again .
Old 04-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my D1 is definately a rocket in mod. foam next year i should have a little something something for the A-Mainers
Old 04-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Yea the Cars a Bullet On Carpet. I haven't Tryed it on asphalt because too scared I will mess up setup and won't be same again .
Ariel-Write your set-up down on a set-up sheet-then change it for Asphalt. Theres no better way to prepare for racing and to improve than to change set-ups often-knowing you can always go back to your orginal set-up. For example I knew my set-up for the NAts in sedan (same as Birds) so I ran a different set-up every week up to Nats to try and feel new set-ups. Then the week before the Nats-I rebuilt car to Birds/Nats set-up.

Ray
Old 04-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
my D1 is definately a rocket in mod. foam next year i should have a little something something for the A-Mainers
The D1 on carpet in Modified is a dream to drive. Its so fast-easy to drive and has amazing forward traction and launches straight-every time. That was with a 2.5 chassis and 3mm top deck. I bet a 3mm chassis would be even faster, but I never tried it.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
The D1 on carpet in Modified is a dream to drive. Its so fast-easy to drive and has amazing forward traction and launches straight-every time. That was with a 2.5 chassis and 3mm top deck. I bet a 3mm chassis would be even faster, but I never tried it.
I second the motion!!!!! Never knew I could drive mod! Seems my d1 3mm all the way is more driveable on mod than stock! And the handling is second to none!

Peace guys ans Happy Racing!

Our new track is almost done! Will post pictures soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.